collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* On Sale NOW

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2020/21 by Damo70
[Today at 07:17:07 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by villa `cross the mersey
[Today at 07:14:36 PM]

John McGinn - signed by LeeB
[Today at 07:12:00 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Damo70
[Today at 06:49:08 PM]

Then what happened by dave.woodhall
[Today at 06:10:46 PM]

Then what happened by dave.woodhall
[Today at 06:09:00 PM]

Realistic Expectations by john e
[Today at 05:59:39 PM]

Ezri Konsa - signed by LeeB
[Today at 05:58:01 PM]

Today at 06:09:00 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 74 | Comments: 0

Only a club with a massive sen...
March 05, 2021, 03:49:11 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 583 | Comments: 8

Any Wolverhampton supporter ob...
February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1403 | Comments: 17

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 593 | Comments: 5

There’s certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 896 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1769634 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Jack Grealish - for life?
« Reply #18645 on: November 11, 2020, 07:35:39 PM »
Good article on the BBC too (don't think this has been posted here):

Linky

The stats show how much he's improving, and how he's doing more than the players who might be deemed in his way to an England shirt.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #18646 on: November 11, 2020, 08:53:25 PM »
When you read the guff that Southgate is spouting about Bellingham, it’s even more obvious that this is full of absolute shit when it comes to Jack.
I would not be surprised in the slightest if Bellingham got minutes tomorrow and Jack didn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54819958

Online steamer

« Reply #18647 on: November 11, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
Breaking news
Manchester Evening news
If Progba leaves Utd, they could make a bid for Jack Grealish
what a clickbait joke

Online steamer

« Reply #18648 on: November 11, 2020, 09:27:26 PM »
Best at his best was best.
those pitches, those tackles wow
what a life lived.

Offline exigo

« Reply #18649 on: November 11, 2020, 09:32:49 PM »
Best at his best was best.
those pitches, those tackles wow
what a life lived.

Did a photo shoot with him nearly 20 years ago. He had a real soft spot for Villa – "a proper club" in his own words.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 01.02.2022
« Reply #18650 on: November 11, 2020, 09:55:34 PM »
Breaking news
Manchester Evening news
what a clickbait joke
They - assisted by their friendly media - are desperate to remain relevant as the conversation passes them by and they fester in mid-table.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #18651 on: November 11, 2020, 10:14:19 PM »
Breaking news
Manchester Evening news
what a clickbait joke
They - assisted by their friendly media - are desperate to remain relevant as the conversation passes them by and they fester in mid-table.

The stupid thing is they’re most likely thinking “yeah, he probably is worth the £80m they wanted”.  Whereas Grealish is now looking at the £100m guy they were previously flirting with in his rear view mirror. 

He is, once again, worth more to us than any club would consider spending. Add in the fact that he was supposedly influential in attracting Barkley and his value, arguably, increases again. 

Online brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #18652 on: November 11, 2020, 10:19:40 PM »
It’s the fact that he has to tell us Jack is working his way up a list. Fuck off. I don’t recall the list Dier had to get up, or Maguire or that clown act we have in goal, or Mason Mount. Why does Jack have to climb an imaginary list?

Again, not defending Southgate, who I think has handled the Jack situation terribly - but Jack has Sterling, Rashford and Sancho to compete with for 2 spots.  It's probably the position with the most competition in the entire national set-up right now.  I think Jack's better than all of them, but I also have no issue with the England manager acknowledging it's a competitive spot, but that Jack is doing well to work his way into contention.  It's when he says it's competitive that's WHY Jack can't get in that causes me a problem.

Consider it against the calls last season, when Southgate simply said Jack was unfortunate that he had those three and others to compete against, and that's why he was missing out.  Now he's up there, and outperforming them domestically - and Southgate is recognising that.

I want Jack to start, and become the first name on the England teamsheet, but I also recognise it's going to take a while to displace players who have performed over the years for England  - it's not like Sterling and Rashford have suddenly turned shit.

I'm certainly more confident Jack will get his chance during this International break, and will almost certainly cement his place for the Euros.  The more he plays, the more he will demonstrate he belongs at this level. It's all a matter of time.

Southgate has also picked the likes of Foden, Mount and Greenwood ahead of Jack and went to great lengths to justify why they were ahead on the list......Southgate is nothing but a complete spoofer let's be honest particularly when it comes to Grealish

Looking at it somewhat rationally...Sure it's a competitive spot but:

- opposition drop deep so no space in behind for likes of Sterling and Rashford to run into (this was also a huge problem for Vardy at international level, cut down the space in behind and they become passengers, suspect it's the reason Sancho has struggled and Sterling struggled for a long time)
- with no space in behind you need guile in midfield where England have little or none (Hendo, Rice, Phillips, Winks), not one of them is capable of playing on the half turn so creating from open play is a big issue
- set pieces have proven the route to a lot of England's goals, need to win them in the right areas of the pitch

Add all that up and if Kane is a certainty then Jack shouldn't be far off, plus Sterling on the other side. That's an exceptional front three, all a bit different but with complementary skills.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #18653 on: November 11, 2020, 10:41:37 PM »
When you read the guff that Southgate is spouting about Bellingham, it’s even more obvious that this is full of absolute shit when it comes to Jack.
I would not be surprised in the slightest if Bellingham got minutes tomorrow and Jack didn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54819958

I'm just waiting for that prick Southgate to get the boot, mate. England will never win anything with him in charge, and the safety first, boredom brigade that he picks.

I also don't get the clamour for Sancho, Rashford and Sterling. They're all decent players, but don't do anything of note at international level.

As for that midfield, I'd give up on life if I had to watch that in the flesh. Rice, Dier, Phillips, Henderson, Winks....one paced, no ability to beat a man, phenomenally overrated. Midfield should be Grealish, Foden, Maddison.

Why is he even in charge of the England team???

Online algy

« Reply #18654 on: November 11, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »
Breaking news
Manchester Evening news
what a clickbait joke

The stupid thing is they’re most likely thinking “yeah, he probably is worth the £80m they wanted”.  Whereas Grealish is now looking at the £100m guy they were previously flirting with in his rear view mirror. 

He is, once again, worth more to us than any club would consider spending. Add in the fact that he was supposedly influential in attracting Barkley and his value, arguably, increases again.
I doubt we'd have sold him for £80m in the summer, and we certainly aren't going to be selling him for that now. This season he's looked even better with a higher quality of player around him. Who would you even replace a player like Jack with? It'd be a tricky job even if you were Real Madrid.

Which makes Southgate's choices even stranger. I don't understand why the team isn't being built around Harry Kane & Jack Grealish.  They're the two English players who to my mind would walk in to any team in the world.

Online TonyD

« Reply #18655 on: November 11, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
I think Jack will start against Belgium.   

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #18656 on: November 11, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
Gareth Southgate on Jack Grealish making a big impression: "I coudn't be happier with what he is doing. It is a really good moment for him and, for sure, he is going to play a big part for us this week."

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #18657 on: November 11, 2020, 11:59:21 PM »
Gareth Southgate on Jack Grealish making a big impression: "I coudn't be happier with what he is doing. It is a really good moment for him and, for sure, he is going to play a big part for us this week. Bringing Lucozades from the bench for Mason Mount during stoppages in play.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #18658 on: November 12, 2020, 03:33:21 AM »
Gareth Southgate on Jack Grealish making a big impression: "I coudn't be happier with what he is doing. It is a really good moment for him and, for sure, he is going to play a big part for us this week. Bringing Lucozades from the bench for Mason Mount during stoppages in play.

I intentionally didn’t quote the rest. There was also reference to foot massages and server of biscuits. I understand Mason Mount is quite a lover of Animal Crackers so Jack is on call to provide those as needed.

Offline Hillbilly

• It's parfull, so it is.
« Reply #18659 on: November 12, 2020, 05:09:50 AM »
I know i have said this a few times but just for the younger people out there that did not see George Best in his pomp

Watch this and think of Jack and how he plays - it is uncanny - the skill, the turn of speed, the feinting and dummying the way other players resort to hacking him and in an instant - he is past them and gone

I knew Jack was good but it is frightening just how good he is and even more how good he can become

It would have broke our hearts to see him playing for any other team in the division but especially them red bastards

Take into account the state of the pitches Best had to play on.  One of the finest I have ever seen.
I'm slightly biased by my green-tinted spectacles but he was the finest. Better than *insert name here* or anyone else. Sadly abused and misused, by himself in large part but there we are.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal