collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1385916 times)

Offline sickbeggar

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #15165 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:34 PM »
yep. sadly in the top flight at least, Grealish wouldn't make the top 10 in influential Villa players in my 50 years on this earth. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't make the top20 either

Offline olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2021
« Reply #15166 on: July 09, 2020, 11:28:22 PM »
Quite frankly he can go, and I hope we give a decent new manager the funds to reinvest the money sensibly.  If he can't dig in in a situation like we're in now, then he's not the player or man we thought he was.  He's been absolute shit since the restart, and looks like he couldn't give a stuff.  He gets given a lot of leeway from us supporters, but the lockdown nonsense shows that in reality he's just thick as pigshit.
Canít disagree with that.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #15167 on: July 09, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »
Stunk the place out since the restart. Head turned just like a few others

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15168 on: July 09, 2020, 11:32:41 PM »
Quite frankly he can go, and I hope we give a decent new manager the funds to reinvest the money sensibly.  If he can't dig in in a situation like we're in now, then he's not the player or man we thought he was.  He's been absolute shit since the restart, and looks like he couldn't give a stuff.  He gets given a lot of leeway from us supporters, but the lockdown nonsense shows that in reality he's just thick as pigshit.
Canít disagree with that.

Absolutely agree.

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #15169 on: July 09, 2020, 11:32:48 PM »
Him and Smith might be Villa fans and all that but they can fuck off after this inept run and good riddance to them both. Promotion counts for nothing when weíre right back where we were.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #15170 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »
Has never really impressed in the 'number 10' role, as he just doesn't seem to have the knack of getting into the right positions.  Has played his best football this season on the left with Targett giving him an option outside.

Online Villan82

« Reply #15171 on: July 09, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »
Billy Big Bollocks. Anonymous when needed. Starred in the Championship and, by the looks of it, will have a second relegation on his CV.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #15172 on: July 09, 2020, 11:54:48 PM »
This is were we miss Targett, linked up very well with Jack. Taylor offers nothing.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #15173 on: July 09, 2020, 11:56:23 PM »
We've just played the form team in the league. They've got a player in Pogba who cost more than most of our starting 11 put together.

And you're all doing the usual strike out at everyone routine. Grealish is our best player but he can't do it on his own.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #15174 on: July 09, 2020, 11:57:54 PM »
He's been shit since football returned, there's no point pretending otherwise.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #15175 on: July 10, 2020, 12:05:23 AM »
Him leaving will allow us to stop being a one man team.  Hopefully, they spend the money on a couple of midfield ball winners. He's a brilliant player who I think has lost faith in Smith and the players around him.  I don't blame him for the shit we find ourselves in but would like him to be more demanding of the players around him, particularly as captain.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #15176 on: July 10, 2020, 01:58:27 AM »
Doesn't help that he's surrounded by sub standard players (Luiz apart) who dont seem to want to take on any of the responsibility. He looks completely hacked off with it all now.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 31.12.2020
« Reply #15177 on: July 10, 2020, 02:05:38 AM »
For the long term it will be a bigger blow to lose Louiz than Grealish.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #15178 on: July 10, 2020, 08:16:27 AM »

Hate to say it but agree also. Iíve loved this kid over the last couple of years, far more than any middle aged man should love a footballer! Heís also been a first proper Footballing hero to my kids. But he has been dreadful since the cup final and this has continued since the re-start. Heís allowed to lose form, but yesterday and quite a few other games recently Iíve seen a player not chasing back, demanding the ball in all sorts of areas of the pitch but then not taking responsibility when it matters e.g. the last minute free kick against Chelsea that he allowed trezequet to take. Itís the worst elements of kids football. We can blame all the other players and manager for being too shit for him and whilst there is obviously a lot of dross there, I just donít buy this, he along with Mings and McGinn should be showing leadership. The difference last season apart from a lower quality league, is that he had old heads around him like whealan, Jedinak and hutton, who would of bollocked him out for his sub standard petulant displays.
Itís a shame to me this kid who could of left a bit of a legend, will be leaving like this. Fuck knows where heís going as on the form and attitude of pre and post lockdown Iím not sure whoíd want him
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:18:15 AM by RamboandBruno »

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #15179 on: July 10, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »
Heíll be at either Everton, Spurs or Newcastle within 2 years. I was certain that he would go to united first but now I am not so sure and wouldnít rule out him going to one of those three clubs directly. Itís a lesson to not just him but all these ďpromising playersĒ that in order to help themselves they need to do it for the club that pays their wages in the present.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal