collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1248812 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 26.01.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #13365 on: February 17, 2020, 12:46:29 PM »
Can i also add his captaincy performance is also becoming a real boost for us. His consoling of Engels at the end was terrific bit of man management

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #13366 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:53 PM »
Can i also add his captaincy performance is also becoming a real boost for us. His consoling of Engels at the end was terrific bit of man management

I saw that too, top man.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #13367 on: February 17, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »
... And if we go down .... we lose a few players other than Jack which is inevitable....
True - some should be got rid of anyway (Yes, Ange, I'm looking at you). Wesley and Luiz would, I guess, also disappear.
If we go down, I'd imagine that:
- we'll hang on to Nakamba, Samatta, AEG, Konsa, Engels, Hause, Nyland, Guilbert, Trezeguet
- I imagine Hourihane, Elmo, Davis, Steer, Baston will stick around if we want them
- O'Hare will be brought in to play the Grealish role
- Ramsey will play a key part in attacking MF
- we'll be looking for Barry, Archer and Vassilev to step up.

Don't know whether Targett and Taylor will stay and I sssume Mings, Heaton and McGinn will want to go.

We would have the bones of a very good squad - with some additions to make at full back and midfield - and, ironically, could be in much better shape than when we came up in 2019.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #13368 on: February 17, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »

I don't know why ... but i've got an awful feeling we haven't put a lot of wage drop clauses into contracts if we get relegated. And if we haven't we're going to be in a mess once again. Someone assure me we have please

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13369 on: February 17, 2020, 03:49:20 PM »
It's pretty standard for every club to have them. Arsenal have them, even Chevrolet have them in their sponsorship deal with Manure.

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #13370 on: February 19, 2020, 09:07:01 PM »
Just started working with some mancs most of whom are manure fans and they’re actually sound enough as it goes ie they actually watch football. BUT on the subject of jack one told me today he doesn’t rate him, not the finished article and he’d rather have Maddison. So there you have it.

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #13371 on: February 19, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »
Just started working with some mancs most of whom are manure fans and they’re actually sound enough as it goes ie they actually watch football. BUT on the subject of jack one told me today he doesn’t rate him, not the finished article and he’d rather have Maddison. So there you have it.

I’d rather they have Maddison as well.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #13372 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »
I'd rather we have Maddison as well.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13373 on: February 20, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »

Easy to say when you know you have no chance of signing Jack.
I'd rather have Reading's Omar Richards than Barca's Junior Firpo to replace Targett in the summer.

Jack would have to have a poor end of season to end up next season at the Plastics.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:17:59 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #13374 on: February 20, 2020, 02:01:32 PM »

Easy to say when you know you have no chance of signing Jack.
I'd rather have Reading's Omar Richards rather than Barca's Junior Firpo to replace Targett in the summer.

He doesn't rate him, laughable, not the finished article?? yeah right, hope not, because he's only going to get better.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012

Offline Villan82

« Reply #13376 on: February 22, 2020, 07:48:18 PM »
The most frustrating thing about this year for me is that we have produced a once-in-a-generation player who is genuine class and a villa fan to boot.

The odds of having a player that good are slim and the odds of them having a connection to the club are even slimmer. Usually those kind of players are looking for the 'big move'. Chances are, the next 'Grealish' type player that comes into the club will be a Yorke or a Barry who would ditch us for something better just when we are on the verge of big things ourselves.

All we had to do this season was stay up and build the team around him for a push at being a force again. Him being a genuine quality player AND a villa fan was like a 'cheat card' for us. It was a ticket to skipping a couple of steps on the way to being a top half and then a potential top 6 club.

For me, this season has been a real disappointment. The prospect of going down and losing this boy, and the club being so damn flippant about our chances in the January window, is a real tough pill to swallow.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:52:32 PM by Villan82 »

Offline ez

« Reply #13377 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »
Grealish is world class. To stand any chance of keeping him we  need to be in the champions league and we look a million miles from that at the moment.

Online hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #13378 on: February 22, 2020, 08:03:14 PM »
Grealish is world class. To stand any chance of keeping him we  need to be in the champions league and we look a million miles from that at the moment.
We're not going to be in the champions league for a good few years, at least.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 14.06.2019
« Reply #13379 on: February 22, 2020, 08:46:31 PM »
The woman behind me must have shouted about Grealish being shit about 15 times today.

Today wasn't good for Jack, but he was still the ONLY player we had who looked like he could create something. By 70 minutes, he looked completely deflated, the world on his shoulders.

He nearly walked straight off without acknowledging the fans and started to get booed.

I looked at this woman and just thought, we have some depressingly shit fans, we really do. We'll miss him when he's being world class for someone else.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:57:08 PM by CT »