collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1300992 times)

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #13755 on: March 30, 2020, 10:39:53 AM »
You know what..... he's our best player by far and we wouldn't even be back in this league without him, but as captain, he's also our ambassador.

If this story turns out to be true, both Villa AND the law should throw the book at him. We have brave doctors, nurses and other public services out risking their lives for all of us, and all he's being asked to do is sit indoors in front of a telly. It's an insult to every single one of them, and he shouldn't get a free pass just because of his status.

If it means we're fucked, and go down, so be it. I'd rather the club show a bit of class and do the right thing in this situation. Some things are bigger than Jack Grealish and football, and this is one of them.

Hope it's not true, but it's looking increasingly likely that it is. Really thought he'd grown out of this and become the person/player we always hoped he could become. Looks like we were wrong.
He's been a bit of a tit. But do I want my club to chuck a 70m asset and our best player in a generation under a bus?  Nah.

I'm absolutely fuming.  If Man U had signed him, i'd be 99.99% sure that he'd never have considered going to that party.

Man U will have bigger and better parties than Villa. Ross McCormack and a Capaldi who isn't even in the top two most famous Capaldis? Absolutely pathetic.

It's no wonder we will struggle to hold onto him if that's the best we can offer.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #13756 on: March 30, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
Once you are a footballer do you not need anything from the shop anymore?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #13757 on: March 30, 2020, 10:41:50 AM »
You know what..... he's our best player by far and we wouldn't even be back in this league without him, but as captain, he's also our ambassador.

If this story turns out to be true, both Villa AND the law should throw the book at him. We have brave doctors, nurses and other public services out risking their lives for all of us, and all he's being asked to do is sit indoors in front of a telly. It's an insult to every single one of them, and he shouldn't get a free pass just because of his status.

If it means we're fucked, and go down, so be it. I'd rather the club show a bit of class and do the right thing in this situation. Some things are bigger than Jack Grealish and football, and this is one of them.

Hope it's not true, but it's looking increasingly likely that it is. Really thought he'd grown out of this and become the person/player we always hoped he could become. Looks like we were wrong.
He's been a bit of a tit. But do I want my club to chuck a 70m asset and our best player in a generation under a bus?  Nah.

But if we don't, what message does it send out to future prospects? NO player is bigger than the club... If this was a first offence, from an upcoming player, fair enough.... But it's not. It's a repeat offence from our now Captain - A player that WAS on the brink of a potential England call up. A player that 'should' be acting as a role model both for young fans and the rest of our squad, leading by example, especially given the plight of both club and the country in general at this current time.

For someone to do something this stupid, with the world at his feet (literally!), justs sends alarm bells ringing that if this is true, he is damaged goods.

It sends a message that whilst we're not happy with players transgressing and there will be repercussions internally, we will stand by them through thick and thin.

And in terms of damaged goods, you really need to get a sence of perspective.  He's been a superb role model for 3 seasons and has now done something daft in what is essentially a long offseason.  No doubt he'll be punished for it and rightly so, but to write him off when he's such an importand club asset is just silly.

Regrettably, he has us by the short and curlies.

He is our prized asset.  Mere mortals are given slack in instances like this.  It will be the customary 2 weeks wages fine.  I doubt he'll be stripped of the captaincy.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #13758 on: March 30, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »
Out at a party allegedly with a player who messed his career up with drink.That Jack was around someone like that is the major concern ..could be a larger issue then him just going out

Other player his was with is 38 so not like he was with a young set of lads either.

As for his video on Instagram ,came out same time as Sterling did one so I wonder if it was a Nike thing and if so could see his sponsorship with then terminated

Offline frank black

« Reply #13759 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:48 AM »
Out at a party allegedly with a player who messed his career up with drink.That Jack was around someone like that is the major concern ..could be a larger issue then him just going out

Other player his was with is 38 so not like he was with a young set of lads either.

As for his video on Instagram ,came out same time as Sterling did one so I wonder if it was a Nike thing and if so could see his sponsorship with then terminated

If true he will absolutely loose his sponsorship.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13760 on: March 30, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »
he's a fucking idiot, and he deserves all the grief he is going to get.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #13761 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:04 AM »
Once you are a footballer do you not need anything from the shop anymore?

No, they don't sell cop on!

He's an absolute disgrace, should never be allowed to play for England. *should play for Ireland instead* ;)

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #13762 on: March 30, 2020, 11:00:49 AM »
My wife is a nurse, who is already working with possible Covid-19 patients, but because she used to work in intensive care, will probably be re-deployed there soon.

Every day in the news, there is some nurse or doctor ever here in this country who is seriously ill with the disease or died, and I am worrying each day about what could happen to my wife.

I really don't care whether morons who break the new rules get Covid-19, but I care that next, while asymptomatic, these morons will then start passing it onto every other person they come into contact with. Some of these people will die. And some of these people will be in intensive care beds. And if those beds are full, then people will start to die from other causes, such as heart attacks, strokes and car accidents because there are no intensive care beds.

If this is true, then I have gone from feeling sick about Jack going to feeling sick about having to watch him play for Villa again - and really hoping we can sell him, because I don't see how I can ever clap or cheer him again or celebrate one of his goals (although VAR has sort of fixed that last one anyway).

To me, people who break these new rules are murderers - it just takes 2-3 weeks for the bullet to hit the victim.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:02:57 AM by dalians umbrella »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #13763 on: March 30, 2020, 11:03:35 AM »
Id hate to be in front of a jury made up of you lot.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #13764 on: March 30, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »
Can we get back to discussing this when its important in the scheme of things?

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #13765 on: March 30, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
Being out in current situation is complete stupidity ..but is this a one time thing or had it been going on a while .It's a odd set of people for him to be around and might hilight a larger issue.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #13766 on: March 30, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »
Nature abhors a vacuum as a wise man once said, and where that's an information vacuum, it gets filled with gossip, speculation and lies.  Time for the club and Grealish to come out and say what happened.  It's either more innocent than it looks in which case we can forget about it, or he's been a twat, and he needs to make a profuse apology and take a club punishment.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #13767 on: March 30, 2020, 11:08:44 AM »
Id hate to be in front of a jury made up of you lot.

Jury?

He's got the noose already.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #13768 on: March 30, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »
Nature abhors a vacuum as a wise man once said, and where that's an information vacuum, it gets filled with gossip, speculation and lies.  Time for the club and Grealish to come out and say what happened.  It's either more innocent than it looks in which case we can forget about it, or he's been a twat, and he needs to make a profuse apology and take a club punishment.

Precisely this.  It looks bad, so the sooner we see a statement on it (one way, or the other), the better.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #13769 on: March 30, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »

Agreed - It's the silence which is deafening, from both player and club mind.

If true, he needs to accept what's coming to him, then really needs to get a grip of his life. Spending his spare time with Ross soddin McCormack is not going to see him hit the heights we hope he could potentially reach. He needs to give James Milner a call - THAT'S how a player of Jack's ability should be behaving!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal