collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
July 03, 2021, 09:28:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1093 | Comments: 15

It would have been fitting if ...
June 23, 2021, 06:40:04 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 665 | Comments: 2

Having a total aversion to Sub...
June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 755 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 824 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1566 | Comments: 10

Itís forever been a myst...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 2071183 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #22605 on: June 21, 2021, 04:28:55 PM »
Maybe he should try and think of the myriad of ways Jack could help his team, instead of desperately trying to find some obscure reason not to select him.
Itíll be because heís no good a saving penalties or he doesnít wash the kit properly next.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #22606 on: June 21, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
If he isn't fit enough to play Southgate would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Jack's got his left thigh bandaged up. Rumours are Southgate gave him a dead leg.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #22607 on: June 21, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »
I don't think it's intent to unsettle players or destabilise clubs at all, they don't want to screw smaller clubs over, they just don't care if they do. Driving clicks and shares on Social Media matters more than anything else so if they have to create stories about players wanting to move to the same tiny pool of clubs which guarantee the most clicks then so be it. If we carry on as we are we'll be part of the same cycle before long and will be linked with players all the time regardless of the truth.
Exactly.

Where was their agenda for the 'Big 6' when they were talking up Coutihno & Suarez leaving Liverpool, Modric leaving Spurs and coutless players leaving Arsenal etc?

They're discussing Jack because he's the biggest story in town, not because of some underhand plot to help the 'Big 6'

Ok maybe Iím being overly conspiratorial, but the players you reference largely went to other teams in the super powered clique. I donít think thereís a master plan, but I do think itís in the interest of the media to maintain the privileged position of these clubs, because itís of mutual financial benefit, maybe destabilising other clubs is just a coincidental knock on effect, but not giving a shit about the impact doesnít mean their hands are clean.
Like you say if we progress weíll be drawn further into this murky old world

Offline john2710

« Reply #22608 on: June 21, 2021, 05:36:30 PM »
I'm convinced Southgate has had issues with Jack since his U21 days. Grealish will only ever be on the fringes whilst Southgate is in charge.

Online nigel

« Reply #22609 on: June 21, 2021, 05:45:39 PM »
In the two games England have played so far they have had the sum total of 3 shots on target.  Yet we can't pick Grealish because he might not do enough defensively?  How about trying to score some goals?

When I saw the squad the first thing I said was that he would select a team not to lose, and try and nick a goal.
It worked vrs Croatia not vrs Scotland.

Quite pathetic given our attacking players that were available

Online john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #22610 on: June 21, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »
I'm convinced Southgate has had issues with Jack since his U21 days. Grealish will only ever be on the fringes whilst Southgate is in charge.

Long article in the Athletic says it could go back to Boothroyd in the England under 21s where Jack fell out with him and was not even on speaking terms in the end

went through a few examples of what happened then goes on to say that Southgate was a big friend of Boothroyd and Boothroyd was a part of the Innercircle with Southgate and would have heard Boothroyd side of the story

It also went through other scenarios but basically said that their relationship was civil and cordial but complicated

Anyway it cost £1 a month to subscribe to The Athletic and Iíve just given you lot at least 10pís worth free

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #22611 on: June 21, 2021, 06:57:54 PM »
They're now talking about Mount and Chillwell having to isolate because they gave Gilmore a hug at the end of the game.

If that's the case Jack will play 10 I presume.  I'm not sure if this does him a favour or not as Mount will definitely be back as Southgates forst choice for 10, it's really a place on the left he needs to win. 

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #22612 on: June 21, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »
In the two games England have played so far they have had the sum total of 3 shots on target.  Yet we can't pick Grealish because he might not do enough defensively?  How about trying to score some goals?

When I saw the squad the first thing I said was that he would select a team not to lose, and try and nick a goal. It worked vs Croatia not vs Scotland.

Typical Safegate set-up. 20 odd 0-0's and 1-0's in 56 matches says it all. I will be betting that Grealish starts tomorrow though.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #22613 on: June 21, 2021, 08:16:43 PM »
Pretty convinced if he carries on playing the ridiculously overrated Phillips and Rice together, so effectively 6 defensive minded outfield players, England will draw tomorrow and possibly end up playing a mind numbingly dull game against the Swedes in round 2, somehow scrape a 1-0 and finally play someone decent, a France or Germany in the QFs and that will be it-out.
It reminds me so far of the 2010 WC in South Africa, when we were shit in the group stages despite some good attacking players, Everyone hoped weíd improve in the knock outs, but there was no momentum and they limped to defeat to Germany.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #22614 on: June 21, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »
They're now talking about Mount and Chillwell having to isolate because they gave Gilmore a hug at the end of the game.

He's said they aren't isolating because of any on pitch contact.

Online john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #22615 on: June 21, 2021, 08:23:15 PM »

He's said they aren't isolating because of any on pitch contact.

I think they might be a thruple

Online Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #22616 on: June 21, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »
Shearer's saying Jack should start against the Czech Republic on BBC website.

Online olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2022
« Reply #22617 on: June 21, 2021, 11:06:46 PM »
No it doesn't work that way. Self isolation is required when you come into close contact with a person who has tested positive. Close contact is described as "contact lasting more than 15 mins within 2 meters". So it's not just hugging there is more to it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #22618 on: June 21, 2021, 11:12:45 PM »

Long article in the Athletic says it could go back to Boothroyd in the England under 21s where Jack fell out with him and was not even on speaking terms in the end

went through a few examples of what happened then goes on to say that Southgate was a big friend of Boothroyd and Boothroyd was a part of the Innercircle with Southgate and would have heard Boothroyd side of the story

It also went through other scenarios but basically said that their relationship was civil and cordial but complicated

Anyway it cost £1 a month to subscribe to The Athletic and Iíve just given you lot at least 10pís worth free

Falling out with a tactical neanderthal like Aidy Boothroyd should be seen as a plus. Anyone carrying a grudge over Jack's off pitch distractions from his underage days is clearly a bit dim anyway.

Southgate will be forced to play him now anyway and Sancho I'd expect will come in from the cold. It's clearly not working and will never work with Kane in the current setup and I severely doubt Southgate has the stones to drop him. So they are going to have to try something else. Henderson or Bellingham should surely be tried next to Phillips or Rice (who has made little impression so far I think). Foden will be the easy one to drop as the young kid and surely Sterling too.

If you think Grealish is being treated badly, spare a thought for Sancho. Burned up Bundesliga last six months and left watching the likes of Sterling and Rashford getting picked ahead of him. Actually wasn't Lingard picked ahead of him for a friendly too.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 07.04.2022
« Reply #22619 on: June 21, 2021, 11:17:20 PM »
Falling out with a tactical neanderthal like Aidy Boothroyd should be seen as a plus. Anyone carrying a grudge over Jack's off pitch distractions from his underage days is clearly a bit dim anyway.

Indeed e.g. you don't see Deschamps holding a grudge over Benzema's underage distractions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal