collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1301501 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #10620 on: April 20, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »
If and when you are let out early, surely its under some sort of conditions ? If you tell the world it was the best 4 weeks of your life then why cant  they recall the fucker to prison for breach of something or other?

if it was his best 4 weeks- why did he not refuse to leave and stay for another 10?

To be fair if I lived in a flat in the arse end of Rubery and was a 20 year season ticket holder at The Sty, a month in prison would be the best 4 weeks of my life too

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #10621 on: April 20, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »
He is dragging us back up to the Premier League.

He's been unbelievable since he came back from injury.

Keep it up Jack.

Online wittonwarrior

« Reply #10622 on: April 20, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
Would wait till we are bashing Millwall, sub him and bring him back for the playoffs

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #10623 on: April 20, 2019, 03:57:31 PM »
Would wait till we are bashing Millwall, sub him and bring him back for the playoffs

That is the natural instinct isn't it, but the only thing I fear is a loss of momentum at the final (and most critical) point.  A group that wins 9 on the bounce has a team spirit that almost gives you another player.  See Cardiff last year - a bunch of Championship journeymen playing at a collective level that only comes from playing and winning. 

We're a different prospect to Cardiff of course, in that we have a group which includes some genuinely great players at this level (and one, maybe two or three that will standout in the level above too).  So, really tough call to make. Over to you Mr Smith!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #10624 on: April 21, 2019, 08:23:36 AM »
Id be rotating people in during the last couple of games, as we might need them in the play-offs.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10625 on: April 21, 2019, 11:26:48 PM »
Last time we lost with Jack in the team was October 26th at QPR. 14 unbeaten since then with him playing, W12 D2, the 2 draws should have been wins as well. Doesn't prove anything, I just thought it was interesting.

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #10626 on: April 22, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »
That moment today when it looked like he was going to get his pocket picked and he seemed to move away from the player while retrieving the ball from behind himself. Hes got insane skills.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #10627 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:34 PM »
I see that Jack is being linked with Crystal Palace as Zaha's replacement by the Daily Mail.  Nice of the press to start to attempt the unsettling process before we get in to the play off's.  I'm sure Jack has better suitors than Palace if he were to leave, and I am not convinced that he will leave, even if we don't go up this season.  Next will be that Leicester will be prepared to pay 2.3million for Jack McGinn or that Frederic Guilbert is refusing to leave France because our French bread isn't of the same quality.  Newspapers= pish!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #10628 on: April 22, 2019, 11:25:19 PM »
When we go up our new owners will buy Crystal Palace and turn the ground into a car park.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #10629 on: April 22, 2019, 11:27:07 PM »
When we go up our new owners will buy Crystal Palace and turn the ground into a car park.

Where's that damn 'like' button?

Offline mike

« Reply #10630 on: April 22, 2019, 11:32:43 PM »
I see that Jack is being linked with Crystal Palace as Zaha's replacement by the Daily Mail.  Nice of the press to start to attempt the unsettling process before we get in to the play off's.  I'm sure Jack has better suitors than Palace if he were to leave, and I am not convinced that he will leave, even if we don't go up this season.  Next will be that Leicester will be prepared to pay 2.3million for Jack McGinn or that Frederic Guilbert is refusing to leave France because our French bread isn't of the same quality.  Newspapers= pish!

If we don't go up, I think we're all resigned to the fact that Jack will go. However, it will not be to Crystal Palace. I am not naive but I don't think that Jack will leave Aston Villa for less than, say, Everton. Even then, I think he'd think hard.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #10631 on: April 22, 2019, 11:53:18 PM »
That moment today when it looked like he was going to get his pocket picked and he seemed to move away from the player while retrieving the ball from behind himself. Hes got insane skills.
Insane skills,indeed.The most skilful Villa player I've seen ,edging ahead of Sid and Sir Brian.,
Can be frustrating in that he doesn't often play at a fast tempo which would cause the opposition more problems,not allowing them to regroup, and create more goal scoring opportunities for himself and be noticed more by Southgate.
Having said that,his change of pace from a leisurely stroll as in the last few minutes when he was brought down just outside the box is typical of great South American players and I've rarely seen in British players.
A genius.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10632 on: April 22, 2019, 11:57:23 PM »
He'll move to the top flight for the money, we don't pay him enough to buy new boots.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #10633 on: April 23, 2019, 12:03:23 AM »
Lucky boots. 10 straight wins. Wear them until they disintegrate. His last kick as his 25 yard screamer nestles in the top corner of the net. The final goal in a 5-0 win. And if he's wearing the same socks and gitch he should keep them too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:05:59 AM by Toronto Villa »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #10634 on: April 23, 2019, 09:52:45 AM »
Insane skills,indeed.The most skilful Villa player I've seen ,edging ahead of Sid and Sir Brian.,
Can be frustrating in that he doesn't often play at a fast tempo which would cause the opposition more problems,not allowing them to regroup, and create more goal scoring opportunities for himself and be noticed more by Southgate.
Having said that,his change of pace from a leisurely stroll as in the last few minutes when he was brought down just outside the box is typical of great South American players and I've rarely seen in British players.
A genius.

Change of pace is, generally, more useful than top speed and Grealish is great at accelerating away from tackles and because he commits people they don't often get up and catch him. It's why he's so good to watch because that ability to drift away from tackles is so natural to him, it's why I keep saying he reminds me of Zidane who was an absolute master of it. What Zidane added was a massive set of flicks and tricks to give him an extra way to 'beat' his man if he was struggling to get away from them but that only really came into his game in his late 20s.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal