collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1300806 times)

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #12345 on: December 05, 2019, 12:53:45 AM »
Good on Dean Smith mentioning that Grealish needs more protection from referees. If a Man U or Liverpool starlet received the same abuse that he does, our media would be organising lynch mobs for the opposition.

Hopefully once he gets in the England team he will get more decisions, that seems to be the way it has gone in the past.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12346 on: December 05, 2019, 01:07:02 AM »
He looked too deep and too wide tonight. Itís a shame he was wiped out when he was making that run through defense.

Is that the one where the ref didn't give a foul and free kick .
Because there was one incident first half Grealish ran at Chelsea players they couldn't live with him and he was blatantly fouled . Nothing given .

That said Grealish was nasty and clearly frustration because he pushed Kovacs in the back and was a blatant foul.
Kovacs himself was disgusting with his holding of an arm on McGinn and did get booked
Felt the ref should have had a few more bookings for both teams but especially Chelsea on Grealish rather than let it go if ref stamped authority and protected Jack he may have had a different game.
Don't think he was much helped by ref.
What's new

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12347 on: December 05, 2019, 01:10:37 AM »
An off night for Jack tonight.  Couldn't affect things at all, and if Southgate was watching, tonight won't have helped his England chances very much.

key to our equaliser and any constructive football we managed all night

Yes he was our best player, but miles off the standard of the last couple of games.  Mainly because of those around him rather than any fault of his own though.

Totally right an off night
I've highlighted it with stats.
No goal threat or goal assist .
Nothing in penalty box.
Trez was the best villa outfield player.
Followed by Luiz and Elmo.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #12348 on: December 06, 2019, 04:43:07 AM »
We tend to look at our players with rose tinted specticles I think Jack Grealish is a very good player and has ability on the ball that our other midfielders donít, IMO he isnít a great player he does things our other midfielders donít ie links defence into attack really well, he draws a huge amount of fouls due to the amount of time he spends on the ball and he isnít easy to dispossess legally, however our team seems geared up to almost constantly getting him on the ball.   I think by playing this way we have a big problem if Jack doesnít play or some talented teams double up, perhaps playing D Luiz in a similar position and switching during game time may give the team other options and make us less predictable.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #12349 on: December 06, 2019, 07:15:29 AM »
We tend to look at our players with rose tinted specticles I think Jack Grealish is a very good player and has ability on the ball that our other midfielders donít, IMO he isnít a great player he does things our other midfielders donít ie links defence into attack really well, he draws a huge amount of fouls due to the amount of time he spends on the ball and he isnít easy to dispossess legally, however our team seems geared up to almost constantly getting him on the ball.   I think by playing this way we have a big problem if Jack doesnít play or some talented teams double up, perhaps playing D Luiz in a similar position and switching during game time may give the team other options and make us less predictable.
I think he is a great player, his ability to be able to constantly receive the ball is an example of this. I think the problem is that other players take the easy option And stand back and watch instead of using the space that doubling up on Jack should create. Against Chelsea you had Wes and Hourihane offering absolutely nothing.
So it looks like a one man team.
We donít seem to do too weíll without him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12350 on: December 06, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
I don't just think Jack is a great player, I think he's a pretty unique player as well.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #12351 on: December 06, 2019, 02:50:07 PM »
Harry Redknapp on talkshite earlier singing Jacks praises. Said what an amazing talent he is and Southgate has got to get in the England squad immediately. Maybe the old used car salesman ain't so bad after after all.

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #12352 on: December 06, 2019, 03:16:07 PM »
Harry Redknapp on talkshite earlier singing Jacks praises. Said what an amazing talent he is and Southgate has got to get in the England squad immediately. Maybe the old used car salesman ain't so bad after after all.

Redknapp for all his faults always liked flair players he was never a defensive manager

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #12353 on: December 06, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »

He should have a word with his nephew who has been accusing Jack of diving and inviting fouls.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #12354 on: December 06, 2019, 06:53:35 PM »

He should have a word with his nephew who has been accusing Jack of diving and inviting fouls.
His nephew is an idiot if he's accusing Jack of inviting fouls. Since when has that been against the rules?

Offline danno

« Reply #12355 on: December 06, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »
This would be the same guy who played with Drogba yes? 

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12356 on: December 08, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
England prospects:

Had Mount v Grealish midweek.
Mount won that one.

Today Maddison v Grealish

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12357 on: December 08, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »
Wrong thread.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #12358 on: December 08, 2019, 03:51:47 PM »
Given way Leicester do things I wonder what Jack Grealish would do if they sold Maddison to someone for 70m and then bid a similar amount for Jack.

CL football probably, wouldn't have to move house and Rodgers style of play is exactly the sort he'd thrive in.

Probably with that scenario I should be working for the Meaning Evil!

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #12359 on: December 08, 2019, 04:00:38 PM »
Given way Leicester do things I wonder what Jack Grealish would do if they sold Maddison to someone for 70m and then bid a similar amount for Jack.

CL football probably, wouldn't have to move house and Rodgers style of play is exactly the sort he'd thrive in.

Probably with that scenario I should be working for the Meaning Evil!

Shut up😉. Iím depressed enough

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal