collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1391552 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #15060 on: July 04, 2020, 09:12:34 PM »
I said at the start of the season that Jack was not the player that a lot of people on here thought he was and he isn’t.

Superb player on his day but nowhere near consistent enough for me.

He may go onto fulfil his potential at Man U or wherever but I doubt it.

Spot on
He won't have any consistency to be a major force but will have undoubted spells of brilliance.

He's Jack and some of his cronies will be checking this thread  out so he'll be getting the message.
And he can go perform up anfield as he's due a performance!
though is he actually bothering with  tomorrow match? People saying he's not playing
Undoubtedly Villa best current player by a distance and a class footballer 

“People saying he’s not playing”. Sorry, which people?

I asked earlier when someone said they’d heard he was only 50/50 for tomorrow, who they’d heard it from. Not been answered yet.

Let’s hope he is playing eh??

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #15061 on: July 04, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
Jack only 50/50 for tomorrow?  That will start a conspiracy theory.  Deal with Man United already done?  And now Jack is a bit injured? Who's have thunk it.  I wonder if the injury will last until next Saturday.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:23:43 PM by Newby »

Offline colin69

« Reply #15062 on: July 04, 2020, 09:17:02 PM »
Well he didn’t play last time we played Liverpool and we should have got something from that game. He’s shown nothing since the re-start

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #15063 on: July 04, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
It’s shit to admit but if Jack played at Man City or Man U or Chelsea he’d be so much better than the player he is today. The movement of players in those sides, let alone pace, intelligence, desire cannot be compared to what he has to work with right now. I have no doubt his love for us will not be diminished, but unless we stay up and significantly strengthen, he owes it to himself to be better and maximize the return on his career.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #15064 on: July 04, 2020, 10:30:49 PM »
Agreed. And the efforts he's put in for us, in a very poor side, warrant that move with our blessing (hopefully NOT Man U mind!).

Watched the Chelsea game tonight, and for all the talk of the money they spend, there's a bloody strong supply line of players coming through their youth setup. Would much rather see a Villa team made up of a core of youth players, than the current crop of charlatans we have.   :(

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #15065 on: July 04, 2020, 11:09:38 PM »
Last time he was out for three weeks wasn't he? Season over if that's the case this time.

He's been out of sorts since restart but with his quality I think he's got one match winning performance left in him wearing our shirt.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #15066 on: July 04, 2020, 11:25:59 PM »
Him being out would be a real problem.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #15067 on: July 05, 2020, 09:55:57 AM »
He would start in any premier league team.  Jack / Joe.  Sigh.   

Rubbish.
Currently wouldn't get in Man Utd, Man City , Chelsea or Liverpool starting line up ?
Who is he displacing ?
Pulisic ?
Sterling ?
Rashford ?
Mane ?

You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but it’s be better if you weren’t quite so abrasive.  I think he’s as good as any of the players you’ve listed and when he’s not carrying the team and clubs expectations on his shoulders it will be obvious.  I think clubs have adapted to playing jack as happens with all players at this level.  Clubs know if you stop jack you stop villa. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #15068 on: July 05, 2020, 10:36:54 AM »
I think the one thing he's missing compared to the players Vill I An mentioned is pace.  He's great on the ball, but lacks acceleration.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #15069 on: July 05, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
I think the one thing he's missing compared to the players Vill I An mentioned is pace.  He's great on the ball, but lacks acceleration.

He seems to be quicker with the ball than without it. There was a moment of real quality v Sheff Utd that showed what he can do. Got away from two or three of them in the centre of the park before laying on a brilliant through ball to AEG who almost put Davis in for a tap in. Lacks the searing pace to be a top winger maybe but it's forgotten how well he played for a lot of this season coming off the left.

Grealish is a very average player without the ball, the likes of Klopp wouldn't tolerate that. Other than that I think Jack's biggest flaw is between his ears.

Offline WarszaVillan82

• GM : 22.06.2020
« Reply #15070 on: July 05, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
We'll see how good Jack is after he leaves, as unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll build a team good enough for him to stay. His form has dropped, but people are forgetting just how good he has been for most of this season, carrying a poor team in the Premier League. But there's virtually no player in the world that can be a world beater every week, especially in a team where (since the injury, etc to McGinn) no other attacking player has stepped up. He is world class IMO at being able to hold the ball, carry it and go past players and then move it on. In a passing team with quality players moving around him he could play at the highest level.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #15071 on: July 05, 2020, 10:48:37 AM »
We'll see how good Jack is after he leaves, as unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll build a team good enough for him to stay. His form has dropped, but people are forgetting just how good he has been for most of this season, carrying a poor team in the Premier League. But there's virtually no player in the world that can be a world beater every week, especially in a team where (since the injury, etc to McGinn) no other attacking player has stepped up. He is world class IMO at being able to hold the ball, carry it and go past players and then move it on. In a passing team with quality players moving around him he could play at the highest level.

Agreed.  There's no other player in our side even close to his level, and our attackers are both dismal, so there's not even an outlet for his excellent passing.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #15072 on: July 05, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »
Him being out would be a real problem.

He’s fine

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #15073 on: July 05, 2020, 11:20:22 AM »

Agreed.  There's no other player in our side even close to his level, and our attackers are both dismal, so there's not even an outlet for his excellent passing.

Reminds me of the game at Southampton, the woman behind spent the whole game slating him.

In the end, I cracked and just turned round and said “Yes, good idea. Let’s drop him and see how this lot get on without him”.

That game was the first sign for me that he was struggling with everything that was going on.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #15074 on: July 05, 2020, 02:53:39 PM »

Reminds me of the game at Southampton, the woman behind spent the whole game slating him.

In the end, I cracked and just turned round and said “Yes, good idea. Let’s drop him and see how this lot get on without him”.

That game was the first sign for me that he was struggling with everything that was going on.
I think it was Hourihane who didn’t place the simple pass to Jack to score and you saw him contort with sheer frustration, that was one of the worst Villa performances I have ever seen and I have seen a few.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal