collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1251968 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #12810 on: January 29, 2020, 04:30:13 AM »
Right now he's as good a player as we've had at Villa in my 40+ years of following them, he literally ran the show again. In stupendous form at the moment.

If he doesn't get an England call up now he literally never will.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #12811 on: January 29, 2020, 05:37:41 AM »
Weíre witnessing greatness with Jack for sure. What a player.
Absolutely

Online Ian J

• GM : 10.09.2020
« Reply #12812 on: January 29, 2020, 06:14:44 AM »
Iím baffled by why he is not picked ahead of anyone else England have to offer. Heís so unique and if I was Southgate Iíd would build the team around Jack and Maddison who is also a fantastic player. Those two would compliment each other so well, it should not be about which one is better.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #12813 on: January 29, 2020, 06:39:41 AM »
I agree Ian, there is space in the side for both of them, given Jack can play left or right.  If anything, it shows that Jack is more versatile than Maddison as the latter only seems to be able to function as a central midfielder and not as a winger.  If they cannot both play, this gives Jack the edge.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 14.09.2017
« Reply #12814 on: January 29, 2020, 07:07:59 AM »
England should be building a team around him. He is literally that good now. He's put the work in, stuck with us, and we are now seeing and unbelievably gifted player, but more so the evidence of just how much grit and determination he's got. I started going at 7 in 89/90 properly every week. In that time we've had some brilliant players, but Jack stands above them all for just how good he actually is. Merson was phenomenal for 18 months but Jack is literally carrying us at times. And he's one of us. Amazing story. He lifts that trophy on the 1starch it will be movie level stuff.

Online chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #12815 on: January 29, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
Iím baffled by why he is not picked ahead of anyone else England have to offer. Heís so unique and if I was Southgate Iíd would build the team around Jack and Maddison who is also a fantastic player. Those two would compliment each other so well, it should not be about which one is better.
Agreed, Maddison was outstanding.  The future of English foorball should be bright with him and Grealish.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #12816 on: January 29, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »
I thought Maddison was okay and not much more. Reading the Leicester supporters views it seems Iím praising him too much. Heís a good player though even if his recent form has dropped.

Online chrisw1

« Reply #12817 on: January 29, 2020, 09:08:32 AM »
I thought Maddison was okay and not much more. Reading the Leicester supporters views it seems Iím praising him too much. Heís a good player though even if his recent form has dropped.
In the first half in particular he was excellent and and the heart of everything they did well.  He tested Nyland a few times and had a few near misses too.  If that's just ok I'm glad he had an off game.

Offline danno

« Reply #12818 on: January 29, 2020, 09:11:22 AM »
I don't see any reason why Maddison and Grealish couldn't both play for England in the same team. The media keep billing it as if they're both vying for the same spot.

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #12819 on: January 29, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
Agreed, Maddison was outstanding.  The future of English foorball should be bright with him and Grealish.

'Madderz' is alright but he's not fit to shine Jack's boots. Last night he frequently received the ball in space because arguably we gave him too much time - and kept trying worldies from outside the box which ended up in Row Z, instead of trying to create something or take on our defence to find a better angle to shoot from. Jack always does the latter, because he can, which makes him the superior player by far.

Online chrisw1

« Reply #12820 on: January 29, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I think Grealish is the better player but they are different.  I was just agreeing that they could and probably should both be in the England team.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #12821 on: January 29, 2020, 09:38:46 AM »
In the first half in particular he was excellent and and the heart of everything they did well.  He tested Nyland a few times and had a few near misses too.  If that's just ok I'm glad he had an off game.

So he nearly did this and he nearly did that in the first half and actually did very little in the 2nd. Grealish brilliantly set up our first goal. Thatís what counts.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 26.01.2021
« Reply #12822 on: January 29, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »
Iím baffled by why he is not picked ahead of anyone else England have to offer

I think Brian Little would support that bafflement as it happened to him also

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #12823 on: January 29, 2020, 09:50:30 AM »
England should be building a team around him. He is literally that good now. He's put the work in, stuck with us, and we are now seeing and unbelievably gifted player, but more so the evidence of just how much grit and determination he's got. I started going at 7 in 89/90 properly every week. In that time we've had some brilliant players, but Jack stands above them all for just how good he actually is. Merson was phenomenal for 18 months but Jack is literally carrying us at times. And he's one of us. Amazing story. He lifts that trophy on the 1starch it will be movie level stuff.

I started going the year before and Grealish is becoming a very very good player and certainly up there but if you're talking about how good players are in their own position i still think it's slightly laughable that anyone would say he's better than McGrath. I also rate Platt higher without a shadow of doubt and Yorke and Southgate for me too. McGrath and Platt both won the PFA player of the year whilst playing for us. Bosnich was also a magnificent GK for us, i'd say Grealish is comparable to him in quality at his particular game. Merson, Milner, Laursen and Cowans were there or thereabouts as well off the top of my head.

Grealish can still get better, he is certainly the best we've had this decade and i don't think it takes a rocket scientist to say that he is going to be in the England team very soon.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:52:27 AM by Clark W Griswold »

Online chrisw1

« Reply #12824 on: January 29, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »

So he nearly did this and he nearly did that in the first half and actually did very little in the 2nd. Grealish brilliantly set up our first goal. Thatís what counts.
Oh FFS don't be so one eyed and ridiculous.  He did well for them and Grealish did well for us.  I've already said I prefer Grealish as a player but there's no point playing down Maddisons quality.