collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
July 26, 2021, 10:29:34 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 486 | Comments: 1

One or two reading this may re...
July 03, 2021, 09:28:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1245 | Comments: 15

It would have been fitting if ...
June 23, 2021, 06:40:04 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 743 | Comments: 2

Having a total aversion to Sub...
June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 839 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 925 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - From Potential True Legend to Ratboy  (Read 2251103 times)

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2021
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #19755 on: January 07, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »
I hope the club are too classy to issue any press releases. If others want to submit offers (and not aware of any so far), fine, we just say "no". Jack will only go if he wants to. Don't get excited just because the media have little to talk about.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19756 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »
Nothing could show the upward trajectory of this club more, Than telling the every media outlet to stop the bullshit. He is not for sale.

No, that's playing to their tune. Fuck them. Jack believes what Naseef told him about our big intentions as a club, this season is going better than anyone thought and Jack is being paid a fortune. There is no boat that is rocking.

Offline passport1

• Perspective is helped by the passage of time.
« Reply #19757 on: January 07, 2021, 06:23:25 PM »
There's a 63 page thread on a Man Utd board dedicated to him. Been going a while but went into overdrive this season, but they're especially creaming themselves since our game with them last week. Many seem convinced he'll be their player before long. I'd hate to see him in a Man Utd shirt. It'd be far worse than Young or Yorke.

Besides, he'd cost more than Sancho and they couldn't cough up for him.

They've been spoonfed the idea they could sign him by the press and that thread is totally created on the back of tabloid journalists who seem to think Villa have no right to produce and keep world class talents.  I read a piece from the Athletic yesterday saying there was a "feeling" Villa would consider selling Jack for 90 million?  Lo and behold they're all chatting about a deal being done for 90 million quid. 

It's quite extraordinary to observe the online feeding frenzy and echo chambers at work.  I genuinely would love Dean Smith or Purslow to put them in their place at some point - or as I said the other day, maybe our owners could come up with a general PR interview with the press about their aims and plans (the kind of thing Lerner did once a year).   As things stand, the press seem to think we're a Norwich City kind of club, owned by Delia Smith, ready to be bent over.

They will  have to adress it because its going  to crop up at  press conferences given the chatter. As I said last week the club need to state they are building a team around him to challenge for honours. End of.

I recall Utd trying it on  via the press when Saunders was clearly building  a very exciting team. He addressed it head on by stating it was intention to remain at the club for the long term and even expressed a wish to one day go onto the board. As far as I am aware the goldfish focused on something else after that.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #19758 on: January 07, 2021, 06:48:14 PM »
Rashford is a decent player (and I like what I've read about him as a person too), but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is anywhere near a top 10 (or a top 50 for that matter).  There again, it's true that I know fuck all about 'world football' so I'm no real judge.  But is he really that great - even in terms of the premier league?

I'd put Rashford on a similar level to peak Gabby, strong, quick, explosive but a much better shot. Average enough finisher but can be very dangerous if played in behind. Needs space though so can be ineffective against a low block. The view would be consistent even across the United support that Jack would be a different class. Let's be honest the likes of the Guardian would lap up Rashford's off pitch social justice activities(for which he deserves huge respect)....and it's earned him at least an additional 40 spaces in their ladder...

From watching United a bit this season, Jack would transform them alright. Bit like England, they struggle to break down teams that sit deep and need someone with the ability to run with the ball and commit defenders. If they pushed the boat out last summer who knows, they might even have got Jack but they got neither Sancho nor Jack for a finish. Ended up with VdeBeek who it's clear OGS doesn't rate or want, giving him 3 mins last night to turn a game they were two goals down a tad insulting I thought.

As much as we want to believe Jack will stay with the club for his career like Totti at Roma, if he ever really wanted to go then the club couldn't really stop him. All the club can do is keep improving and bringing in even better players. But if league medals and champions league football is what Jack wants, then he will find a way of getting sold. He walks into pretty much every top team in Europe these days.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #19759 on: January 07, 2021, 07:41:26 PM »
If league titles and champs league football is what Aston Villa want, we have to stop selling our best players.  A big if, but if Jack was ever sold, I feel it would do huge damage to fans' belief in the new owners, season ticket sales would likely dip and the whole Ellisian boom/bust cycle would begin to rear its ugly head again.  The club has a golden opportunity at the moment to build a fantastic side around a world class talent who just happens to be a Villan - this is an extraordinary opportunity for Villa and our owners. 

We have to say to Jack, all your ambitions can be realised with us and push the Club on.  A few words in the press from the owners to underscore such sentiments and ambition would be good. 

Offline algy

« Reply #19760 on: January 07, 2021, 07:51:11 PM »
I think actions speak louder than words. Jack signed a new, 5 year contract in the autumn. If the press are still trying to flog him, I'm not sure what the owners could say to stop them doing that. It just means they'll be spending their entire time refuting transfer nonsense rather than doing their actual job, of putting the club in a position where its Manchester United's best players being perpetually linked with us.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #19761 on: January 14, 2021, 09:01:42 AM »
The posh bird at work told me today that Matty cash has just moved into a house across the rd from her parents. JG has been around . Evidently there’s some kind of housewarming planned. I’ve been trying to get her to ask them to get the lads singing sweet Caroline with the ‘fuck the blues’ bit on someone’s phone. We’ll see.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #19762 on: January 14, 2021, 09:32:31 AM »
The posh bird at work told me today that Matty cash has just moved into a house across the rd from her parents. JG has been around . Evidently there’s some kind of housewarming planned. I’ve been trying to get her to ask them to get the lads singing sweet Caroline with the ‘fuck the blues’ bit on someone’s phone. We’ll see.
You could ask her to tell them to f**king isolate rather than gathering for a housewarming!!

Offline fredm

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #19763 on: January 14, 2021, 09:36:40 AM »
You could ask her to tell them to f**king isolate rather than gathering for a housewarming!!

Exactly. Would hope someone at the club would spell it out to all of them. And what the hell was JG doing going round? Won’t he ever learn?

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #19764 on: January 14, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »
Although as Matty is copying JG from hair style to dodgy chin fluff, maybe they got confused. Especially if no parked cars had dents in.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19765 on: January 14, 2021, 10:32:49 AM »
What if both Jack and Matt are 2 that tested positive? What harm would come from it? Similarly if they're both negative, they're going to be mixing as part of the first team bubble once they return anyway.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #19766 on: January 14, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
What if both Jack and Matt are 2 that tested positive? What harm would come from it? Similarly if they're both negative, they're going to be mixing as part of the first team bubble once they return anyway.

I'm guessing as the Posh Bird has just told Robbo in the last day or so I'm taking this as a recent development and obviously no indication it is even true but......

First: NO TRAVEL UNLESS NECCESARY. That is not necessary. If they are both positive they shouldn't be leaving the house anyway apart from Medical reasons.

Second: Grealish is banned from driving so if he went over there, someone else probably took him. Is he part of the first team bubble?

Third: The Captain, for the third time this Pandemic, could bring bad press as he doesn't seem to want to follow the rules. The second one obviously wasn't potentially a breach of rules in practice, but travelling 150 miles out of a tier 3 into a tier 2 for a meal still looked bad and needed Smith to remind Grealish again of his responsibilities. But this one, outside the house when they should be self isolating is as bad as his first so why isn't he listening?

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #19767 on: January 14, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
Oh dont react to this bullshit 3rd hand gossip story with no substance whatsoever. FfS

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #19768 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:40 AM »
Exactly, you can never trust a posh bird :-)

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #19769 on: January 14, 2021, 11:48:01 AM »
Just moved in does not necessarily mean in the last day or 2.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal