collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1281 | Comments: 16

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 464 | Comments: 2

Theres certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 861 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1380 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 488 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1760446 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #19830 on: January 21, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
Foden was fantastic last night but then he is playing in a team of world class enablers.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2022
« Reply #19831 on: January 21, 2021, 01:33:48 PM »
Foden was fantastic last night but then he is playing in a team of world class enablers.

Agreed, Foden was brilliant, but very easy when they've got class players over the pitch. It's the same with us when Jack looks even better when playing with a fully fit Barkley.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #19832 on: January 22, 2021, 03:16:52 AM »
Fantasy football & all this nonsense about X & G numbers is creating a nerd industry - just watch it & enjoy it....particularly if you have a generational player to watch?
i see both sides to this. I generally just watch and either enjoy it or not and my points are made purely on my perception of what Ive seen. Its good to see the stats brought up by the nerds though, to either confirm or not what you think youve seen.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19833 on: January 22, 2021, 02:47:01 PM »
I read De Bruyne is out injured and my spidey sense tingled. Sure enough, rival fans posted on "Greasy"/"Girlish's" nastiness on the BBC:

Grealish injured both Walker and KDB, scrapped with Jesus and shoved Stone to the floor late on but somehow avoided a yellow card which would see him suspended for the Newcastle game.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #19834 on: January 22, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »
I thought Jack was still very good against City. Showed an appetite for graft covering his full back, particularly in comparison to Traore. Pretty much every time he got the ball he looked a threat. Defenders stand off him now a lot and yet he can still get past them pretty easily with a turn of pace. Wasn't helped obviously by our midfield which were getting swamped by City and Barkley who botched pretty much every counter attack. Was lucky enough not to be booked for persistent fouling perhaps.

Need him at his best v Newcastle. If he is, then we will win.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19835 on: January 22, 2021, 03:39:59 PM »
I thought Jack was still very good against City. Showed an appetite for graft covering his full back, particularly in comparison to Traore. Pretty much every time he got the ball he looked a threat. Defenders stand off him now a lot and yet he can still get past them pretty easily with a turn of pace. Wasn't helped obviously by our midfield which were getting swamped by City and Barkley who botched pretty much every counter attack. Was lucky enough not to be booked for persistent fouling perhaps.

Need him at his best v Newcastle. If he is, then we will win.

I enjoyed him channelling his inner Souness, adding 'midfield enforcer' to his repertoire.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2021
« Reply #19836 on: January 22, 2021, 03:45:54 PM »
I read De Bruyne is out injured and my spidey sense tingled. Sure enough, rival fans posted on "Greasy"/"Girlish's" nastiness on the BBC:

Grealish injured both Walker and KDB, scrapped with Jesus and shoved Stone to the floor late on but somehow avoided a yellow card which would see him suspended for the Newcastle game.
That's our boy. Moses and Mohammed next.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #19837 on: January 22, 2021, 03:50:13 PM »

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, tackle the King and the next kick is free.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #19838 on: January 22, 2021, 03:58:39 PM »

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, tackle the King and the next kick is free.

Interesting that Grealish knows how to cause opponents to pull their hamstrings! He should do it more often.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #19839 on: January 22, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »

Interesting that Grealish knows how to cause opponents to pull their hamstrings! He should do it more often.

The conspiracy that involves Grealish, Smith and the entire refereeing establishment to allow him to cheat, has now engulfed the player support teams of our opponents, who are deliberately sabotaging their own players.

There needs to be an FA investigation.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #19840 on: January 22, 2021, 04:15:27 PM »

Genuine lol at that haha, very good.

Offline Percy McCarthy

« Reply #19841 on: January 22, 2021, 04:53:43 PM »
One of the best to watch footballers of his generation, one of the toughest, unpopular with fans of other club because they see him as a dirty shithouse bullying their players, our captain, a Brummie and a Villa fan. How perfect can one man be?

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #19842 on: January 22, 2021, 07:46:09 PM »
They still think hes a lightweight. Hes hard as nails and is now showing it. He has to be as he gets little protection from officials. Referees give the fouls because they are fouls. Despite what the detractors might think. They can actually here the contacts made on him now with the empty stadia.

Offline john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #19843 on: January 23, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
 Can I ask a question about bookings

If Jack gets booked again (5) he misses the next game
But does everything get reset after 19 games i.e. goes back to 0

So hes got to get through the next three games without a booking and hell be okay again
Is that right ?

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #19844 on: January 23, 2021, 10:37:08 PM »
Can I ask a question about bookings

If Jack gets booked again (5) he misses the next game
But does everything get reset after 19 games i.e. goes back to 0

So hes got to get through the next three games without a booking and hell be okay again
Is that right ?

Not reset but he would be fine so long as he doesn't accumulate at least 10 bookings in total.

One match ban - 5 yellow cards within first 19 games

Two match ban - 10 yellow cards within first 32 games

Three match ban - 15 yellow cards before end of season.

After that it resets for the new season (once any outstanding bans have been served).

So worth noting that McGinn's five bookings still count towards another potential ban... even though he has already served a suspension.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal