collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Posts

Re: North Stand Demolition by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 04:01:29 PM]

Re: Jack Grealish by WassallVillain
[Today at 03:59:35 PM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Richard E
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Richard E
[Today at 03:56:06 PM]

Re: Craig Shakespeare- New Coach by usav
[Today at 03:48:17 PM]

Re: Season Tkt Refunds by Dave P
[Today at 03:47:41 PM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Bren'd
[Today at 03:41:20 PM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Stu
[Today at 03:39:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1402286 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #15150 on: July 07, 2020, 07:36:28 PM »
He will be superb for Liverpool, Man City or Man United, sadly.

Disagree. He will struggle to get into their sides and if and when he does, it will be sporadic. Football is more than just what you do with the ball - what you do off the ball is just as important and for me, he lacks a lot in the latter.

But will wish him well - he deserves the chance to go and try to make it big. He has given everything to the club and no one can begrudge him his move given the certainty of our relegation.

Youíre missing the fact that heís excelled in his career in spite of being subject to Villa ďcoachingĒ. If and when he moves heĒll probably actually receive some proper coaching and then kick on.

Online mr underhill

« Reply #15151 on: July 07, 2020, 08:18:20 PM »
He probably wishes the season had ended early - he certainly plays like he does.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #15152 on: July 07, 2020, 08:18:40 PM »
I wonder if weíll see less from Jack, Tyrone etc as they realise the fat lady is singing and they wonít want to get injured before they move in a few weeks time.

Offline kippaxvilla2

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15154 on: July 07, 2020, 09:21:46 PM »
They're taking the piss, Jonathan!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM

Offline TonyD

« Reply #15157 on: July 07, 2020, 10:58:40 PM »
I often see our players not see the pass or are too late and it gets intercepted, I donít see that with Jack.
How many times do you think if only he had if passed to? Rarely.
If there was someone to pass too he would, the problem is there isnít.
A twat like Sourness says something and all of a sudden itís fact, bollox.

It's absolute bollocks.  Jack really isn't helped by the fact that we have the worst front three in The Premier League.  No pace, no movement off the ball, no real desire to get into dangerous areas.  And yet he's still 2nd for the number of chances created.
Yep.  He has also had to endure over the last 5 years working with mostly diabolical managers/coaches and had a couple of long term injuries.   Had he spent the last 5 years in a progressive side with decent mentoring and coaching - he would probably be one of the most admired and famous player on the planet now. 

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #15158 on: July 08, 2020, 01:08:22 AM »

Disagree. He will struggle to get into their sides and if and when he does, it will be sporadic. Football is more than just what you do with the ball - what you do off the ball is just as important and for me, he lacks a lot in the latter.

But will wish him well - he deserves the chance to go and try to make it big. He has given everything to the club and no one can begrudge him his move given the certainty of our relegation.

These arguments always seem to be made when we lose a star player. We build them up and then when we suddenly realise they're leaving make out they're about the level of a Tonev.

Pretty sure arguments were made about Young, Barry and Milner all struggling to get games at the clubs they left us.5 years and 4 managers later and they were all still there and regulars. Downing was the only one who flopped but he never had the mentality of the first three.

Even Delph played reasonanly regularly one season under Guardiola albeit at left back but sometimes to get a regular game you have to play out of position as Milner has done at Man. City and Liverpool.

Jack is technically superb so he will be fine at the top level I suspect. He will though have to learn how to fit more into team structure as it won't be all about him getting the ball at every opportunity like it is for us. I think he'll be up to it.

Annoying he will never have won an England cap playing for us though. Think we lost the lead as club who's provided most players to national team a few years back so that would've been another to put on the honours board in the Trinity.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #15159 on: July 09, 2020, 10:14:04 PM »
The big worry after that performance is ManU will put out.  Overrated.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:16:16 PM by sickbeggar »

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #15160 on: July 09, 2020, 11:10:40 PM »
Really disappointed in him since lockdown. He hasnít had a decent game, hasnít looked like a captain. Had a chance to go and stick it up Souness and other critics tonight but did nothing.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #15161 on: July 09, 2020, 11:13:18 PM »

These arguments always seem to be made when we lose a star player. We build them up and then when we suddenly realise they're leaving make out they're about the level of a Tonev.

Pretty sure arguments were made about Young, Barry and Milner all struggling to get games at the clubs they left us.5 years and 4 managers later and they were all still there and regulars. Downing was the only one who flopped but he never had the mentality of the first three.

Even Delph played reasonanly regularly one season under Guardiola albeit at left back but sometimes to get a regular game you have to play out of position as Milner has done at Man. City and Liverpool.

Jack is technically superb so he will be fine at the top level I suspect. He will though have to learn how to fit more into team structure as it won't be all about him getting the ball at every opportunity like it is for us. I think he'll be up to it.

Annoying he will never have won an England cap playing for us though. Think we lost the lead as club who's provided most players to national team a few years back so that would've been another to put on the honours board in the Trinity.

Young, Milner and particularly Barry were far better players who were proven at PL level. JG has a long way to go to match them

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #15162 on: July 09, 2020, 11:16:48 PM »
Quite frankly he can go, and I hope we give a decent new manager the funds to reinvest the money sensibly.  If he can't dig in in a situation like we're in now, then he's not the player or man we thought he was.  He's been absolute shit since the restart, and looks like he couldn't give a stuff.  He gets given a lot of leeway from us supporters, but the lockdown nonsense shows that in reality he's just thick as pigshit.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #15163 on: July 09, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »

Young, Milner and particularly Barry were far better players who were proven at PL level. JG has a long way to go to match them

Yep, I'd swap him for any of them tomorrow.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #15164 on: July 09, 2020, 11:23:33 PM »

Yep, I'd swap him for any of them tomorrow.
Happier times. God, we can only dream of a Young, Milner or Barry in there right now.... or a Southgate, Bosnich or Yorke!  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal