collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Toronto Villa
[Today at 02:16:10 AM]

Re: Reserves, Academy and Women 2020/21 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:52:48 AM]

Re: Relegation Watch by wince
[Today at 01:20:09 AM]

Re: Relegation Watch by SoccerHQ
[Today at 01:18:43 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by wince
[Today at 01:17:27 AM]

Re: Relegation Watch by SoccerHQ
[Today at 01:15:07 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by SoccerHQ
[Today at 01:08:22 AM]

Re: Relegation Watch by Villan82
[Today at 12:50:28 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1344210 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #14550 on: May 20, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
I just hope that the upcoming collapse in the transfer market means he won't be moving.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #14551 on: May 20, 2020, 09:38:39 PM »
We had one of the highest infected per capita rate - but we have found out we are immune due to whale meat 😎

Good for you and your kind Edvard thanks for getting back on message board .
Best wishes over there!

Point taken on Grealish and moving on we can all see as he's been tweeting and saying he's back training and buzzing to be back.
He can now stick to what he's good at!

Cheers up the villa .

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #14552 on: May 21, 2020, 03:10:30 AM »
Cannot believe he’s been tweeting whilst training.  Look at other captains.  They don’t do this sort of th.....

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #14553 on: May 21, 2020, 08:07:28 AM »
Moving on......definitely an interesting beard and hair combo Jack!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14554 on: May 21, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »
Some people are really struggling with hair dressers closed.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #14555 on: May 23, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
Same here -Carol had to do mine!

Offline geolex

« Reply #14556 on: May 24, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »
If we have any chance of getting £80 million, I'd take it and rebuild without having to worry about the 'fairness' of our financial arrangements.

So long as Suso isn't involved.

As for Jack being the 'best player in a Villa shirt' that many have seen, I suppose many posters on here were not about during the Little/Cowans/Shaw/Gidman era. Even less so than when Bruce Rioch was King of VP.

Ah Bruce Rioch  now there was  quality ,my favourite all time villa player

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #14557 on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
We had one of the highest infected per capita rate - but we have found out we are immune due to whale meat 😎
Fancy taking the Famous war time Vera Lyn song as your National Anthem.

Whale Meat Again.

Disappointing it wasn't something by Bob Marley and the Whalers.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #14558 on: June 03, 2020, 03:14:21 AM »
From the Guardian :
 ‘I am a footballer but I’m still human. We all make mistakes’
The Aston Villa captain opens up about his lockdown incident and how the club are set on staying up for the memory of Dean Smith’s father

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/02/jack-grealish-aston-villa-mistakes-premier-league

Very good to hear.
And also very good to confirm what I said about Smith seeing something in Grealish and that Smith would have undoubtedly seen Grealish right from his crime.

I think this article , although we can never forget how Grealish dishonest and dishonour the whole club , it now  helps a lot to move on from the whole sordid Covid affair to hear him understand and keep his head down and behave off field. And that Dean Smith would have had strong words

Excited to see him and mcginn back and have to see was annoyingly funny to read Grealish say Mcginn gets kicked a lot too

Up the villa
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:51:34 AM by Vill I An »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #14559 on: June 03, 2020, 04:20:44 AM »
'Dishonest and dishonour the whole club'....

You're living on another planet, footy.

Offline algy

« Reply #14560 on: June 03, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »
From the Guardian :
 ‘I am a footballer but I’m still human. We all make mistakes’
The Aston Villa captain opens up about his lockdown incident and how the club are set on staying up for the memory of Dean Smith’s father

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/02/jack-grealish-aston-villa-mistakes-premier-league

Thanks for posting the link, it's a good read. Jack sounds like he's in the right frame of mind for a relegation battle, which is promising.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #14561 on: June 03, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
He’s live on Talk Sport, talking to Laura Woods, at 9.30am this morning

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #14562 on: June 03, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »
Border Villan informs me that there's a two page spread on Grealish in the Times today.

It's behind a paywall.

Can anybody copy and paste the article onto H&V?

I expect it will be much the same as the piece in the Guardian.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #14563 on: June 03, 2020, 11:07:47 AM »
A good read that, thanks for psoting, plus the McGinn article that was already on there.  It sounds like they are up for it, let's just hope the defence is up for it too!!

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #14564 on: June 03, 2020, 11:30:51 AM »
A good read that, thanks for psoting, plus the McGinn article that was already on there.  It sounds like they are up for it, let's just hope the defence is up for it too!!
Border Villan informs me that there's a two page spread on Grealish in the Times today.

It's behind a paywall.

Can anybody copy and paste the article onto H&V?

I expect it will be much the same as the piece in the Guardian.

At 3.01pm on March 28, the Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish tweeted a video urging his near 300,000 followers to “only leave your house to buy food, to buy medicine or to exercise. This is urgent. Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.” The clip was viewed 700,000 times. Grealish was praised for playing his part in lockdown during the pandemic, encouraging everyone to stay indoors. Two days later, at 5.12pm, a contrite Grealish posted a video apologising for breaking lockdown after making the front pages having been partying at a friend’s house and then pictured standing outside his damaged car. The clip was viewed 2.9 million times, and there was little sympathy to be found among the 7,800 replies. Yesterday Grealish was again training hard at Bodymoor Heath, and willingly taking a phone call to discuss the incident and how hard he is working to make amends. He has been playing superbly this season, scoring at Old Trafford, guiding Villa to the Carabao Cup final, and being talked of as potential England material. “I knew straight away that I had to come out and apologise myself,” the 24-year-old said. “I didn’t want to hide behind a club statement. I’m old enough now and mature enough to know that I’d done wrong. Since then I’ve tried to keep my head down, work hard and do as much charitable work as possible. I raised money for the NHS by raffling off my shirt I wore in the game against Birmingham City [at St Andrew’s in the Championship last year].” That shirt, in which he scored the winner, raised £55,000. He also made a private donation to Birmingham Children’s Hospital. “I know I’m a footballer but I’m still human and we all make mistakes and straight away I knew I’d made a mistake,” he said. “I’m also a role model as well to a lot of people out there, especially young children who might look up to me. I try to act in a respectable manner. I respect my job, and absolutely love what I do.” The pandemic’s brutal personal cost was felt by all at Villa Park last week when Dean Smith’s father Ron, who had been in a care home with dementia, succumbed to Covid-19. “I always asked him every day how his dad was getting on,” Grealish said. “When the news came it was devastating for him and his family. We as players have tried to be there for him and tried to help him. “I’m sure we all want to avoid relegation even more now, for the Smith family.” Grealish is close to Smith. “The manager has been a massive influence on me,” he said. “Him making me captain speaks volumes of how much he trusts me and thinks of me. I see him as a father figure, I can go and speak to him about anything. I feel that’s the same with him a bit; he can ask me about what I’m feeling about training, matches. I’ve played the best football of my career since he got appointed.” Smith’s assistant, John Terry, the former Chelsea and England captain, has been similarly influential. “I always remember when he signed for Villa, I was so nervous at my first training session because I wanted to impress him so bad,” Grealish said. “For about a week I was absolutely terrible and I was thinking, ‘He thinks I’m crap, he does.’ But since then he’s helped me so much on and off the field. JT is the perfect mentor I could have. He’s had ups and downs in his career and it’s probably a bit like mine at the moment. “He’s probably the best Premier League captain there has ever been so for me to be one of the youngest captains in the Premier League, he’s always there telling me what I can do to improve my game.” He cannot wait for Project Restart to get under way, for football to return against Sheffield United at Villa Park on June 17, and the campaign to elevate Villa from 19th. “Certainly having John McGinn back [after injury] will be an absolutely massive boost,” Grealish said. “The first thing he brings is absolute class. He also brings energy. “I don’t feel targeted but when he got injured I felt I was the most kicked player on the team. Having him back will help me because he gets kicked a lot as well. I’ve been watching a lot of the Bundesliga and there’s been a few hefty challenges going in and that’s exactly what the Premier League will be like as well. Everyone will come back raring to go. “As soon as we got the heads-up to say we could play again and start training I was the first back in, I was desperate to get back. Everything we have been doing has been with huge safety precautions. I have seen Andros Townsend come out and say we probably have the safest workplace in the world at the moment. I completely agree with that. We are getting tested twice a week for coronavirus and getting temperature-tested every single day. Everything has been top notch.” As they return to games behind closed doors, with every word audible to the viewing millions, Grealish is expecting conversations about swearing. “I’m sure in the next week or so we’ll get a lot of talks and messages off the PFA and the Premier League to tell us what we need to be careful of doing,” he said. “These games will be getting watched all over the world and with kids watching we will need to be careful with what we say.” He is relaxed about artificial crowd noise. “I’d be fine with it. I see myself as quite a laid-back person.” He will miss the crowd, opposing fans as well as Villa’s. “I love when people are on my back and targeting me,” he said. “I always remember when I was a kid — and I am not saying I am anywhere near his level — but Cristiano Ronaldo used to come to Villa [with Manchester United] and the fans used to absolutely cane him. “It used to make me and my dad laugh — obviously I’d never cane him because I used to look up to him. He used to thrive off it and that is what I try to do. I try to thrive off the hatred from the fans. When it comes to the home games I get a lot of love off the Villa fans. I also thrive off that. It will be different having no fans there. “I have played with a few players in my time who were unbelievable in training, the best I have ever played with but couldn’t really cut it on a match day. There are definitely some players out there who will thrive off the fact there are no fans. But saying that, once the Premier League is back on TV, everyone in the world will be watching.” Amid all the talks about protocols and how football would return, all that Grealish was mainly concerned about was that it would, and that they would not resort to a points-per-game system of deciding the outcome of the season. “That is the only thing I’ve been worried about the whole time, the fact we could have been relegated without getting to finish the season,” he said. “At least now we are back in the running.” He knows the England manager, Gareth Southgate, will be tuning in. A first England cap remains in the forefront of Grealish’s mind. “A million per cent. There were times when I was playing in the Championship it looked quite far away. But I have always believed in myself and knew that once I was back playing in the Premier League and to the best of my ability, I would get my chance, hopefully. “In November I got injured against Man City and was out for three weeks and didn’t come back until after the international break. In March I did not know what was going to happen but the virus obviously stopped everything. Who knows if I would have been called up or not? All I can do is start the way I was playing before and hopefully next season when the internationals come back around I will be back in with a shout.” There is always talk of whether it should be Grealish or Leicester City’s James Maddison to augment England’s creative midfield options. “Me and Madders have said so many times we think we could definitely play together,” he said. “I think we would be brilliant together. Hopefully in the future that can happen.” Grealish made a bad mistake at the start of lockdown, and wants to remind everyone of his quality. “My season has been very good. Without sounding arrogant or big-headed I had no doubts I would come into this league and perform the way I have done.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal