collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1391532 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #14985 on: July 03, 2020, 09:47:31 AM »
I'd be disappointed if he went to Man United. Oh well, they forever come and go.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #14986 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »
Hes grown completely frustrated how his team mates are a million miles from his level. Seen some comments on it was summers recruitment where we lost him and i have to agree.
Going down will make it an easier exit for him than just leaving to another Prem team while we are in the same league
I agree to a point too.  However I hope he doesn't believe the last bit and this may explain his poor form!!

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #14987 on: July 03, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »
Don't think Man U will be a good fit for him.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #14988 on: July 03, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »
Looks like we'll be relegated and lose Jack.  What a fucking kick in the nuts from the heady heights of spending £120m in the summer and starting the season full of hope.

Football is a bastard.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
« Reply #14989 on: July 03, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »
Looks like we'll be relegated and lose Jack.  What a fucking kick in the nuts from the heady heights of spending £120m in the summer and starting the season full of hope.

Football is a bastard.

It's not football itself that's the bastard Chris it's the never ending cycle of the higher management of Aston Villa under whatever ownership; to continuously fail to heed previous mistakes and continue to get things wrong.  It's the hope that kills you.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #14990 on: July 03, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
Ah well, good luck to him. Bad luck to them.

Every team loses their best players at some point, we'll just have to invest wisely, not desperately. The powers that be will be more than aware and hopefully planning accordingly.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #14991 on: July 03, 2020, 02:10:05 PM »
don't bank on it - the last 12 months have been a clusterfuck

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14992 on: July 03, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »
I keep thinking it's inevitable that we'll go down and then when I see the table, I keep being reminded that Watford are just one point above us and Bournemouth are awful too.

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #14993 on: July 03, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »
what is meant by a 'done deal'

if it is truly a done deal then negotiations have already taken place price and wages have been agreed and its just a matter of seeing the season out to put pen to paper on it

in which case the money we receive has already been agreed, which will no doubt be 80+ mill especially if it was agreed some time ago as speculated on here
if they (Man Utd) come back to renegotiate i think they will get the same response as Spurs did from our owners last year,
and that would also mean its not a 'done deal'

if its an agreement of interest in that Grealish wants to go to Utd and we are willing to sell at the end of the season then again its not a 'done deal'

i'm not saying i don't believe its already sorted (i actually don't know what to believe)
 but if it is then we will be getting top money from Utd as our owners would never have sold him on the cheap before we knew what division we were in and when his stock value was high if it was before lockdown

also there would be no point any other club (Man City) showing interest if it was a 'done deal'

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:57:38 PM by john e »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14994 on: July 03, 2020, 03:01:43 PM »
The thought of any of our key players focusing on getting away more than keeping us up is pretty depressing. Especially when they seemingly have a close bond with the club (Grealish, Mings to a lesser degree but still comes across as a respectful and intelligent bloke).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14995 on: July 03, 2020, 03:03:19 PM »

if it is truly a done deal then negotiations have already taken place price and wages have been agreed and its just a matter of seeing the season out to put pen to paper on it

in which case the money we receive has already been agreed, which will no doubt be 80+ mill especially if it was agreed some time ago as speculated on here
if they (Man Utd) come back to renegotiate i think they will get the same response as Spurs did from our owners last year,

if its an agreement of interest in that Grealish wants to go to Utd and we are willing to sell at the end of the season then again its not a 'done deal'

i'm not saying i don't believe its already sorted (i actually don't know what to believe)
 but if it is then we will be getting top money from Utd as our owners would never have sold him on the cheap before we knew what division we were in and when his stock value was high if it was before lockdown

also there would be no point any other club (Man City) showing interest if it was a 'done deal'

'Done deal' usually means "is never going to happen."

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #14996 on: July 03, 2020, 03:04:08 PM »

yes, well that is what i am hoping for

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #14997 on: July 03, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »
Iím certainly not claiming to be ITK but I do know someone who is a friend of someone very close to Jack (I obviously canít say who). Whilst he understandably hasnít been passed any solid information, based on snippets, comments, nods and winks etc, he is fully expecting Jack to sign for Man Utd this summer. He first mentioned to me last Xmas that contact had been made so this has been building for some time.

Also rumours going around that Jack's Dad was telling people not so long ago that everything was agreed.

I do wonder if Man. City might come in last might though now they've got 50m + for Sane.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #14998 on: July 03, 2020, 03:28:04 PM »

And also worth considering the source. Tim Sherwood is the smartest, most connected, erudite man in football. Said nobody ever.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #14999 on: July 03, 2020, 03:32:37 PM »
I think Man Utd need him more than Man City do.  We need him more than either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal