collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albrighton Going to Leicester  (Read 83685 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Current state of affairs
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
A very original post by Villafirst. Well done.

I'm sorry, I forgot what great management we have at the club....you know the drill "Proud history, bright future"

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
It looks as if we are realizing funds attached to certain players we already have.

Then there is the spending on players we don't have, which has still to happen. It needs to happen, to keep us in the scheme of premiership clubs who contend. Who's coming in, Randy?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 09:57:42 PM »
A very original post by Villafirst. Well done.

I'm sorry, I forgot what great management we have at the club....you know the drill "Proud history, bright future"

I think you'll find that one's been used a few times as well.

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
Albrighton is the only crosser of the ball we have, and no one else offers what he does. He's not a world beater but how much will it cost to buy a player of similar standard? Madness, absolute madness. Whose decision is this? I was just enjoying not thinking about Villa and then they go and fuck my evening up once again.  Thanks.

I reckon you could get a much better player for £35K a week.
For how many million?

How much do you reckon Jack Grealish will cost?

That was my 1st thought, Grealish, Samir, Johnson and Robinson have to step up now, is Marc better then these players? Only time will tell but are all 4 on more then 35k together? Unlikely. Going to miss him but he's no Ronaldo or Bale and from what i've seen Grealish has a lot more ability.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »
Sure I read they were both on about £5k a week at villa. No way is Albs worth £35k a week , Fonz I still think never got a proper lengthy run to show what he can do

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
The fonz had 2 lengthy spells at championship and league 1 teams....and still didn't score....£250k a year...not bad!

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »
Sure I read they were both on about £5k a week at villa. No way is Albs worth £35k a week , Fonz I still think never got a proper lengthy run to show what he can do

Seen him last year and he looked out of his depth in the championship but seem to of found his level in league one, rumours around my kids school is he could be on Walsall wanted list, he'll be suited there.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »
The Grauniad tonight is suggesting that the Bomb Squad is set to be disbanded.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/20/aston-villa-paul-lambert-darren-bent-u-turn

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/20/aston-villa-paul-lambert-darren-bent-u-turn
Jesus what a mess. Will these 2 guys really put a shift in for lambert after what's happened ?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
Albrighton is the only crosser of the ball we have, and no one else offers what he does. He's not a world beater but how much will it cost to buy a player of similar standard? Madness, absolute madness. Whose decision is this? I was just enjoying not thinking about Villa and then they go and fuck my evening up once again.  Thanks.

I reckon you could get a much better player for £35K a week.

Put it this way the average weekly wage for a premier league player is £28k per week and in Italy, Spain, Germany etc is much lower. Paul Pogba at Juventus is on less than £20k a week. Delfouneso earnt more than him.

The club do enough at the moment to make me irate but cutting £2m a year off the wage bill + NI aswell on these 2 players is a good deal for us and the money needs to be spent a lot more wiser elsewhere.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »

Back to square one

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »

That does seem sensible to me, but the fact that it's being done now is just more evidence of the utterly cack-handed way the whole bomb squad thing has been handled. It looks very amateur.

If we're honest, surely we must look a bit of a mess to outsiders right now. With Randy reduced to touting the club around because (presumably) he hasn't been able to find a buyer discreetly, players that were unceremoniously dumped now being brought back into the fold out of necessity - and one even being appointed first team coach, uncertainty over the manager, who's presided over his two trusted lieutenants bullying colleagues and getting sacked from underneath him...

I appreciate that Randy and Lambert may well be looking to invest in some proven quality over the summer, but you wonder who'd sign for us in those circumstances. And in any case, what will happen if the new owners, when they eventually arrive, decide to jettison Lambert and his playing staff?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »

I understand the idea here - clearly, there's next to no money, so we've realised - two years too late - that as we're paying these players big bucks, we might at least consider using them.

I have to say, though, really, what an absolute fucking shambles this club is.

How on earth do we manage to fuck things up as spectacularly as this?

The sooner someone comes in, buys us, gets rid of the dunces making these decisions, the better.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
I've run out of superlatives.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
Honestly, in recent months we are showing the sort of utter ineptitude in the way we are being run that usually marks out a club that is going to get relegated.

If there is no takeover by the end of the transfer window, I am going to stick a ton on us going down. What an absolute shambles. Nonsense like this on top of the increasing feeling that nobody knows who is in charge, or how long they'll be in charge, and as such can't plan beyond the next few weeks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal