collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Current Formation by Vill I An
[Today at 11:37:26 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by amfy
[Today at 11:36:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by aldridgeboy
[Today at 11:31:11 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread by robbo1874
[Today at 11:20:36 PM]

Re: Relegation Watch by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:16:30 PM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Risso
[Today at 11:13:09 PM]

Re: Relegation Watch by aj2k77
[Today at 11:10:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by aj2k77
[Today at 11:08:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1191356 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #13320 on: February 14, 2020, 11:33:30 AM »
Hasn't Jack got something like 3 years left on his contract?  If so why would we be under any duress to sell even if relegated?  He might want to leave if go down but it's not his decision, and I doubt, as a Villa fan, he'd go on strike or into a sulk if we refused to sell for an insulting amount.  I doubt he'd want Villa to be exploited either.  Therefore I don't think going down would affect his value, at least by nowhere near as much as some seem to think.   

That becomes a problem if he as he suspect he might refuses to sign a new contract.  Meaning we could be forced to sell to gain value.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #13321 on: February 14, 2020, 11:50:00 AM »
Gabby on SSN talking about Villa and Jack. He sounds even more gormless than he looks. What’s this numpty doing on SSN trying to be a pundit?!

Edit: on the subject of Man Utd speculation, Gabby actually said that he thinks the owners will make sure he stays if we stay up, and Jack would have the choice of many clubs better than Man Utd anyway. Well said Gabby...may be not such a gormless numpty after all!

Indeed, well said Gabby, although to me he remains a slack jawed mouth breather.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #13322 on: February 14, 2020, 12:06:03 PM »
So Jacks price will half if we go down?
Despite the fact that those same clubs will be bidding for him.
I struggle to see the logic in that.
Of course it will be much less if we go down.  We'll be under duress to sell.  It won't be an auction, he'll pick the club he wants to go to and a we'll eventually agree a fee - my guess prob £40-£50m

If we stay up we're unwilling sellers so it will take a prmium bid to lever him out - prob £60-£80m.  I honestly think suggestions of £100m+ are just pure fantasy.

Blose are going to get £50 million for a 16 year old who has never played in the top flight. The idea that we would even consider a bid of less than £100 million for one of the best players in England is laughable.

My only worry about receiving a bid of £60 million for Grealish would be that Dean Smith might dislocate his jaw laughing.
Hopefully we won't go down and we'll never know.  But I would be absolutely amazed if we got anywhere near £100m if relegated.  There's almost never an auction for players and all potential buyers will know we have to sell.

And what on earth makes you think Blues will get £50m for Bellingham?

I was talking about if we stay up, I'll admit we would likely get less if we go down. The Bellingham fee is being widely reported by a number of sources. Though it could just be Blose leaking stuff to the press to get the price up, I suppose. I've not seen him enough to know what he's likely to be worth.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #13323 on: February 14, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »
We won't need to sell, unless he puts in a transfer request. Which then puts us in the situation of naming our price. He won't be a dick and go on strike as he's a Villa fan.

I suspect he'll be called up for England, he'll play in the Euros and do well, that will then attract the likes of Barca and Real, Juve, Inter etc. as well as the clubs here.

Potentially it's big money.

My reading before was that there was a release clause in the event of us not being promoted. As soon as we were up that became, obviously, null and void. The question remains whether there might be a release clause if we were to be relegated again.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13324 on: February 14, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »
Of course it will be much less if we go down.  We'll be under duress to sell.  It won't be an auction, he'll pick the club he wants to go to and a we'll eventually agree a fee - my guess prob £40-£50m

If we stay up we're unwilling sellers so it will take a prmium bid to lever him out - prob £60-£80m.  I honestly think suggestions of £100m+ are just pure fantasy.
The amount of Jack Grealish on the market and the number of potential buyers will not be effected by our league status, the price will be determined by the market, we will set the price and the highest bidder will win.

The price it will be effected by our league status.  You're deluded if you think otherwise. 

When was the last time a player of his quality got relegated in the PL era? The answer is never. Therefore there's no precedent, so you're sounding a bit, I don't know, what's the word?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #13325 on: February 14, 2020, 12:33:10 PM »

The amount of Jack Grealish on the market and the number of potential buyers will not be effected by our league status, the price will be determined by the market, we will set the price and the highest bidder will win.

The price it will be effected by our league status.  You're deluded if you think otherwise. 

When was the last time a player of his quality got relegated in the PL era? The answer is never. Therefore there's no precedent, so you're sounding a bit, I don't know, what's the word?

Rudy Gestede says hello.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #13326 on: February 14, 2020, 01:02:42 PM »

Rudy Gestede says hello.

Ha ha, good point

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #13327 on: February 14, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
In all fairness though, he's probably not far off. We signed a relegated Southgate who went under the radar with most clubs i think, he was a superb centre back right from day 1.
Otherwise Juninho and Ravanelli were pretty tasty, shame about the rest of their team. Can't think of many others, there have been some decent players but not many of that standard / Grealish standard.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #13328 on: February 14, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »
In all fairness though, he's probably not far off. We signed a relegated Southgate who went under the radar with most clubs i think, he was a superb centre back right from day 1.
Otherwise Juninho and Ravanelli were pretty tasty, shame about the rest of their team. Can't think of many others, there have been some decent players but not many of that standard / Grealish standard.

Juninho was probably closest, he was virtually carrying them on his own that season much like Jack. He went for  £13m which was fairly massive at the time.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #13329 on: February 14, 2020, 01:37:35 PM »

Juninho was probably closest, he was virtually carrying them on his own that season much like Jack. He went for  £13m which was fairly massive at the time.

Yeah, still remains the biggest disappointment in terms of a near signing that we didn't get over the line. Doug had him at Villa park for talks in 1999 and didn't complete, i thought he was a tremendous player and an absolute joy to watch. Back then as well, players like that were more of a rarity in our league than they are now.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #13330 on: February 14, 2020, 02:31:15 PM »

Yeah, still remains the biggest disappointment in terms of a near signing that we didn't get over the line. Doug had him at Villa park for talks in 1999 and didn't complete, i thought he was a tremendous player and an absolute joy to watch. Back then as well, players like that were more of a rarity in our league than they are now.

Agreed. Still at least we signed Steve Stone to make up for it, which must be just about the most Doug thing ever.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13331 on: February 14, 2020, 02:35:29 PM »

Agreed. Still at least we signed Steve Stone to make up for it, which must be just about the most Doug thing ever.

Steve Stone, along with Mustapha Hadji, absolutely typified what coming to the Villa seems to do for once-promising players. Fuck knows what we do to them.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #13332 on: February 14, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »

To put that Juninho figure into context, Shearer went to the Geordies the year before Juninho's transfer for a world record fee of £15m, and Yorke went a year later for £12.6m.  It was up there with the biggest fees in the world at the time.

Top players who are relegated still command big prices, it's just that generally speaking, top players don't GET relegated.  And I still don't think it'll happen this year.

Online ChicagoLion

« Reply #13333 on: February 14, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »

To put that Juninho figure into context, Shearer went to the Geordies the year before Juninho's transfer for a world record fee of £15m, and Yorke went a year later for £12.6m.  It was up there with the biggest fees in the world at the time.

Top players who are relegated still command big prices, it's just that generally speaking, top players don't GET relegated.  And I still don't think it'll happen this year.
Exactly.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 22.04.2020
« Reply #13334 on: February 14, 2020, 05:08:54 PM »
I know it shouldn't but I drives me insane. I would rather Jack go to the Blues for no fee than ever see him in a red filth shirt
This. I hate them more than anything else in the entire universe.