collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by KevinGage
[Today at 05:31:43 AM]

Reserves and Academy 2020-21 by eamonn
[Today at 01:27:14 AM]

Ross Barkley - signed by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:59:17 AM]

Photo ID now required to purchase tickets by purpletrousers
[Today at 12:19:20 AM]

VAR by The Edge
[November 23, 2020, 11:40:31 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Brazilian Villain
[November 23, 2020, 11:37:13 PM]

Favourite villa song / chant by Percy McCarthy
[November 23, 2020, 11:35:49 PM]

Other clubs' managers by dcdavecollett
[November 23, 2020, 11:34:29 PM]

November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 180 | Comments: 1

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 417 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 388 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1140 | Comments: 8

This weekend sees the thirtiet...
October 28, 2020, 02:06:34 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1015 | Comments: 8

[url=https://ibb.c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1602072 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 24.01.2021
Re: Jack Grealish - for life
« Reply #17595 on: September 15, 2020, 07:05:30 PM »
Brilliant news. Now lets build a team around him worthy of Aston Villa.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #17596 on: September 15, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »
Been at work all day and jumped in the van at 4 for the drive home, Radio 2 sports news was starting and the first name mentioned was Jack, nearly shit myself!!! Wasn't expecting that!! I almost shed a tear.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #17597 on: September 15, 2020, 07:12:28 PM »
The Villa Twitter account has got involved with some good quality shithousing. Video of his goal against Yantied with, plenty more of this to come. Trololol.

I'm not on twitter myself but this did make me chuckle:

Grealish signs a new 5 year contract
Bertrand close to signing
Martinez close to signing
Rashica allegedly in talks
Villa Twitter buzzing and optimistic

FT: Burton Albion 1-0 Aston Villa

that’s exactly what my daughter said to me

I said I’ve had a good day workwise tying up some deals
bought a classic MGB
Martinez and others looking good
and Jack had signed a long term deal

Daughter- you know what this means Burton will embarrass us later on

I am sleep deprived been working since 02:30 this morning and lost track of time and events. I actually had to check that wasn't the actual result. As yet

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #17598 on: September 15, 2020, 10:36:39 PM »
An absolute creature just been on talksport poorly pretending to be a villa fan - Cundy called him out straight away with his bumbling bitterness, I thought he was drunk but he just typified a mumbling nose.

They are having a meltdown at him staying.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #17599 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:05 PM »
Brilliant news. Now lets build a team around him worthy of Aston Villa.

Too right, let the good times roll.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #17600 on: September 15, 2020, 10:52:57 PM »
I'm amazed that in this day and age, were  contract discussion can go on for months and months, that the first the first Jack heard about it was Saturday and then its all signed 2 and a half days later.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17601 on: September 15, 2020, 10:57:21 PM »
If Jack wasn't sure he was staying but there wasn't a bid for him, I wonder was his agent trying to drum-up business. You'd think his commission from Gareth Bale's moves would keep Jonathan Barnett in clover for life.

I love how natural and honest Jack is in interviews but its a bit unsettling that for 6 weeks he was thinking of moving and the club hadn't sold him their vision yet to try and keep and keep him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17602 on: September 15, 2020, 11:02:29 PM »
If Jack wasn't sure he was staying but there wasn't a bid for him, I wonder was his agent trying to drum-up business. You'd think his commission from Gareth Bale's moves would keep Jonathan Barnett in clover for life.

I love how natural and honest Jack is in interviews but its a bit unsettling that for 6 weeks he was thinking of moving and the club hadn't sold him their vision yet to try and keep and keep him.

Why?  I suspect the agreement at the end of the season was something like "let us show you what our plans are and if you not happy by the start of the season we'll talk again". That makes Saturday the deadline for the talks with the signings we've made and the 3-4 still being finalised he thinks there's enough for us to take a few steps forward. That seems pretty obvious to me.

Offline Arsey

« Reply #17603 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:58 PM »
Thought given the fact talkshite have been trying to sell grealish to Man Utd for a year, that I’d dirty myself and listen for a bit today, to see if they would eat humble pie. Unsurprisingly not a bit, headlines include ‘grealish given up on playing for a big club’ and an surprising decision by grealish’, they really just can’t get their head around it.
Durham is such a twat but it’s almost addictive listening, with their bemusement.

Jim White was particularly crestfallen when he broke the news at lunchtime

Am only surprised Jim hadn't just got off the phone to him, the smarmy name dropping ***t.

In fairness to Jim he’s normally very complimentary towards Villa.

He is a bit of a dick though, agreed.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17604 on: September 15, 2020, 11:27:59 PM »
I'm amazed that in this day and age, were  contract discussion can go on for months and months, that the first the first Jack heard about it was Saturday and then its all signed 2 and a half days later.

Well, he said he talked to the owner (I assume he meant Edens) on Saturday about their ambitions for the season and that he liked what he heard. And then said that they only started talking about a contract within the last 24 hours which was agreed in quick time.

He looked really excited but I guess, signing a deal (allegedly worth £125k/week) for your boyhood club would get anyone excited.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #17605 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36:53 PM »
Well, he said he talked to the owner (I assume he meant Edens) on Saturday about their ambitions for the season and that he liked what he heard. And then said that they only started talking about a contract within the last 24 hours which was agreed in quick time.

According to the Telegraph article he spoke to Sawiris on Sat.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17606 on: September 15, 2020, 11:38:32 PM »

In the interview, Jack just said 'the owner' even though there's 2 owners so it wasn't clear. I assumed it would be Edens but that's interesting if it was Sawiris.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #17607 on: September 15, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »

In the interview, Jack just said 'the owner' even though there's 2 owners so it wasn't clear. I assumed it would be Edens but that's interesting if it was Sawiris.

I thought it was interesting too.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #17608 on: September 15, 2020, 11:45:22 PM »
class in his own tonight.
Thought he may get some rough treatment but was nothing to untoward.
Absolutely class how he took his goal and want more goals and assist this season

The way he made that chance for Watkins where he just mesmerised the defender and dragged ball last along by line and put on the table for Watkins was pure class.

Sometimes he could have moved ball a bit quicker and released to player but that's something he do in time in working with the team.

Was easy for him out there and roll on next week !

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17609 on: September 16, 2020, 12:22:59 AM »

Why?  I suspect the agreement at the end of the season was something like "let us show you what our plans are and if you not happy by the start of the season we'll talk again". That makes Saturday the deadline for the talks with the signings we've made and the 3-4 still being finalised he thinks there's enough for us to take a few steps forward. That seems pretty obvious to me.

Just comes across as if the owners/manager crossed their fingers since the West Ham game hoping a big bid didn't come in when they could have offered him a pay rise as soon as the season had finished. No guarantee he would have signed of course and maybe it's Jack's easy-going manner in interviews but the weekend talks/signing sounded quite abrupt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal