collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 273 | Comments: 0

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 577 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1233 | Comments: 10

Its forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1034 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1348 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1940890 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #21435 on: May 18, 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
I see Micha Richards is trying to sell him to Man City in his BBC article.

They really do have some knobheads on there. Like everywhere else, they seem to recruit ex-players from the 6 to spout the usual.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21436 on: May 18, 2021, 03:42:09 PM »

They really do have some knobheads on there. Like everywhere else, they seem to recruit ex-players from the 6 to spout the usual.

It's the ones that were bang average players at these clubs when they were bang average clubs, before the money rolled in that do my head in, Micah being a prime example.

"Doug Rougvie on why Grealish needs to move to Chelsea", that kind of bollocks.

In fairness though, he's actually right in his evaluation of Jack and Foden.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #21437 on: May 18, 2021, 03:55:29 PM »

Lineker: :
"It's a similar situation to that of Harry Kane's. There comes a point when you're an absolute top player... It's hard. Villa have made progress as well and Tottenham are on the periphery of things.
Your clock's ticking on your career and it's difficult when leaving your own club. I had it at Leicester and I had to do the exactly that. It's hard to make that decision."I was at Leicester since I was a kid but it comes to a point where ambition takes over, I suppose, and Grealish and Kane will have that to come."

Shearer:
"You should never underestimate someone playing for their Boyhood club because there's always this criticism of players in terms of the money and the finances but I mean there are lots and lots of players who love their football club and he is one of those. You can see that."

Micah Richards:
"He loves Aston Villa, it's difficult because he loves Villa. He's had all of the shirts.
But he's got players who are not as good as him or as talented who are playing in the Champions League. On his Instagram, he's always got Champions League nights on. He's going to want that at some stage. It's all about the timing. The thing in his favour is that Villa have money with their owners."

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #21438 on: May 18, 2021, 03:58:14 PM »
I just hope and pray Jack stays forever.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 19.03.2022
« Reply #21439 on: May 18, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
Micha Richards is the new Tim Sherwood. Both got a very good living out of Villa for achieving not very
much* and have gone on to spit in the eye of the club.

*the semi final victory over Liverpool for TS apart.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #21440 on: May 18, 2021, 04:05:22 PM »
I just hope and pray Jack stays forever.
Me too.  I feel I've been robbed by not being able to watch him live this season.  He's worth the ticket money on his own.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #21441 on: May 18, 2021, 04:05:44 PM »

It's the ones that were bang average players at these clubs when they were bang average clubs, before the money rolled in that do my head in, Micah being a prime example.

"Doug Rougvie on why Grealish needs to move to Chelsea", that kind of bollocks.

In fairness though, he's actually right in his evaluation of Jack and Foden.

He's right in his assessment of their ability, but since when did the BBC have the remit to support the 6?

Why not have an article about who Leicester should sign to move them up, why not about the teams near the bottom about who they should sign to stay out of trouble?

It's all just fantasy to suit the narrative about Man City being a big club who are entitled to do what the fuck they want. The BBC usually spout shite about Liverpool, given the editor of the site is a Liverpool fan. But then you see simple things like Lawrenson who can't hide his bias etc.

Fucks me off it does.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 12.03.2022
« Reply #21442 on: May 18, 2021, 04:12:08 PM »
The reality is if were to keep Jack were going to have to get into the Champions League quick. Of course hes going to want to test himself at the elite level.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21443 on: May 18, 2021, 04:14:56 PM »
Don't get me started on that waste of space Lawrenson, had our results matched his predictions this season we'd probably have less points than Sheff Utd.

I can't remember who said it, but he was summed up as "the kind of man that irons his socks", which I thought was great.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #21444 on: May 18, 2021, 04:33:04 PM »
Don't get me started on that waste of space Lawrenson, had our results matched his predictions this season we'd probably have less points than Sheff Utd.

I can't remember who said it, but he was summed up as "the kind of man that irons his socks", which I thought was great.

It is, though I'd then imagine he's the sort that would use them to wank in as well.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2022
« Reply #21445 on: May 18, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
Mark Lawrenson is an arrogant, sarcastic c**t!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2022
« Reply #21446 on: May 18, 2021, 05:43:51 PM »
I didn't know you regarded him so highly Dave? ;D

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #21447 on: May 18, 2021, 05:54:18 PM »
Personally, I think his place at the Euros is under threat. I know any sane football fan who has watched him play, would move heaven and earth to take Jack to the Euro's, but unfortunately we're not Gareth Southgate.

He's far from blue-eyed boy in Southgate's eyes, and it would only need a glimmer of an excuse to exclude him, with Jack's current health/lack of match fitness the perfect ammunition.

Unlike when Jack previously returned from this injury in the Championship, apart from that one mazey run in the Everton game, he hasn't exactly lit up the match (*yes, they were only brief substitute appearances, but this is what Southgate will be looking at).

You could argue that his introduction yesterday actually messed with the balance of the side in that second half, and actually made us worse, if that's even possible?!

Obviously, we'd have him first on the team sheet in that England squad, but I think he needs to start in both of our remaining games... and prove himself ready by leaving the pitch with 2 MOTM awards. This is Southgate we're talking about here.

Thought Grealish helped turn the game in our favour initially when he came on. Drew a series of set pieces down that left side and a yellow card for Ward. He wasn't much involved late on when we were chasing an equaliser, which was a surprise. But then again we had no control in midfield at all so couldn't get him the ball. Perhaps he is minding himself a bit still.

If he isn't fully fit he shouldn't go. Thought Rice was miles off the pace for West Ham recently too. England have made that mistake for years with Rooney, Beckham and others. International tournaments aren't the place for finding match fitness.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2022
« Reply #21448 on: May 18, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
I didn't know you regarded him so highly Dave? ;D

Everytime I see or hear him, if I had any, the hair on my head would stand up in anger.  The way he talks down to people requires a severe whacking with a cricket bat.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2022
« Reply #21449 on: May 18, 2021, 06:05:06 PM »
Mark Lawrenson is an arrogant, sarcastic c**t!

Its so annoying when people sit on the fence and never say what they really mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal