collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread. by CT
[Today at 10:57:13 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by CT
[Today at 10:55:18 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Mister E
[Today at 10:48:33 AM]

Re: Dalian Atkinson by Risso
[Today at 10:34:42 AM]

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread. by Ads
[Today at 10:20:26 AM]

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread. by Marlon From Bearwood
[Today at 10:19:15 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by richtheholtender
[Today at 10:15:25 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Mister E
[Today at 10:09:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1337977 times)

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #12285 on: December 01, 2019, 10:46:01 PM »
I don't think we'll be challenging for CL spots anytime soon tbh. Fair play to the optimists, but I found out some time ago that nothing is fair and hope is a lie.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #12286 on: December 02, 2019, 02:02:05 AM »
Like his counterparts on talksport it's Savage's job to be a gobshite,

And no-one is better qualified.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #12287 on: December 02, 2019, 02:26:24 AM »
Getting back to Jack. Heís becoming everything we all hoped he would. He needed to adjust to the demands of the PL. but good fucking Lord has he ever. What we were seeing in the Championship in how he drags two or three players with him is happening at this level. What is hurting him is that we donít have the talent around him to make best use of what he is becoming. That has to be addressed. A mobile forward. An attacking midfielder. Someone to read the game on his level. Itís beautiful to watch and horribly dangerous on the other hand knowing that the clock is ticking.

I truly hope that what is being rumoured/suggested is correct and that if we stay up, next year is the year we make that massive leap on the types of players we need at the club to vault us into a at minimum a Europa League contending position. Itís the only way he will stay long term.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 31.12.2020
« Reply #12288 on: December 02, 2019, 05:43:12 AM »
It does amuse me though that the lesser Manchester clubs supporters believe that they are still in the position of demanding the best players from other Premiership sides have they looked at the table lately. I agree though that to keep our best players the owners have to show intent and find players that can further improve us.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #12289 on: December 02, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »
It does amuse me though that the lesser Manchester clubs supporters believe that they are still in the position of demanding the best players from other Premiership sides have they looked at the table lately. I agree though that to keep our best players the owners have to show intent and find players that can further improve us.
I have been impressed with their squad building to date. This team is starting to gel and the next upgrades do not necessarily need to be extensive, but a significant upgrade in what we currently have in each position. Our next few signings, if we are to continue to improve, should be statements of intent and/or promising talent yet to flourish (noting the promising talent can only be successfully integrated into a well established team structure, which is not that far away)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #12290 on: December 02, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »

Worked for them for Bissaka and Maguire last summer. They were utterly mugged price wise on both. Bissaka is very poor on the ball, Maguire isn't any better than Smalling or Mings.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #12291 on: December 02, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
Man Utd  stats
 *Attacking goal threat and Assists watch *
Goals 1
Big Chances 1
Big chances missed 1
Shots 3
Shots in box 1
On Target 1
Touches Total: 59
Opponents Half: 40
Penalty Area Touches:5
Fouls won 7
Chances created 1
Big chances created 0
Assists 0
Crosses 6
Corners taken 6

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12292 on: December 02, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
Absolutely 100% superb first half and was way above all players.
In the very first min Grealish was set upon being fouled and it's so clear and obvious that man utd wanted to get an early one in.
That should have been a booking !

Grealish goal was amazing . Is anyone else wondering if he meant it ?!
I mean the man is capable on that side of pitch to bend in but it's his lack of looking and hitting as well as a kinda of celebration which didn't totally indicate he meant it !
An overhit cross ?

However I think was unbelievable goal , and just putting out there !
That said his miss was unbelievable poor and unfortunately the set pieces yesterday , mainly corners were lacking .

Agree more players need to be his level for link ups  and I think he's just only gonna get better and improve players around him.
Super Jack !

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:29:08 PM by Vill I An »

Online hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12293 on: December 02, 2019, 12:30:10 PM »
From the 10 talking points in today's Graun:

"5) Grealish takes the hits from Unitedís bruisers
Old Trafford was treated to a familiar sight in the opening 10 minutes, as a spindly, cocksure attacking midfielder was kicked from pillar to post by brutish opponents before responding with a wondrous goal. Jack Grealish is no Cristiano Ronaldo but it says a fair bit about Manchester Unitedís last decade that they are now playing the role of hapless bruisers. As for the Aston Villa man, the fact he is the Premier Leagueís most fouled player Ė and by an astonishing distance Ė is a reflection of defendersí inability to deal with him legally. The 24-year-old would be wise, though, to think twice when the heavyweights inevitably come calling. The opponents he played against on Sunday, who included Juan Mata, Fred and Luke Shaw, offer all the evidence he needs about the power of a big move to derail a decent career."

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12294 on: December 02, 2019, 12:41:13 PM »
Itís a huge period for the club if we are to transition to competing at the top end of the league.
The pressure will be immense come the summer to sell our best players.

As long as we stay on in premier league the players will stay on.
Under Dean Smith I don't see Grealish going anywhere as villa, Smith and Grealish are going places .
And that isn't meaning transfers.
This club is only on the rise.
Grealish is central tonight.
Its annoying the 'recent' history of 'big' clubs that try and halt progress of other competitors.

I firmly see Villa doing what wolves and Sheff utd doing next season for the whole season.
I can see Villa only improving as season goes on.
Getting the results and score lines as well as 90 minute performances.
At the moment it's been mixture , up and down at times but on clearly right track.
Grealish is a hero and will be for the national team I wish the rest of football just accept that villa are coming !

And accept Grealish is villa.
This club is clearly progressive and ambitious and it's just outside noise that suggesting other wise on Jack leaving.

Having the most talented English player will of course cast envious glances.
We also have McGinn , the best Scottish player.
So basically Villa have 2 untouchables and every one else can weep!
They are both only going to improve !
Exciting times for villa and I enough people have a recognition in media to understand Villa are one of the giants and will bang the drum .
Those who don't like us . Like this savage chap don't get football and has agenda he can do one
Up the villa !
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:43:39 PM by Vill I An »

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #12295 on: December 02, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
Garth Crooks has put Jack in his Team of the week. Apparently even he spotted the amount of fouls against him but states he should see it as a compliment before also commenting that he should be at Manure as a player. But being as the match ended 1-1 apparently, I think he needs to come off the drugs.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #12296 on: December 02, 2019, 12:52:32 PM »
It does amuse me though that the lesser Manchester clubs supporters believe that they are still in the position of demanding the best players from other Premiership sides

The turds are insisting that Pocchetino (however you spell it) is a dead cert for them too.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #12297 on: December 02, 2019, 02:43:16 PM »
BBC and Manchester have some dirty love in.

Online john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #12298 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Remember some of the posts on here a little while back

Ďoffers nothing, i would move him on if a decent bid came iní

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #12299 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:52 PM »
You're getting to be the king of the better-fan-than-you post, John.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal