collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1391581 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #15225 on: July 10, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »
He'd do well in Spain
I said ages' ago that Real Madrid would be his ideal place to play. Not sure they will go for him now, but another Spanish club might work very well as a springboard to Real.
Hed be brilliant in Spain.

He loves Mallorca.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #15226 on: July 10, 2020, 10:36:53 PM »
Do they have a team in Ibiza?

Seriously though, his stock has fallen recently but I think that is much about clubs not wanting to pay so much for him but the stats don't lie.  Him and Buendia sit just behind De Bruyne for chances created. 

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #15227 on: July 10, 2020, 11:26:18 PM »
Grealish is a fantastic player and will no doubt do great things in his career but his leadership qualities have fallen well short of what was expected when the shit hit the fan for us this season, as far as I'm concerned, and there are obviously still questions about his character after (allegedly) getting into a car after partying all night and smashing into several parked vehicles in broad daylight before doing a runner.

If any other player in our squad had (allegedly) been involved in something like that, we would slaughter them on here, and rightly. The fact that he is still thought of so highly is truly a testament to his outstanding natural ability, but for me he is as culpable as the rest (minus Luiz perhaps) in letting the club down since Project Restart - on top of the reported shenanigans.

If this is how he leaves, it's a real shame for me. Just my opinion, mind, and I know many think the sun shines out of his arse regardless of what he does, but I'm really quite disappointed in him if we're being honest.

Edited: character*, not career.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:30:11 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #15228 on: July 10, 2020, 11:31:08 PM »
I can't fault him. A players form can drop and with that frustration sets in. He's one if us and for long periods we would not be where we are without him. I think those who want him dropped are mad, even out of form he's still one of our best players.

Yep.

Agree.

The points about him feeding off a crowd are valid. But also he has the criminal investigation hanging over him too. What with potential moves being bandied about as well, I suspect his head is all over the shop.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #15229 on: July 11, 2020, 01:20:43 AM »
He'd do well in Spain
I said ages' ago that Real Madrid would be his ideal place to play. Not sure they will go for him now, but another Spanish club might work very well as a springboard to Real.
Hed be brilliant in Spain.

He loves Mallorca.

Seemed to like Tenerife as well, if memory serves.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #15230 on: July 11, 2020, 07:57:55 AM »
Hes done more than anyone else to try and avoid it happening, but how many Villa players have been relegated twice? Steer I suppose this season, but presumably the only other time it would have happened would be 1970?

Offline supertom

« Reply #15231 on: July 11, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »
He's struggled with the pressure. He has the attention of the opposition. He gets no time, and unfortunately he, and the whole side know, that if Grealish isn't creating, no one else will. Stop Grealish, and we're fucked. He's consequently looked defeated every time we go behind. When there should be a bit more fight, he's not shown that either sadly, and if your captain gives up, the rest tend to follow.

He has relished being the superstar here, but there comes a point where you need help or you hit a bad run of form, which Jack has.

Is he good enough for Utd at this time? I don't think he gets into that side. He'd have to do a lot to take the place of any of their midfield or attack. I'm also curious to see how he plays as a cog in the machine, and not the focal point. Benteke struggled. Whereas you'd say Yorke and Young flourished (on the whole). Once he moves, he's no longer special. He's one of many decent players in a side. That could well make him pull his finger out and get a little more disciplined in performing a role but we'll see. I really don't want half of this season in a piss awful side to be the highlight of his career.

Offline frank black

« Reply #15232 on: July 11, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
The thought of him rocking up to Villa Park in a few years time and scoring a winner whilst apologising to the crowd is not something I wish to witness. Unless we have a team to be proud of and someone else to adore.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #15233 on: July 11, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
The thought of him rocking up to Villa Park in a few years time and scoring a winner whilst apologising to the crowd is not something I wish to witness. Unless we have a team to be proud of and someone else to adore.

Thats why Id love him to go to Italy or somewhere like that. Be a star for AC or Inter - slower paced game too.

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #15234 on: July 11, 2020, 03:50:04 PM »
{alt}
Grealish is a fantastic player and will no doubt do great things in his career but his leadership qualities have fallen well short of what was expected when the shit hit the fan for us this season, as far as I'm concerned, and there are obviously still questions about his character after (allegedly) getting into a car after partying all night and smashing into several parked vehicles in broad daylight before doing a runner.

If any other player in our squad had (allegedly) been involved in something like that, we would slaughter them on here, and rightly. The fact that he is still thought of so highly is truly a testament to his outstanding natural ability, but for me he is as culpable as the rest (minus Luiz perhaps) in letting the club down since Project Restart - on top of the reported shenanigans.

If this is how he leaves, it's a real shame for me. Just my opinion, mind, and I know many think the sun shines out of his arse regardless of what he does, but I'm really quite disappointed in him if we're being honest.

Edited: character*, not career.
Allegedly? He came out and apologised didn't he? Anyway now that we're all but down it's time for him to go. It's the right thing for all concerned in my view. Such a shame that it's come to this but
he will go down in folklore at VP and rightly so. Once more a rebuild is on the cards and his fee will be a massive boost as we can spend it all on new players due to the fact that he's one of our own. Who gets to spend the money is the million dollar question. I think our financial situation is going to be unique among relegated clubs with potentially a huge amount to throw at an immediate return. I'm aware that we aren't mathematically down yet but i can hear a fat lady gargling loudly in my head.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #15235 on: July 11, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »
Personally I think we need to be mentally ready not to get the figure we all thought we'd get for him a few months ago. This transfer window will be different in my opinion. My heart is saying 'yeah he's well worth 80mil' but my head thinks somewhere between 50 and 60 will be the likely fee.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #15236 on: July 17, 2020, 11:16:38 PM »
@BBCSport
Garth Crooks has named his Premier League Team of the Week.

https://bbc.in/2B9J2vP

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #15237 on: July 17, 2020, 11:17:47 PM »
Seriously? He's gone right off the boil for me since lockdown.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #15238 on: July 17, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »
He wasn't bad against Everton. Looked more dangerous than he had lately. I can't really comment on whether he should have been in the team of the week as I haven't been watching the other games.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #15239 on: July 17, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »
Seriously? He's gone right off the boil for me since lockdown.

Mr Crooks writes:

Grealish: I can't imagine the anguish Jack Grealish must be going through. He's the captain of his team, playing for his boyhood club and fighting for Premier League survival. I don't think he could have done any more to win the game for Aston Villa against Everton. The midfielder put the ball on a plate for Anwar El Ghazi to score.

Any striker with an ounce of conviction would have put the ball in the back of the net. However this has been the story of Aston Villa's season. They simply haven't been ruthless in the opposition's penalty area. Villa have two games left and a possible winner-takes-all fixture away at West Ham on the last day of the season.

If Villa lose either of these games, Grealish must walk.

Did you know? Grealish has scored more goals (7), provided more assists (6) and created more chances (87) than any other Villa player in the Premier League this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal