collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 472 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 628 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1319 | Comments: 10

It’s forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1081 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1448 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1958907 times)

Online Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2022
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #21375 on: May 11, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »
Think for the reasons many others have outlined on here I think it will be a fascinating summer - in terms of Jack unlike a number of others before ie Yorke / Young there is no inevitability about it.  You can just as easily make the case that he’ll sign a new contract to put it to bed as you can for him leaving.

I’d be surprised if the shin splints wouldn’t be a red light for some purchasers, much in the same way as Kane’s glass ankles will possibly keep him at Spurs for another year.

If we keep Jack and spend 90-100m the pressure will really ramp up on Dean as European football 22-23 will be expected.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #21376 on: May 11, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
Think for the reasons many others have outlined on here I think it will be a fascinating summer - in terms of Jack unlike a number of others before ie Yorke / Young there is no inevitability about it.  You can just as easily make the case that he’ll sign a new contract to put it to bed as you can for him leaving.

I’d be surprised if the shin splints wouldn’t be a red light for some purchasers, much in the same way as Kane’s glass ankles will possibly keep him at Spurs for another year.

If we keep Jack and spend 90-100m the pressure will really ramp up on Dean as European football 22-23 will be expected.

Aside from that game where Yorke walked around the pitch, Everton?, was there a long build up to him signing for United? If I recall he was a bit of a surprise signing for them as his off pitch antics would have been well known by then. Brilliant player on it, mind. He was arguably the best striker in Europe in his first couple of seasons with them.

Young, for sure you could see the previous season he had been tapped up. He used drop back into the quarter back role and take freekicks etc. Still think he had a decent enough season for us in terms of goals and assists. Still going strong with a Seria A medal last week.

Didn't Bozzy let his contract run down? From what I recall his departure was inevitable.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #21377 on: May 11, 2021, 01:55:13 PM »
If Jack asked to go I'm pretty sure we'd sell him and notwithstanding our own feelings I suspect the fee would be £80-£90m.

That sort of money would go pretty quickly with any clubs seeking top dollar from us knowing we're minted.  For instance, I doubt there would be much change from Buendia and Abraham.  Jack is worth far more to us than that.  I just hope he's still convinced by the vision the owners sold him last summer.  The second half of the season hasn't helped and it's one of the reasons I'm so frustrated by our poor form.

No chance of anything less than £150m in my arrogant opinion.

You have to love modern day football, players and it’s agents. Here we have a really fortunate local lad, playing for his local team, getting paid millions, brand new 5 year deal and his agent dresses it up as “He’s leaving but could stay” instead of “He’s staying but could leave”

I have heard similar. He stays if he misses the Euros.

Online john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #21378 on: May 11, 2021, 02:22:05 PM »
I can’t see how Man United need Grealish anymore after signing Donny van de Beek who we were told was twice the player for half the price at the time apparently

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #21379 on: May 11, 2021, 02:26:57 PM »
I can’t see how Man United need Grealish anymore after signing Donny van de Beek who we were told was twice the player for half the price at the time apparently

Van de Beek looked a very good player in that Ajax team a couple of years back. Just playing off the front man in their CL run, is very one paced but a tidy footballer. Bruno plays effectively in same position so was a silly signing. A few of those Ajax players haven't kicked on as expected, Ziyech, De Ligt, Frankie de Jong.... VdeB wouldnt be the worst replacement for Barkley possibly....

Online john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #21380 on: May 11, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »

Van de Beek looked a very good player in that Ajax team a couple of years back. Just playing off the front man in their CL run, is very one paced but a tidy footballer. Bruno plays effectively in same position so was a silly signing. A few of those Ajax players haven't kicked on as expected, Ziyech, De Ligt, Frankie de Jong.... VdeB wouldnt be the worst replacement for Barkley possibly....

The beek would be where my first 40- 50 million bid would go

Offline Woody17

« Reply #21381 on: May 11, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
Aside from that game where Yorke walked around the pitch, Everton?, was there a long build up to him signing for United? If I recall he was a bit of a surprise signing for them as his off pitch antics would have been well known by then. Brilliant player on it, mind. He was arguably the best striker in Europe in his first couple of seasons with them.
I'm sure it was a friendly game away to Wycombe Wanderers, not Everton. I took a picture as he was walking around the pitch as I knew it was the last we'd see of him.
Broke my heart he did that night.
Don't recall it being a surprise at all, we knew it was happening, still hurt when it did though. He was the final piece of the jigsaw for that particular Manyoo team. Wa*kers.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21382 on: May 11, 2021, 02:48:12 PM »

The beek would be where my first 40- 50 million bid would go

Same here pal, and once I'd got through that I'd think of signing some players.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #21383 on: May 11, 2021, 04:18:38 PM »
Gregg Evans is suggesting Jack will play vs Everton

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #21384 on: May 11, 2021, 06:49:57 PM »
Jack. "United!! Do me a favour"

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #21385 on: May 11, 2021, 06:58:19 PM »

There isn't any case for him going. Absolutely none whatsoever. He will be here next season and the season after that too.

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #21386 on: May 11, 2021, 07:21:21 PM »
I think Jack is keeping the club to whatever promises they made him. That's why he can't commit either way.

Reading between the lines his agent may well be saying, he might go, he might stay. It depends on what happens at Villa. It's a message to the club that he'll be keeping his options open.

Personally I don't think the owners bought the club to settle for mid table mediocrity after 3 years of huge investment. What would be the point. Look at the new training facilities.

I'm hoping for another exciting summer transfer window. Utv.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #21387 on: May 11, 2021, 07:34:54 PM »
I think Real Madrid would be interested if Jack switched to Adidas and wouldn't be surprised if we were interested in Bale and Madrid would get notifications if any club has an accepted bid in future years . like being informed to match any valuation of bids made by other clubs for Jack.
I mean it would make sense with having the same agent that Villa would look to take Bale on more than Grealish leaving right now.
That's the only thing I can deduce from the players agent reading between the lines.

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #21388 on: May 11, 2021, 07:51:56 PM »
I don't think Bale would come to Villa anyway, especially if Jack left. Why would he? There'd be his wages to consider as well. Bale if Jack stayed though, well that would be a statement of intent, but I really can't see Bale agreeing.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21389 on: May 11, 2021, 07:54:59 PM »
I think Real Madrid would be interested if Jack switched to Adidas and wouldn't be surprised if we were interested in Bale and Madrid would get notifications if any club has an accepted bid in future years . like being informed to match any valuation of bids made by other clubs for Jack.
I mean it would make sense with having the same agent that Villa would look to take Bale on more than Grealish leaving right now.
That's the only thing I can deduce from the players agent reading between the lines.
And how would a club nearly a billion euros in debt find the money?
There is a reason they are still desperate for the super league to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal