collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1303284 times)

Offline Big Ming

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #14280 on: April 01, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »
Claims of baggage is a bit of a row back back on never wanting to see the best player to grace the club in a generation, to wear the shirt again.
Remind me. How much did we end up paying McCormack once he became un-sellable.
In Jack's case also add the missing fee.
Don't really see the problem. Many on here were assuming he'd be off to Manure or somewhere in the close season anyway.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #14281 on: April 01, 2020, 07:17:05 PM »
So he had a bad 18 month spell when he was still a teenager.  Then 3 years of impeccable service, captaining the team and dragging us almost single handedly to promotion, shrugging off weekly verbal and physical abuse including a punch in the face from a fan and you think he's carrying baggage?

Without playing down the fact he's just been a right tit, the suggestion he's some uncontrollable bad lad with baggage is ridiculous.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #14282 on: April 01, 2020, 07:17:38 PM »

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #14283 on: April 01, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14284 on: April 01, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
Considering you never want to see him in a Villa shirt again, it seems you donít need to concern yourself with what other c***s like piers Morgan think.
You have made your mind up.
I'm not surprised this has happened.  He's a man-child and, if he isn't moved on he'll do something to embarrass the club again. I'd cash in before he makes himself unemployable, like McCormack.
I don't care what Morgan thinks and said as much. I just don't like seeing Villa's reputation dragged through the mud.

On balance the club benefits from the 9 goals and 8 assists in 31 games this year a little more than it loses by him going outside when he wasn't supposed to and looking a bit of a tit.
Yep. He's a genius so let's give him a pass.
Just like they did with Gascoigne, who also had a pattern of behaviour that should have rung some alarm bells.
Don't get me wrong. I love watching him when he's on song. It's beautiful. But the baggage.....

No, that's not even remotely the same as what I said. You said he'll just embarrass the club and make himself unemployable, I'm just pointing out that when deciding to give a footballer a new contract how he does on the pitch counts for a lot more than breaking this lockdown. He did something fucking stupid but that's all it was, and it certainly hasn't led to the clubs reputation being dragged through the mud. Stop being so precious about a few blues fans taking the piss and a bunch of bored former players/pundits talking about it because there's literally fuck all else happening that they have the brains to be asked opinions on.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #14285 on: April 01, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »
The baggage? So he's been here since he was a kid, let's see the charge list for all the supposed baggage in over a decade please. This is all over the top bollocks.
April 2015 - Hippy Crack
Nov 2015 - Ratted in Nightclub after heavy Everton defeat.
Sept 2016- Hotel party raided by Police.
March 2020- Coronavirus.

So he has only done one thing wrong, then?

I'm glad you weren't our Chairman when Paul McGrath was playing for us.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #14286 on: April 01, 2020, 07:20:03 PM »
The baggage? So he's been here since he was a kid, let's see the charge list for all the supposed baggage in over a decade please. This is all over the top bollocks.
April 2015 - Hippy Crack
Nov 2015 - Ratted in Nightclub after heavy Everton defeat.
Sept 2016- Hotel party raided by Police.
March 2020- Coronavirus.

Is any of this even that bad in the grand scheme of things?

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #14287 on: April 01, 2020, 07:20:51 PM »
Tenerife?
Forgot that.
I can imagine your delight on being reminded.
Not really.
If we can get £60 to £70M, I would take it.
You don't have to agree. It's just my opinion.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #14288 on: April 01, 2020, 07:23:11 PM »
I sense a pile-on.

Think I'll retire while I still have knee caps.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #14289 on: April 01, 2020, 07:27:10 PM »
You're saying mental things like Jack is another Gascoigne and needs to be drummed out of the club.

This thread has caught a couple of deep cover noses, I reckon. Their hate of Grealish runs deep.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #14290 on: April 01, 2020, 07:33:58 PM »
I sense a pile-on.

Think I'll retire while I still have knee caps.

No need to make a statement.........like that.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #14291 on: April 01, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »
Wherever we start the next season, I will put one question to you.  Would you sooner have Jack Grealish or sixty million quid?   It's a no brainer.  If the virus gets me and I am lying on my death bed with my life flashing before my eyes would I sooner see Jack Grealish make a Sunderland defender fall on his arse without moving a muscle or a big cardboard box full of £50 notes?   I consider myself privileged to have seen him play for Villa.  He can go out and get bladdered seven nights a week and crash into a showroom full of cars for all I care.  He is a football player not a trainee curate for the Church of England.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:38:28 PM by brian green »

Offline PaulTheVillan

• Wake up, it's time to die....
  • GM : Apr, 2014
« Reply #14292 on: April 01, 2020, 07:47:37 PM »
I'm still pissed off with him. People I know are working solid on the front line, fighting this virus. Dealing with people dying. Working ridiculous shifts, to try and save peoples lives.

Grealish puts out a statement telling us all to stay home, then fucks off out to a party because he's bored?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14293 on: April 01, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
Wherever we start the next season, I will put one question to you.  Would you sooner have Jack Grealish or sixty million quid?   It's a no brainer.  If the virus gets me and I am lying on my death bed with my life flashing before my eyes would I sooner see Jack Grealish make a Sunderland defender fall on his arse without moving a muscle or a big cardboard box full of £50 notes?   I consider myself privileged to have seen him play for Villa.  He can go out and get bladdered seven nights a week and crash into a showroom full of cars for all I care.  He is a football player not a trainee curate for the Church of England.
Brian's quite right: we can't replace him for £60M.  He's absolutely crucial to us.  I think he's a stupid prick but I don't have to like him.  I just want him to keep playing brilliantly.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #14294 on: April 01, 2020, 08:04:17 PM »
I think most of us are pissed off with him.  It was daft and whilst the external risk from that one inciident is minimal, it set a really bad example.

BUT, it is nowhere near sell him or strip him of the Captaincy serious (in my opinion).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal