collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1240327 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #13425 on: February 26, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
I'm not being negative. I'm saying Grealish played poorly and was one of our poorer players. That's not me being negative, it just an assessment of the situation in a game where few things went our way.

Offline KRS

« Reply #13426 on: February 26, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
Iíve said it before but for far too many of our players their first instinct is to look to pass to Jack instead of taking responsibility for creating something themselves or with other players. There is far too much reliance on Jack throughout the team, and itís not exactly rocket science to work out how to stop this Villa team from doing anything other than panic. If other players stepped up then both the team and Jack would become more dangerous in more situations...but as it stands, we pretty much show nothing unless Jack is involved.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 31.12.2020
« Reply #13427 on: February 26, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
I think Grealish appeared to play poorly simply because he was trying to cover for the inadequacies of his team mates. Trying to beat three players on the run is difficult.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #13428 on: February 26, 2020, 12:23:01 PM »
I think whats disgusting about this piece is that they leave it for cup final week. Absolute cretins to try unsettle our preparations for the final

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #13429 on: February 26, 2020, 02:23:18 PM »
I don't think Jack was any worse than anybody else and given that he has to carry the weight of the entire team on his shoulders I think he is doing great. Of course, it would be helpful if his team-mates would bother to exploit the space he creates when he draws two or more defenders to him. When they don't, many times he has no option but to go it alone which occasionally leads to him trying too hard and losing the ball.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13430 on: February 26, 2020, 02:56:23 PM »
I thought he had a decent first half without anything actually coming off, I think he was the only player we had who looked like he might create something. 2nd half he just didn't get into the game but would probably have got the equaliser if Hourihane had moved the ball on to him instead of shooting from 25 yards. That was one of the few times where Grealish was near their box unmarked.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #13431 on: February 26, 2020, 07:54:38 PM »
I think in the first minute ,he broke through on the left but he failed to find a player in the box, which I thought was unlike him.  I just had a feeling he was going to have an off day.

Offline themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #13432 on: February 27, 2020, 08:17:40 AM »
Yeah, I do wonder if for all the detailed analysis of the team performance, itís as simple as Ďif jack plays well we get a result, if he doesnít we donítí.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 28.06.2019
« Reply #13433 on: February 27, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »
Yeah, I do wonder if for all the detailed analysis of the team performance, itís as simple as Ďif jack plays well we get a result, if he doesnít we donítí.

He has the ability to drag us out of a hole, like he did at Brighton for example. But that isn't sustainable. I thought Grealish played quite well in the first half but second half he seemed to switch to a central role and was largely anonymous. With Soton playing a one paced midfielder right back, pre game I thought Jack would easily dominate there so it was disappointing he didn't. He got a bit rattled from the constant fouls and lost concentration.

Tends to happen a bit with the clamour to get him playing centrally. His best performances this season have come drifting in from the left which gets forgotten. The absence of a single decent centre midfielder in our squad obviously is the big problem. Unpopular as it may have been but bringing in someone like Delph in the summer would have benefited Jack even more.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #13434 on: February 27, 2020, 09:47:20 AM »
I've just had a vision of him drifting in from the left and curling a beauty in the top corner on Sunday.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #13435 on: February 27, 2020, 11:01:25 AM »
... His best performances this season have come drifting in from the left which gets forgotten. The absence of a single decent centre midfielder in our squad obviously is the big problem. Unpopular as it may have been but bringing in someone like Delph in the summer would have benefited Jack even more.
Do you think O'Hare is that central midfielder, alongside someone who can provide the physical presence?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:03:39 AM by Mister E »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13436 on: February 27, 2020, 12:25:01 PM »
... His best performances this season have come drifting in from the left which gets forgotten. The absence of a single decent centre midfielder in our squad obviously is the big problem. Unpopular as it may have been but bringing in someone like Delph in the summer would have benefited Jack even more.
Do you think O'Hare is that central midfielder, alongside someone who can provide the physical presence?

I think Ramsey could be. O'Hare is backup to Jack (or potentially a replacement option if Jack leaves).

Offline Randy Gurner

« Reply #13437 on: March 01, 2020, 07:32:41 PM »
Should have been taken off if he was as injured as he was making out throughout the game by constantly holding his hamstring and limping. Heís more use to us in a relegation battle than limping through a final.

Disappointed with Jack - he sat down for 5 mins at the end of the game. Weíre all dejected, but Iíd expect more from a villa captain at the final whistle of a cup final

Offline Villan82

« Reply #13438 on: March 01, 2020, 07:35:33 PM »
He wears his heart on his sleeve.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #13439 on: March 01, 2020, 07:38:07 PM »
Should have been taken off if he was as injured as he was making out throughout the game by constantly holding his hamstring and limping. Heís more use to us in a relegation battle than limping through a final.

Disappointed with Jack - he sat down for 5 mins at the end of the game. Weíre all dejected, but Iíd expect more from a villa captain at the final whistle of a cup final

Agree, he's been a disappointment, as Captain.

Luckily, we'll probably see him move on in the summer.