collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 275 | Comments: 0

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 578 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1241 | Comments: 10

Its forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1035 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1351 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1941080 times)

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #21300 on: May 07, 2021, 08:03:24 PM »
I don't think it will have escaped Jack's notice that had he not been injured for so long we would probably be pushing for Europe this season. It's unfortunate that he may miss international duty in the summer but it's a World Cup next year and his chances of making the England squad are probably better served playing for us, rather than sitting on a bench being "rotated" somewhere else next season.

His ambition to play for England in the Euros may well be on hold because Southgate possibly won't pick him anyway this time.

If he also believes we could've got into Europe had he not been injured there's no reason why he shouldn't believe we can next season, especially if the owners ambitions continue and we buy in the summer.

Jack may well be playing his cards close to make sure they spend for fear of him leaving.

Utv!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 09:00:55 PM by Hockley Lion »

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #21301 on: May 07, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »
Jack will be playing at Villa next season, i really do think that. This time next year is the time to discuss if Jack and Dean stay at the club.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21302 on: May 07, 2021, 09:20:16 PM »
I could see Chelsea going for him.

Chelsea are ridiculously stacked. Mount despite all the jibes has been really brilliant for them last four months and they have all of Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner who can play left or drift that side so they're well covered in that left attacking area.

I honestly think on these shores there isn't much room from the likely CL qualifiers. Man. United looked at him but they'll probably move on to other targets and not like they're that weak in attack and would be taking the p if Man. City went for him given Mahrez has been in brilliant form last two months and Foden now become established choice. Unless Pep is planning 4-6-0 formation like he did at Barca I just don't see it.

Think only semi realistic option is Liverpool. Klopp got in a much poorer version in Shaqiri who's barely played and Jota is more direct but drifts in from left so he likes that type and talk they might cash in on Salah but Liverpool could have the delights of the europa conference league aswell.

I think he'll stay another season. More worried about next summer. We need him as we're far from ready for post Grealish future.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #21303 on: May 08, 2021, 09:21:34 AM »
I could see Chelsea going for him.
Chelsea are ridiculously stacked. Mount despite all the jibes has been really brilliant for them last four months and they have all of Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner who can play left or drift that side so they're well covered in that left attacking area.
I honestly think on these shores there isn't much room from the likely CL qualifiers. Man. United looked at him but they'll probably move on to other targets and not like they're that weak in attack and would be taking the p if Man. City went for him given Mahrez has been in brilliant form last two months and Foden now become established choice. Unless Pep is planning 4-6-0 formation like he did at Barca I just don't see it.
Think only semi realistic option is Liverpool. Klopp got in a much poorer version in Shaqiri who's barely played and Jota is more direct but drifts in from left so he likes that type and talk they might cash in on Salah but Liverpool could have the delights of the europa conference league aswell.
I think he'll stay another season. More worried about next summer. We need him as we're far from ready for post Grealish future.
I agree with your views here. I'd add that your last sentence sums up exactly what the brief needs to be in this summer's acquisition strategy: to strengthen the side to be more competitive when JG is not available. Pretty obvious, really!!
A couple of years ago I speculated that the ideal move for JG - were he to go anywhere - would be to Real Madrid ... but their financial status doesn't appear well-equipped right now to add more galacticos.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:08:26 AM by Mister E »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #21304 on: May 08, 2021, 10:41:49 AM »
Yesterday Dean said this officially on Jack :

"His first day of training will be with the players Saturday. Then we can actually gradually build that load up aiming for even Everton or Crystal Palace to play a part in those games.....But we will be guided by Jack who knows what the pain will feel like but also the medical staff as well.

It will be 12 games that he misses. Hes out on the grass loading the injury, so hes on his way back, but this game will be too soon for him
This game is too soon for him. He starts training with the group tomorrow, (Saturday today)so its too soon to put him in against Manchester United.
As Ive said many times, we want him back as soon as possible but weve got to do it right.
We obviously had a spike in his loading last time and we had a reaction, so we have to make sure that were very conservative with our approach this time with it.
Hes itching to get back, were itching to get him back, but were led by the medical staff"

When asked if we will see Jack play again this season Dean Smith emphatically replied  with one word Definitely.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 20.07.2019
« Reply #21305 on: May 08, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
Well that rules him out

of being H

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #21306 on: May 08, 2021, 10:51:15 AM »
If this is the reality then the medical staff got the loading wrong with Jack and aiding his recovery turned into mess up of incompetence then those staff need addressing on what they are doing. I'm not sure how professional medical teams are getting this so wrong in his physical rehab.
Though is it so obvious that this was indeed the case?

Dean has put this on the medical staff so internally I would think they would look at improving things when we have othe injured players especially Trezeguet and getting players to return to fitness far quicker than what I can only see as a shambles if this is actually what's going on!

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #21307 on: May 08, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »
I heard the other day a viewpoint I'd not considered before, but I'm finding it entirely feasible. In order to make genuine persistent inroads at the very top of the table, you have to get players who are either already or will shortly be CL quality, you have to be prepared to pay the fees and pay the wages to get them, and you have to be prepared to promise to let them go elsewhere if you fail to match their ambitions when others won't.

If we're to keep him, then no more tinkering around the edges, we have to get big, think big, act big now.

To be fair to the club and new owners, I think theyve acted as big as they could in each of the transfer windows.  The reality is, 70m players are unlikely to join us, not because the money isnt available but we are considered too small.  This season will be about 45m players.  Next we can think about 50+.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #21308 on: May 08, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »
I heard the other day a viewpoint I'd not considered before, but I'm finding it entirely feasible. In order to make genuine persistent inroads at the very top of the table, you have to get players who are either already or will shortly be CL quality, you have to be prepared to pay the fees and pay the wages to get them, and you have to be prepared to promise to let them go elsewhere if you fail to match their ambitions when others won't.
If we're to keep him, then no more tinkering around the edges, we have to get big, think big, act big now.
It's a Catch-22 though: in order to attract CL players, we have to be able to offer them a European stage (one of the competitions). For now, we need to identify players who have CL potential - using a scouting system to spot the next McGinn or Luiz or Cash, but at the 25-40m range rather than the 3-15m range.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #21309 on: May 08, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »
Yesterday Dean said this officially on Jack :

"His first day of training will be with the players Saturday. Then we can actually gradually build that load up aiming for even Everton or Crystal Palace to play a part in those games.....But we will be guided by Jack who knows what the pain will feel like but also the medical staff as well.

It will be 12 games that he misses. Hes out on the grass loading the injury, so hes on his way back, but this game will be too soon for him
This game is too soon for him. He starts training with the group tomorrow, (Saturday today)so its too soon to put him in against Manchester United.
As Ive said many times, we want him back as soon as possible but weve got to do it right.
We obviously had a spike in his loading last time and we had a reaction, so we have to make sure that were very conservative with our approach this time with it.
Hes itching to get back, were itching to get him back, but were led by the medical staff"

When asked if we will see Jack play again this season Dean Smith emphatically replied  with one word Definitely.

He was definitely back after the last break. Talks shite about the Grealish Injury.

Offline Ads

• GM : 04.04.2022
« Reply #21310 on: May 08, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
How?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #21311 on: May 08, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »

To be fair to the club and new owners, I think theyve acted as big as they could in each of the transfer windows.  The reality is, 70m players are unlikely to join us, not because the money isnt available but we are considered too small.  This season will be about 45m players.  Next we can think about 50+.

I agree with this 100%.  Short of buying mercenaries looking for a last big payday, I'm not sure we could have got players at a higher, more expensive level than we have in the last two windows.  This summer we will be able to look a bit higher again as we're now established in the Premier League, and also shown signs of challenging towards the top end, with a couple of high-profile Internationals already in the side.

It's exciting times!

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 24.04.2022
« Reply #21312 on: May 09, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »
Apparently a hat trick in training and in contention for Thursday. Well see eh?

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2022
« Reply #21313 on: May 09, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »
Apparently a hat trick in training and in contention for Thursday. Well see eh?

It would be great, I just wonder with so few games left if its worth it. Hes been so fragile with this injury, he got a setback just from training.

In a full paced PL game, getting hacked and with no protection from referees, I dont know. Its a tough one.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #21314 on: May 09, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »
I would love it but such a shame if it happens and Ollie cannot play. But would be huge boost to get him back and hopefully healthy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal