collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
Today at 01:48:42 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 317 | Comments: 7

Every Crystal Palace fan there...
September 26, 2020, 01:15:18 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1071 | Comments: 24

[url=https://ibb.co/VpNq...
September 23, 2020, 08:37:01 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 319 | Comments: 1

Players in England first offic...
September 20, 2020, 01:40:06 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 704 | Comments: 5

The commentators in the nation...
September 19, 2020, 06:29:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 663 | Comments: 4

The big news since last season...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life  (Read 1502564 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Jack Grealish - for life
« Reply #17625 on: September 16, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »
And the benefit of putting a release clause fee on him (no matter how big)? Rob Dorsett from Sky Sports made it sound as if it was the club who wanted that in rather than Jack. It does protect us financially in one sense but also leaves us vulnerable if he continues to improve and another club decide to buy him whatever it takes. Why leave that risk open?

It really depends on what it is, a release clause of 120m, for example, is fine. There's only a handful of clubs who could even consider paying that and if he's at the level where they're interested then he's going regardless. The clause serves as very clear price tag for everyone in those circumstances.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #17626 on: September 16, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »
He didn't want to go at all. Absolutely not. He might have gone if someone had offered silly money and if we weren't planning on doing big things. But he didn't want to go anywhere else.

Given that he's ambitious and wants to play at the top, I'm reassured by what the Owners, CEO and coach must have said.

Online ursineultra

« Reply #17627 on: September 16, 2020, 10:42:54 AM »
Mostly lurk here but feel compelled to post for the first time in eons- with Grealish signing the new deal and now Martinez - a genuinely good player from a big club - I feel actually positive about the direction we're heading for the first time since...since...a long time. I guess since the first few years of MON and Lerner.

I had kind of forgotten what looking forward to the league starting felt like  :)

Online ChicagoLion

« Reply #17628 on: September 16, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »
Some great amateur psychology going on. Based on absolutely fuckall.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #17629 on: September 16, 2020, 11:02:45 AM »
I wonder if release clauses for key plays exclude January windows or within a couple of weeks before the season starts

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #17630 on: September 16, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »
If Jack wanted to go, he would have made it clear to the Club and his agent and would be gone.  As for release clauses, Sky and Rob Dorsett know bugger all.  In January Dorsett stated Jack had no release clause, yesterday he contradicted himself and said Jack's release clause has now been increased.   It's hugely disrespectful towards Villa, of course, but that doesn't matter as it will keep the "Jack Grealish next club" market on Skybet bubbling away, fleecing idiots.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 18.04.2021
« Reply #17631 on: September 16, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »
The fact that he didn't know where he was going to be playing until a few days ago was a little disheartening to hear. Delighted that he's turned down the chance to move on obviously but no, the speculation won't end.

Felt the same, a bit of a bizarre interview in truth. 50/50 on staying until today apparently or words to that effect. Did he really need to say that? Few minutes later Smith said the club never received an official bid for him. United seemed a bit keener on Sancho I think might be the truth in it.

If he keeps delivering on the pitch then it doesn't matter.

I also felt a bit hmph at the 50-50, and it could be read as there was no offer as Im staying.  If as has been suggested we were only ever going to accept a crazy high bid no one was likely to meet (and perhaps made that known), then perhaps the timing of the call was very precise -after wed signed a couple of significant upgrades (inc the guarantee of Martinez). Words are cheap but actions speak louder etc.

Offline danno

« Reply #17632 on: September 16, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »
No idea, but perhaps we agreed to let him go if an offer came in. No offers came in so "hey mate want a pay rise?".

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #17633 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »
No idea, but perhaps we agreed to let him go if an offer came in. No offers came in so "hey mate want a pay rise?".

Nope.

Offline danno

« Reply #17634 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »

Nope.

Good.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #17635 on: September 16, 2020, 11:36:09 AM »
He didn't want to go at all. Absolutely not. He might have gone if someone had offered silly money and if we weren't planning on doing big things. But he didn't want to go anywhere else.

Given that he's ambitious and wants to play at the top, I'm reassured by what the Owners, CEO and coach must have said.

That's my take on it too.  Sure, he is ambitious and want's to be competing for honours we think.  Maybe his ambitions are geared around helping his club to the top.  He's seen that the club is ambitious by giving him a minimum of 32 and a half million over the next 5 years.  I say minimum on the basis that we will want to extend his contract every year or every other year if he keeps performing as he does.  He loves the club and wants it to succeed and he wants to be part of that.  If it was all about the money and medals he'd have gone ages ago. 

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #17636 on: September 16, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
People are stating "I think he wanted to go" Really? Have they got some inside information? Because I've not heard anything of the sort. He said he wasn't sure if he would still be here but that's just obvious. It all depended on the owners. Would they accept a massive offer for him or build a team around him? Thankfully the latter has come to pass and I think he never wanted to leave. I think he's over the moon to be staying and looking forward to playing his part in the resurgence of his beloved football club.

I put I think he wanted to go because its exactly that, its what I think, otherwise I would have put I know he wanted to go.
Bit of a wild supposition don't you think? It also implies he's had to "settle" for us because no one else wanted him. That's exactly the position my nose nephew's have taken and I've been telling them bollocks for two days.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #17637 on: September 16, 2020, 11:40:36 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextAVFC_

I love some of these.  But theres fifa one with Jack and Dean in that made me laugh.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #17638 on: September 16, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »
Agbonlahor said on talksporty "Jack Grealish reminds me of Andrs Iniesta in his prime.
 Ive seen nothing like him, its just the natural talent hes got.

Gabby Agbonlahor says Jack Grealish is the best player he has ever played alongside!

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17639 on: September 16, 2020, 02:41:12 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextAVFC_

I love some of these.  But theres fifa one with Jack and Dean in that made me laugh.

Love Gabby's reply to Jamie O'Hara (who for some reason has a lot of opinions that, presumably, people are supposed to give a shit about)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal