collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 273 | Comments: 0

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 577 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1233 | Comments: 10

It’s forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1034 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1348 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1940902 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #21345 on: May 10, 2021, 08:02:01 PM »
CD I hope that you are right, but if Grealish plays well for England in the summer then we may have a few bids for him, hopefully he will not want the move

After watching the game yesterday we are a fair few seasons away from pushing for a top 4 finish

We aren't. We could have done it this season were it not for Jack's injury.

Only some slight tweaks and improvements needed. Of course that's easier said than done but it doesn't have to take 3+ years.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #21346 on: May 10, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
You’d like to think (and we’ve shown) that we’re a bit more savvy in the transfer market than Everton who spunked big bucks on Sigurdsson, Klassen and Iwobi to name a few without any of them having a great impact.

As mentioned we’re not far off the likes of Everton, who’ve had a massive head start on us, if we can get a few first teamers in and keep out better players, central to this is Jack.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21347 on: May 10, 2021, 10:32:04 PM »
CD I hope that you are right, but if Grealish plays well for England in the summer then we may have a few bids for him, hopefully he will not want the move

After watching the game yesterday we are a fair few seasons away from pushing for a top 4 finish

We aren't. We could have done it this season were it not for Jack's injury.

Only some slight tweaks and improvements needed. Of course that's easier said than done but it doesn't have to take 3+ years.
Bloody hell mate, most of us have one claret eye and one blue one, but top 4 this season ? 😂

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #21348 on: May 11, 2021, 09:37:27 AM »
You have to love modern day football, players and it’s agents. Here we have a really fortunate local lad, playing for his local team, getting paid millions, brand new 5 year deal and his agent dresses it up as “He’s leaving but could stay” instead of “He’s staying but could leave”

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21349 on: May 11, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
I haven't seen any of the coverage but I suspect/hope that our owners don't subscribe to the 'you can't keep an unhappy player' theory of management, and just simply make him happy again, by whatever mean necessary. See also: Neymar's new PSG contract.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #21350 on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »
Planning forward with caution is required.

Deano has said he is going to have to manage Jack's workload better to protect his shin problem. Does this mean 20, 30 matches a season maximum, less training etc

To avoid a repeat of this years slump. we need a better Plan B. Hope they work on it pre-season and in the transfer market.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #21351 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »
Has anyone really got the money post COVID to make an offer we can't refuse, or have transfer prices been re-aligned downwards because plenty of clubs are skint? Even if we do end up selling him, it would make sense to keep him at least another year to see if things return to normal financially.

Offline frank black

« Reply #21352 on: May 11, 2021, 09:53:29 AM »
It’s up to the club to buy some players that makes Jack believe we can have a go at the top 4, which is some ask I know. But if I were Jack that’s what I would want to see. No doubt he’s probably impressed with last summer’s business, but we are still a fair distance off.
From the clubs perspective they really need to get someone in that can push Jack and eventually replace him. Should be (as always) an interesting transfer window.

Offline Monty

• GM : 26.08.2019
« Reply #21353 on: May 11, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
Has anyone really got the money post COVID to make an offer we can't refuse, or have transfer prices been re-aligned downwards because plenty of clubs are skint? Even if we do end up selling him, it would make sense to keep him at least another year to see if things return to normal financially.

Only Man City it seems to me, and I doubt they'd want to double their record transfer fee for an injury-prone player in whose position they are already overflowing with options. It is starting to look like Jack might be in that Zaha position in the market - much more valuable to the club he's at than he would be to any buyer.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #21354 on: May 11, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »

Only Man City it seems to me, and I doubt they'd want to double their record transfer fee for an injury-prone player in whose position they are already overflowing with options. It is starting to look like Jack might be in that Zaha position in the market - much more valuable to the club he's at than he would be to any buyer.

Hallelujah!

Offline Monty

• GM : 26.08.2019
« Reply #21355 on: May 11, 2021, 10:02:30 AM »

Hallelujah!

I stress this is my hope. Obviously I'd rather Jack was just Totti, staying forever because he just wants to. But I suspect our reality is a little more prosaic.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #21356 on: May 11, 2021, 10:04:46 AM »
yeah, i'd probably add Chelsea to that tiny list of COVID proof clubs. Outside this country its even less so. Obviously if Villa are really in trouble moneywise, the price could come down but i'm not aware of any evidence suggesting that and it would look a false enconomy if in 12 months time everything is back to normal with money coming in from the turnstiles and clubs start paying stupid money again.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #21357 on: May 11, 2021, 10:08:03 AM »

Hallelujah!

I stress this is my hope. Obviously I'd rather Jack was just Totti, staying forever because he just wants to. But I suspect our reality is a little more prosaic.

I suspect that he may already be in a gilded cage.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #21358 on: May 11, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »
If Jack asked to go I'm pretty sure we'd sell him and notwithstanding our own feelings I suspect the fee would be £80-£90m.

That sort of money would go pretty quickly with any clubs seeking top dollar from us knowing we're minted.  For instance, I doubt there would be much change from Buendia and Abraham.  Jack is worth far more to us than that.  I just hope he's still convinced by the vision the owners sold him last summer.  The second half of the season hasn't helped and it's one of the reasons I'm so frustrated by our poor form.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #21359 on: May 11, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »
If Jack asked to go I'm pretty sure we'd sell him and notwithstanding our own feelings I suspect the fee would be £80-£90m.

That sort of money would go pretty quickly with any clubs seeking top dollar from us knowing we're minted.  For instance, I doubt there would be much change from Buendia and Abraham.  Jack is worth far more to us than that.  I just hope he's still convinced by the vision the owners sold him last summer.  The second half of the season hasn't helped and it's one of the reasons I'm so frustrated by our poor form.

No chance of anything less than £150m in my arrogant opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal