collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

January Transfer Window by Risso
[Today at 12:55:56 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Lsvilla
[Today at 12:30:50 PM]

Penalty taker by Risso
[Today at 12:14:40 PM]

The Running thread by Risso
[Today at 11:50:27 AM]

Aston Villa vs Newcastle Utd pre-match thread (POSTPONED) by olaftab
[Today at 10:58:19 AM]

I know this is REALLY fucking stupid, however... by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:31:02 AM]

The Squad - Upgrades/Additions Needed? by brontebilly
[Today at 10:20:36 AM]

Expected goals by paul_e
[Today at 10:04:30 AM]

November 30, 2020, 02:14:45 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 231 | Comments: 2

It was a very good year. It wa...
November 28, 2020, 04:35:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 218 | Comments: 0

Long -time H&V stalwart Simon ...
November 26, 2020, 05:50:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 852 | Comments: 13

Coming to Villa Park in Octobe...
November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 623 | Comments: 4

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 503 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish - for life?  (Read 1616410 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #12330 on: December 04, 2019, 02:55:56 PM »
As much as I'd like to keep him and hope we will, if he keeps this level of performance up he'll be gone eventually.

Not if we as a club keep improving he won't.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #12331 on: December 04, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »
Come the summer I hope Jack isn't our best player, just one of them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #12332 on: December 04, 2019, 09:37:14 PM »
An off night for Jack tonight.  Couldn't affect things at all, and if Southgate was watching, tonight won't have helped his England chances very much.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #12333 on: December 04, 2019, 09:52:04 PM »
He had his moments. Started well and was derailed by the referee ludicrously deciding not to give him a foul when body checked on the edge of their box. Then again, he could have been booked for a silly push later in the half.

Chelsea did a good job of getting two or three players on him all the time, Kante and Willian were very good, in particular. Other midfielders need to create more to take advantage when the opposition are doubling up on Jack.

He also might still be carrying a slight knock. I noticed him quaffing down some pills on his way on to the pitch.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:53:50 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12334 on: December 04, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »
He had his moments. Started well and was derailed by the referee ludicrously deciding not to give him a foul when body checked on the edge of their box. Then again, he could have been booked for a silly push later in the half.

Chelsea did a good job of getting two or three players on him all the time, Kante and Willian were very good, in particular. Other midfielders need to create more to take advantage when the opposition are doubling up on Jack.

He also might still be carrying a slight knock. I noticed him quaffing down some pills on his way on to the pitch.

I felt like quaffing some watching that game so not surpprised he needed some to play in it.

Offline Risso

« Reply #12335 on: December 04, 2019, 10:02:55 PM »
He's better when Luiz plays, as he's the other player in the team who opposition teams worry about on the ball.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2021
« Reply #12336 on: December 04, 2019, 10:03:01 PM »
We have such a massive over-reliance on Jack.  He is the only player of real class that we currently have and I agree with Rudy, I hope, come the summer, he is ONE of the class players.  We need more from some of the others around him.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #12337 on: December 04, 2019, 10:04:46 PM »
An off night for Jack tonight.  Couldn't affect things at all, and if Southgate was watching, tonight won't have helped his England chances very much.

key to our equaliser and any constructive football we managed all night

Offline Risso

« Reply #12338 on: December 04, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

key to our equaliser and any constructive football we managed all night

Yes he was our best player, but miles off the standard of the last couple of games.  Mainly because of those around him rather than any fault of his own though.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12339 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:40 PM »
As much as I'd like to keep him and hope we will, if he keeps this level of performance up he'll be gone eventually.

Not if we as a club keep improving he won't.

Well the standard a decade ago was top 4 and we lost Barry, Milner and Young because we couldn't provide them with it.

Can see Jack staying here for another 2 years but tough to see us reaching that level that quickly unless we sign unbelievably well He'll be 26 and of the standard where he'll want to test himself at that level.

Him getting regularly called up for England probably won't help us in the long term as Barry's mindset changed when he started getting a regular game. Saw the vast majority in the squad were playing CL football and suddenly europa league wasn't enough for him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12340 on: December 04, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »
I don't think we'll be challenging for CL spots anytime soon tbh. Fair play to the optimists, but I found out some time ago that nothing is fair and hope is a lie.

If you're not vaguely optimistic I don't understand what pleasure you get from being a Villa fan tbh. Esp given the last few years!

Well we were promised the world from the mouth of Krulak in the Lerner era, didn't play a single minute of CL football, gave up the europa when we were in the knock outs, didn't win a cup (did come close a few times), suddenly start selling off pretty much every single exciting player we had and replaced them with randoms from league 1-2, made arguably the most baffling managerial appointment in our history and stunk out the premier league for four seasons. Apart from that though it was alright!

I'm firmly on Stu's side. That dosen't mean I didn't enjoy last season or most of this season and I believe we can rise further to challenge for 6th in the near future.

Thinking we're a year or two off CL is a bit naive imo. Leicester won the actual league and it's taken them four seasons to build another team capable of finishing top 4.

Not just players but it would require more of a positive mindset out on the players. One thing we did well under MON for two years was we frequently got points off the better teams home and away, you need that to finish top 4 as Leicester are showing and we're some way off doing that on a regular basis.

Anyway one thing I'd love these owners to do is to go out and get a major player from a rival. It's what teams were doing to us a decade ago. Could we go to Wolves and sign a Neves or Raul Jimenez for 60m? Both would massively improve our 11 but I just don't see it as realistic, I'm sure plenty on here will disagree though!

That's one thing we hardly did in the first part of the Lerner reign. Darren Bent was the only example of a proven international premier league player we signed from a team above us and even then it was only really to stay up rather than push to qualify for europe again.

Hopefully at least in that regard we can start making serious waves that will make the league sit up and take proper notice.

Offline GXVilla

« Reply #12341 on: December 04, 2019, 11:37:19 PM »
James was fantastic tonight and largely snuffed Grealish our but their fans still panicked every time he got the ball which shows how highly he is rated. Referees still need to help him more. 3 fouls by Kante and no booking.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #12342 on: December 05, 2019, 12:41:44 AM »
Chelsea  stats
 *Attacking goal threat and Assists watch *
Goals 0
Big Chances 0
Shots 0
Shots in box 0
On Target 0
Touches Total: 61
Opponents Half: 48
Penalty Area Touches:0
Fouls won 7
Chances created 1
Big chances created 0
Assists 0
Crosses 7
Corners taken 4

Pretty poor in an attacking sense by Jack Grealish tonight
No shots
Little chances created and didn't get in the plenty area

The consistency is needed and despite Jack being well involved for the goal and doing a great tackle on Reece James battling to get the ball his overall influence in the match wasn't as strong as his last 2 matches

Offline themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #12343 on: December 05, 2019, 12:48:40 AM »
He looked too deep and too wide tonight. Itís a shame he was wiped out when he was making that run through defense.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #12344 on: December 05, 2019, 12:53:45 AM »
Good on Dean Smith mentioning that Grealish needs more protection from referees. If a Man U or Liverpool starlet received the same abuse that he does, our media would be organising lynch mobs for the opposition.

Hopefully once he gets in the England team he will get more decisions, that seems to be the way it has gone in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal