collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

Recent Topics

Matt Targett - signed by JD
[Today at 03:15:32 AM]

Jack Grealish - for life? by JD
[Today at 02:53:37 AM]

Guess The Goal R32: VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 6th March! 🥅 by JD
[Today at 02:48:51 AM]

Guess The Goal R31; Sheffield U v ASTON VILLA, Wednesday 3rd March!🥅 by JD
[Today at 02:41:58 AM]

Other clubs' managers by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:48:49 AM]

Other Games - 2020/21 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:04:57 AM]

The International Cricket Thread by Rory
[Today at 12:44:54 AM]

Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED by olaftab
[March 04, 2021, 11:44:48 PM]

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1344 | Comments: 17

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 471 | Comments: 2

There’s certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 874 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1387 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 496 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1763579 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #19110 on: November 26, 2020, 07:02:36 AM »
Only Jack can score a goal like Diego.

Alan Hutton says hello. Two years ago today as well.

It was a lovely moment for Al, but the Blosers let him run practically in a straight line.

Come on Eamonn. What about that Herculean effort from Craig Gardner? TSC had to be made of steel to survive that effort to stop him!

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #19111 on: November 26, 2020, 08:05:44 AM »
Because the BBC is dumbing down at warp speed.  Have a look at some of the "news" coverage. "Who is Donald Trump?"  "Why is it cold in winter?"  "Why does Big Ben have a boy's name?"  We are becoming an Idiocracy.

And the “news” is padded out with pointless vox-pops. Who chooses the three examples taken from the passers-by? Why were they chosen? Was it their tele-visual acceptability? Was it to supply a racial mix? I want to know, otherwise I turn over to something else.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19112 on: November 26, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
The simple answer is that with the advent of 24 hour TV news channels, they have to find some content.
The fact that the content is usually banal, pointless, bollocks is neither here nor there.
It’s content, and there is alway some schmuck to lap it up.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #19113 on: November 26, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
I was amazed to see the news about Jack was an item on BBC midday national news. Why on earth?

Whilst I agree a some with Brian, it is also because he is suddenly the golden boy of England. I expect Beckham's court cases when Mr LooseHole used to get him off probably was also in the news in his heyday.

It’s because Jack is a genius and all geniuses are flawed. That’s what Maradonna’s former agent said anyway. It’s then up to the media to find those “flaws” no matter how trivial they are. I’m surprised they don’t report when Jack fails to put his bins out.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #19114 on: November 26, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »

I was showing my villa mad 10 year old son, clips of Maradona yesterday, telling him IMO the greatest player ever, I showed him the second goal against England in the 86 World Cup, he looked at me in all seriousness and said ‘Alan Huttons goal against blues was better’ 😂

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #19115 on: November 26, 2020, 10:30:25 AM »

I was showing my villa mad 10 year old son, clips of Maradona yesterday, telling him IMO the greatest player ever, I showed him the second goal against England in the 86 World Cup, he looked at me in all seriousness and said ‘Alan Huttons goal against blues was better’ 😂

fair enough, shot you down

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #19116 on: November 26, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »
I was amazed to see the news about Jack was an item on BBC midday national news. Why on earth?

Whilst I agree a some with Brian, it is also because he is suddenly the golden boy of England. I expect Beckham's court cases when Mr LooseHole used to get him off probably was also in the news in his heyday.

It’s because Jack is a genius and all geniuses are flawed. That’s what Maradonna’s former agent said anyway. It’s then up to the media to find those “flaws” no matter how trivial they are. I’m surprised they don’t report when Jack fails to put his bins out.
TBH, I wouldn't classify crashing into several parked cars where a witness stated in a legal document that they smelt alcohol whilst in the middle of a lockdown, or travelling at 20-30mph over the speed limit and tailgating other cars as trivial "flaws". He is just lucky he hasn't joined Tony Adams. or even worse Luke McCormack or Lee Hughes in that pantheon.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #19117 on: November 26, 2020, 12:04:03 PM »

I'm not.

Offline algy

« Reply #19118 on: November 26, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »

TBH, I wouldn't classify crashing into several parked cars where a witness stated in a legal document that they smelt alcohol whilst in the middle of a lockdown, or travelling at 20-30mph over the speed limit and tailgating other cars as trivial "flaws". He is just lucky he hasn't joined Tony Adams. or even worse Luke McCormack or Lee Hughes in that pantheon.
I wouldn't want to crucify Jack about it, but his behaviour over the past few months has left a lot to be desired.  The March incident was idiotic, particularly if he'd been drinking ... but it's committing a second driving offence almost within 6 months of that, knowing what happened the first time.  What on earth was he thinking?

Someone needs to have a word with him to just tone that side of things down a bit.  He's an absolutely fantastic player, and regardless of his recent behaviour is still an absolute credit to himself, his family, and the club.  I love him to bits.  But blimey ...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #19119 on: November 26, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »

Did he get done for drink driving then?  No he didn't.  He might have had a drink but not over the limit, he might have had no alcohol at all we don't know because some witness says he could smell alcohol on him means nothing if it hasn't been proved. 

Offline exigo

« Reply #19120 on: November 26, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »

It was a lovely moment for Al, but the Blosers let him run practically in a straight line. Jack would turn and feint more. Closest he's come maybe the one at Rotherham. The one-two a genius twist on the solo effort.

Funnily enough, for all I think Maradona's goal against England was brilliant, the defending was shocking. The half-arsed tackling; the pull back just outside the box that was missed; the number two not sliding in to block the shot going in.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #19121 on: November 26, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »

Did he get done for drink driving then?  No he didn't.  He might have had a drink but not over the limit, he might have had no alcohol at all we don't know because some witness says he could smell alcohol on him means nothing if it hasn't been proved.

I love Jack as a player, I love that he is ours and so good. But does that mean even we can't criticise stupid stuff he does? I'm sure you are right and he was out all-night on a Saturday and only had tea and biscuits.

Within 24 hours of posting a video urging fans to stay at home he is out partying with mates. (And I appreciate his apology and efforts to make up for it afterwards.) He was certainly in no state to drive based on the evidence of his driving there (which I assume you accept at least), and whether through drink, drugs or tiredness we will not know as he at least had some wherewithal to not be anywhere near the Police for 24 hours. Hopefully any driving ban will knock some sense into him before he becomes or causes a statistic on the roads.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #19122 on: November 26, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
Peter Redid chasing him, looking like he’d been on a bender the night before was classic

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #19123 on: November 26, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
Peter Redid chasing him, looking like he’d been on a bender the night before was classic
I've always thought this. Reid looked like grandad trying to keep up with the kids in the park. An amazing goal but the defending was a collective shambles. They seemed mesmerized by him.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #19124 on: November 27, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »

Drank tea all night but a beer with his cornflakes that morning....likely story alright

Nothing proven bar that he has demonstrated examples of being a menace behind the wheel.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal