collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
April 09, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 518 | Comments: 8

1967: Preston North End and...
April 03, 2021, 09:55:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1310 | Comments: 25

ďMental pain is...
April 01, 2021, 01:09:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 247 | Comments: 0

In the fifties it used to be t...
March 30, 2021, 12:00:59 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 418 | Comments: 5

Over the years, Villa Park has...
March 26, 2021, 01:56:48 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 539 | Comments: 9

On the principle that if you c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1828502 times)

Offline Somniloquism

Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #19125 on: November 27, 2020, 02:21:44 PM »
I was amazed to see the news about Jack was an item on BBC midday national news. Why on earth?

Whilst I agree a some with Brian, it is also because he is suddenly the golden boy of England. I expect Beckham's court cases when Mr LooseHole used to get him off probably was also in the news in his heyday.

Itís because Jack is a genius and all geniuses are flawed. Thatís what Maradonnaís former agent said anyway. Itís then up to the media to find those ďflawsĒ no matter how trivial they are. Iím surprised they donít report when Jack fails to put his bins out.
TBH, I wouldn't classify crashing into several parked cars where a witness stated in a legal document that they smelt alcohol whilst in the middle of a lockdown, or travelling at 20-30mph over the speed limit and tailgating other cars as trivial "flaws". He is just lucky he hasn't joined Tony Adams. or even worse Luke McCormack or Lee Hughes in that pantheon.

Did he get done for drink driving then?  No he didn't.  He might have had a drink but not over the limit, he might have had no alcohol at all we don't know because some witness says he could smell alcohol on him means nothing if it hasn't been proved.

Drank tea all night but a beer with his cornflakes that morning....likely story alright

Nothing proven bar that he has demonstrated examples of being a menace behind the wheel.

Well we know Ross McCormack is tee total and never touched a drop in his life. And the only reason jack couldn't find the proper footwear was because his mates are all pranksters and hid his other slipper.

Like I said, nothing proven because he made sure he was unavailable and I hope it has now stopped the possibility of a future time where he is "tired" and it is people rather then cars being damaged.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #19126 on: December 01, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »
Brilliant again tonight. The one issue I have with him, pathetic dive aside, is when he is asked to play at 10 like he was for the last 20 minutes tonight he can drop far too deep into the centre circle. We don't need that especially the way Luiz was playing. Was a mistake to move him tonight from the left wing.

Offline john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #19127 on: December 01, 2020, 07:48:07 AM »
it was like watching a Thoroughbred racehorse competing alongside and against beach donkey's

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #19128 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:40 AM »
Has anyone got the footage of Jack going down after the clash where Fornals was booked.  He's getting slated everywhere this morning by the usual haters but there was a delay there.  Would be interested to see again

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19129 on: December 01, 2020, 10:16:15 AM »
Looked a bad dive to me. What about that bit of skill when he set Ollie up though? Stupendous.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #19130 on: December 01, 2020, 10:22:26 AM »
He very much theatrically threw himself to the floor well after the incident, but they spent the entire game booting him up in the air every time they were able to get near to him, so I'm not surprised he chose to draw the referee's attention to it.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 01.02.2022
« Reply #19131 on: December 01, 2020, 10:29:08 AM »
Just been discussed on sky with Dermot Gallagher - they considered it a clear foul and if Jack exaggerates anything itís because he gets kicked so often. Essentially - nothing to see here. And that turn to wrong-foot 4 defenders before setting Ollie up - wow.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #19132 on: December 01, 2020, 10:30:33 AM »
Looked a bad dive to me. What about that bit of skill when he set Ollie up though? Stupendous.

Quote from: TaxDodger

link=topic=52118.msg3869877#msg3869877 date=1606818146
He very much theatrically threw himself to the floor well after the incident, but they spent the entire game booting him up in the air every time they were able to get near to him, so I'm not surprised he chose to draw the referee's attention to it.

Agreed.  I thought WH could have had a pretty least a couple of players booked first half but nothing.  If referees won't protect Jack i suppose it's to be expected he will emphasise things.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #19133 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »
A stripey on our teams call was calling that out. I just said he only picked up cheating like that from watching Jay Rodriguez playing against us.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19134 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »
Only Jack can score a goal like Diego.

Alan Hutton says hello. Two years ago today as well.

It was a lovely moment for Al, but the Blosers let him run practically in a straight line. Jack would turn and feint more. Closest he's come maybe the one at Rotherham. The one-two a genius twist on the solo effort.

Funnily enough, for all I think Maradona's goal against England was brilliant, the defending was shocking. The half-arsed tackling; the pull back just outside the box that was missed; the number two not sliding in to block the shot going in.

The foul on the England player prior to him receiving the ball in the first place.

Offline Legion

• Our FB Page
« Reply #19135 on: December 01, 2020, 11:01:56 AM »
Has anyone got the footage of Jack going down after the clash where Fornals was booked.  He's getting slated everywhere this morning by the usual haters but there was a delay there.  Would be interested to see again

I've seen it a few times on FB now. There was definitely deliberate contact to the back of his knee but he went down theatrically.

Offline Legion

• Our FB Page
« Reply #19136 on: December 01, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »
Plus when he goes to ground he is holding his other knee:

Link to FB video

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2022
« Reply #19137 on: December 01, 2020, 11:08:54 AM »
It was what it was, a pathetic dive & subsequent writhe around on the ground was embarrassing ....something we see very little of from Jack who normally draws fouls when he actually goes down.

We needs refs protecting top talents like Jack, you canít tell me that whoever refs on Friday night wonít now go into that game thinking about that dive, Newcastle will have a couple of free digs early on.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #19138 on: December 01, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »
I thought he was superb last night. He just seems to dance around players. Great to watch and Iím struggling to think of any Villa players in my 50 years of watching us who had similar attributes.

Offline in exile

• GM : 10.07.2021
« Reply #19139 on: December 01, 2020, 11:47:34 AM »
It was what it was, a pathetic dive & subsequent writhe around on the ground was embarrassing ....something we see very little of from Jack who normally draws fouls when he actually goes down.

We needs refs protecting top talents like Jack, you canít tell me that whoever refs on Friday night wonít now go into that game thinking about that dive, Newcastle will have a couple of free digs early on.
Yes, I agree with this.
Apart from the dive and roll around, I thought he was magnificent last night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal