collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2020/21 by Monty
[Today at 09:52:18 PM]

Dean Smith - Confirmed by tomd2103
[Today at 09:51:23 PM]

Crystal Palace 3-2 Utterly inept Aston Villa by CT Villan
[Today at 09:39:40 PM]

Herbert Ellis by Nelly
[Today at 09:30:59 PM]

Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:59:20 PM]

Guess The Goal R43; Spurs v ASTON VILLA, Wednesday 19th May!🥅 by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:46:11 PM]

Ross Barkley - signed by ChicagoLion
[Today at 08:44:37 PM]

Micah Richards - Released by Villan82
[Today at 08:23:30 PM]

May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 485 | Comments: 8

Itís forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 603 | Comments: 3

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1011 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...
April 19, 2021, 12:18:46 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 941 | Comments: 8

According to PETA (https://tin...
April 09, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 990 | Comments: 14

1967: Preston North End and...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1870983 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #19740 on: January 03, 2021, 07:13:09 PM »
Just imagine if Dean sat on a bucket and looked a bit strange.....

Chortle.

Online charlatan

« Reply #19741 on: January 03, 2021, 10:52:59 PM »
Once played a game with an Army referee. Our sub ran on from the touchline, enthusiastically shouting, "come on, we can fuckin' win this". Ref sent him straight off again.

I have a mate, former refereeing colleague who, when officiating at a match booked a player for leaving the field of play without the referee's permission.  He left to make some minor adjustment to his kit, something trivial.  After he'd made his adjustments he then re-entered the field of play without the referee's permission who then promptly issued a second booking and sent him off!  I still laugh to this day.

I was reffing an inconsequential co-ed game in Oregon (those games were bad news because all the alpha male players had to show the women in their team that they were in charge) when a player grumbled about my decisions to a teammate, obviously for my benefit, and finished up by saying he wanted to go off if it was going to carry on like this. The ball went out for a throw in. I stopped play and told him to go off. He refused. Yellow card. What for? Delaying the restart or dissent, you decide. And in that league (which had unlimited subs) you had to go off for a while if you got booked, so off he went......

Online Dave

• GM : 31.03.2021
« Reply #19742 on: January 04, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »
Once played a game with an Army referee. Our sub ran on from the touchline, enthusiastically shouting, "come on, we can fuckin' win this". Ref sent him straight off again.

Similar to the (probably apocryphal) story of the fastest ever red card. Referee blows for kick-off, striker waiting to do so say "Fuck me, that was loud". Straight red, just as the game kicks off.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 19.03.2022
« Reply #19743 on: January 04, 2021, 07:36:43 PM »
A good while ago a mate of mine was sent off before the ref blew the whistle for kick off. 

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 17.01.2022
« Reply #19744 on: January 04, 2021, 07:49:39 PM »
I was once sent off for sticking my tongue out at an opponent.  I was about 9 years old at the time.

Offline Percy McCarthy

« Reply #19745 on: January 05, 2021, 12:43:16 AM »

Similar to the (probably apocryphal) story of the fastest ever red card. Referee blows for kick-off, striker waiting to do so say "Fuck me, that was loud". Straight red, just as the game kicks off.

My mate Smudger (Mark Smith) had the record for the fastest sending off - something like 17 seconds - whilst playing in goal for Crewe. Donít know if it still stands. Heís still an early bird, I often see him driving to work as I set off myself at about 5am when Iím on mornings.

Edit: bloody hell, heís been beaten a few times since!

https://www.copa90.com/en/all/2015/3/fastest-ever-red-cards-in-english-football
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:47:01 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #19746 on: January 05, 2021, 01:49:52 AM »
1. Lee Todd, Cross Park Farm Celtic vs Taunton East Reach Wanderers, 2000 - 2 seconds
Interestingly, the fastest red card on record was not due to a dangerous tackle or physical aggression. Instead, Lee Todd was famously sent off for swearing straight after hearing the refereeís whistle. Standing next to the referee, Lee Todd reacted to his shock at hearing the starting whistle by shouting ďF#*k me, that was loud!Ē. The referee rather oddly deemed it red card worthy and sent the striker straight back to the changing rooms.

😂

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19747 on: January 06, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »
Jack's value has shot up again. He has had an upgrade on the FIFA 21 game. He has improved his overall rating, his potential, his speed and his weak foot.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2022
« Reply #19748 on: January 06, 2021, 04:37:03 PM »
He isn't in a '100 of the worlds most valuable players' list reported in the Daily Mail today. As it's headed by Marcus Rashford I think we can all judge the journalistic rigour that went into it.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #19749 on: January 06, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
Rashford is a decent player (and I like what I've read about him as a person too), but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is anywhere near a top 10 (or a top 50 for that matter).  There again, it's true that I know fuck all about 'world football' so I'm no real judge.  But is he really that great - even in terms of the premier league? 

Offline Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #19750 on: January 06, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »
He isn't in a '100 of the worlds most valuable players' list reported in the Daily Mail today. As it's headed by Marcus Rashford I think we can all judge the journalistic rigour that went into it.
JG was 59th (?) in a top 100 done by the Grauniad just before Christmas: this list had Levandowsk at its head, wth Rashford in the top 15 IIRC.

Online enigma

« Reply #19751 on: January 07, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »
There's a 63 page thread on a Man Utd board dedicated to him. Been going a while but went into overdrive this season, but they're especially creaming themselves since our game with them last week. Many seem convinced he'll be their player before long. I'd hate to see him in a Man Utd shirt. It'd be far worse than Young or Yorke.

Besides, he'd cost more than Sancho and they couldn't cough up for him.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #19752 on: January 07, 2021, 05:59:40 PM »
There's a 63 page thread on a Man Utd board dedicated to him. Been going a while but went into overdrive this season, but they're especially creaming themselves since our game with them last week. Many seem convinced he'll be their player before long. I'd hate to see him in a Man Utd shirt. It'd be far worse than Young or Yorke.

They've been spoonfed the idea they could sign him by the press and that thread is totally created on the back of tabloid journalists who seem to think Villa have no right to produce and keep world class talents.  I read a piece from the Athletic yesterday saying there was a "feeling" Villa would consider selling Jack for 90 million?  Lo and behold they're all chatting about a deal being done for 90 million quid. 

It's quite extraordinary to observe the online feeding frenzy and echo chambers at work.  I genuinely would love Dean Smith or Purslow to put them in their place at some point - or as I said the other day, maybe our owners could come up with a general PR interview with the press about their aims and plans (the kind of thing Lerner did once a year).   As things stand, the press seem to think we're a Norwich City kind of club, owned by Delia Smith, ready to be bent over.

Offline villalion

« Reply #19753 on: January 07, 2021, 06:07:02 PM »
Nothing could show the upward trajectory of this club more, Than telling the every media outlet to stop the bullshit. He is not for sale.

Online Monty

• GM : 26.08.2019
« Reply #19754 on: January 07, 2021, 06:10:32 PM »

They've been spoonfed the idea they could sign him by the press and that thread is totally created on the back of tabloid journalists who seem to think Villa have no right to produce and keep world class talents.  I read a piece from the Athletic yesterday saying there was a "feeling" Villa would consider selling Jack for 90 million?  Lo and behold they're all chatting about a deal being done for 90 million quid. 

It's quite extraordinary to observe the online feeding frenzy and echo chambers at work.  I genuinely would love Dean Smith or Purslow to put them in their place at some point - or as I said the other day, maybe our owners could come up with a general PR interview with the press about their aims and plans (the kind of thing Lerner did once a year).   As things stand, the press seem to think we're a Norwich City kind of club, owned by Delia Smith, ready to be bent over.

We should ask Dortmund what they valued Sancho at, and tell United it's at least that for Jack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal