collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1302916 times)

Offline BoVillan esq

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #13380 on: February 22, 2020, 09:10:52 PM »
The woman behind me must have shouted about Grealish being shit about 15 times today.

Today wasn't good for Jack, but he was still the ONLY player we had who looked like he could create something. By 70 minutes, he looked completely deflated, the world on his shoulders.

He nearly walked straight off without acknowledging the fans and started to get booed.

I looked at this woman and just thought, we have some depressingly shit fans, we really do. We'll miss him when he's being world class for someone else.

That's incredible, at some point she's probably thrown her knickers at him....He chucked them back, grudge.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #13381 on: February 22, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »
The woman behind me must have shouted about Grealish being shit about 15 times today.

Today wasn't good for Jack, but he was still the ONLY player we had who looked like he could create something. By 70 minutes, he looked completely deflated, the world on his shoulders.

He nearly walked straight off without acknowledging the fans and started to get booed.

I looked at this woman and just thought, we have some depressingly shit fans, we really do. We'll miss him when he's being world class for someone else.

That's incredible, at some point she's probably thrown her knickers at him....He chucked them back, grudge.

Less a pair of knickers, more an Attwools Marquee tent.

Honestly, not sure how I kept my cool today. I did mention quite loudly, and very sarcastically that we should take him and drop him to see how we get on.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #13382 on: February 22, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »
The most frustrating thing about this year for me is that we have produced a once-in-a-generation player who is genuine class and a villa fan to boot.

The odds of having a player that good are slim and the odds of them having a connection to the club are even slimmer. Usually those kind of players are looking for the 'big move'. Chances are, the next 'Grealish' type player that comes into the club will be a Yorke or a Barry who would ditch us for something better just when we are on the verge of big things ourselves.

All we had to do this season was stay up and build the team around him for a push at being a force again. Him being a genuine quality player AND a villa fan was like a 'cheat card' for us. It was a ticket to skipping a couple of steps on the way to being a top half and then a potential top 6 club.

For me, this season has been a real disappointment. The prospect of going down and losing this boy, and the club being so damn flippant about our chances in the January window, is a real tough pill to swallow.

Agree with every single word.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #13383 on: February 22, 2020, 10:04:43 PM »
Buying wank like Reina, Baston and Drinkwater in January when the side needed a proper kick up the arse and some pace and power injected is what will we to us losing Jack and having to watch shite like Jota playing against Reading next season.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #13384 on: February 22, 2020, 10:16:32 PM »
Buying wank like Reina, Baston and Drinkwater in January when the side needed a proper kick up the arse and some pace and power injected is what will we to us losing Jack and having to watch shite like Jota playing against Reading next season.

Reina has been pretty good overall and Baston has played a grand total of 18 minutes, but yeah, ‘wank’.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #13385 on: February 22, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »

Agreed, our recruitment has been desperate. With the likes of Grealish, and to a lesser extent McGinn and Mings, I thought we would give it a real go this season. Sheffield United have shown up the supposed quality in the division for what it is.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #13386 on: February 22, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »

Reina has been pretty good overall and Baston has played a grand total of 18 minutes, but yeah, ‘wank’.

We didn't need another goal keeper or forward that wasn't required by a championship side. We had other, glaring, deficiencies. The January window was by and large abysmal.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #13387 on: February 22, 2020, 10:35:38 PM »

January is a wank month for recruitment but concentrating solely on us, fuck me that is horrible recruitment.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #13388 on: February 22, 2020, 10:45:50 PM »

Agreed, our recruitment has been desperate. With the likes of Grealish, and to a lesser extent McGinn and Mings, I thought we would give it a real go this season. Sheffield United have shown up the supposed quality in the division for what it is.

Sheffield United are a different case to us for many reason though. They were in a much better position to play a coherent, settled staring eleven throughout the season. They also didn’t lost three key players to major injuries within a week of each other.

Also, Norwich finished above us both and, using a similar transfer strategy to Sheffield United, are currently rock bottom.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #13389 on: February 22, 2020, 10:50:10 PM »
I wouldnt take a single player off Sheffield United from the begining of the season, How many of those would get in our squad?? Wilder is a fucking brilliant manager who has those players drilled to know that formation and their role to te minutest of detail.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #13390 on: February 22, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »
Difference with us and Shef United
1)They build a squad and system over a number of years
2)Wilder is a better coach than Smith

Offline Luke8

« Reply #13391 on: February 22, 2020, 11:13:10 PM »
I wouldnt take a single player off Sheffield United from the begining of the season, How many of those would get in our squad?? Wilder is a fucking brilliant manager who has those players drilled to know that formation and their role to te minutest of detail.

Wilder is an excellent manager but they also finished 13 points ahead of us last season and had the benefit of not having to rebuilt pretty much their entire squad. And there are definitely some players that would get into our squad.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #13392 on: February 22, 2020, 11:18:49 PM »

Wilder is an excellent manager but they also finished 13 points ahead of us last season and had the benefit of not having to rebuilt pretty much their entire squad. And there are definitely some players that would get into our squad.

I genuinly wouldnt, Wilder has players playing to there utmost potential, Berge is fucking briliantt but joined them. In January, Basham, O'Connell, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood etc wouldnt be out of place in a Championship team. Wilder has them so drilled in what they have to do and what he expects off them. For me he is the manager of the year.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #13393 on: February 22, 2020, 11:20:53 PM »

We didn't need another goal keeper or forward that wasn't required by a championship side. We had other, glaring, deficiencies. The January window was by and large abysmal.

I’d argue that given both our first and second choice goalkeepers were injured long term meant that a goalkeeper was required. And Davis getting injured again has shown why we needed Baston.

We were clearly restricted by financial fair play and the limitation of the mid-season market when it came to these signings. I think it’s too early to definitively judge these players at the moment personally but certainly Reina and Samatta look good to me so far.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #13394 on: February 22, 2020, 11:25:26 PM »

I genuinly wouldnt, Wilder has players playing to there utmost potential, Berge is fucking briliantt but joined them. In January, Basham, O'Connell, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood etc wouldnt be out of place in a Championship team. Wilder has them so drilled in what they have to do and what he expects off them. For me he is the manager of the year.

I reckon you could say the same about several of our players though - Hause, Konsa, Hourihane, Nakamba, Trezeguet at least could arguably be put into that category.

I agree that the system they play and Wilder is key to getting the best out of their team though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal