collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hull protest  (Read 16122 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Hull protest
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
All three 2nd city clubs have amassed a total of 114 points from 345 available this season.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »
Forget the protest it will have a negative effect. Just get behind the team until the game is over.

Offline supertom

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
No point with a protest really. The one man you'd want to direct it most to will not be there, and it'll be no skin off his nose whatsoever.
We absolutely have to get behind the team for this game too. We have to get something out of it.

Offline achilles

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »
It does make me laugh that we have supported them in the face of utter drivel at every home match this season and they are still crap but this match they will somehow respond?

I know nobody wants to feel it is their fault and be "small time" and all that but really it doesn't seem to matter what we do

Have to agree with this as I don't think they give a damn, however I refuse to sink to their level and even contemplate not giving them 100% support DURING the game, whatever happens after so be it!

Offline Allan C

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 12:23:42 PM »
For gods sake everyone get behind the team from the minute you get to the ground no matter how it appears to be going whatever the score. Then the ONLY protest that will work next season (if the club is still owned by Learner) is not to go, don't renew your season tickets, don't buy the stuff from the club shop, don't support the team away from home.  Protests such as marches and booing will do nothing. Hit Learner in his pocket and things will change

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
Surely a good protest will be everyone just leaving at the final whistle even if we win therefore cancelling the lap of appreciation.

Really who deserves to be applauded this season? We have been rubbish at VP and most of the players bar a couple of exceptions have been rubbish. Lambert will probably get booed aswell.

Offline peter w

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »
This game requires vociferous support for the entire 90 minutes. Do whatever you will after the final whistle, and make it ugly. But then and only then. We're going to have to drag this shambles over the line first.

I've said before that this team, mainly due to age and lack of big game experience respond better to big noisy crowds. just a like a fourth division team playing away at a big ground in a Cup competition. That's exactly what we need next week. A Sunderland atmosphere from last season. Get us over the line and then just leave the ground. Don't wait around for the lap of 'appreciation'  just go. Anger shows emotion which gives tacit acceptance to decisions made by the people making them. If everyone just effs off then it's sticking two fingers up at the lot of them from top to bottom. That's what they deserve.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
Throw season tickets onto the pitch after the game.  There will be a shower of them coming from all four stands!  During the game support the team like hell, but at full time say what you like.  Then leave

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »
Surely a good protest will be everyone just leaving at the final whistle even if we win therefore cancelling the lap of appreciation.

Really who deserves to be applauded this season? We have been rubbish at VP and most of the players bar a couple of exceptions have been rubbish. Lambert will probably get booed aswell.
probably ??!!!!....

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »
I will give it full volume support for the full ninety then at the final whistle run on the pitch to the centre circle, tear off my clothes, jump up and down, lie on my back and scream and scream and scream.   If time permits I shall do an encore including flailing my arms and legs about and foaming at the mouth.

Well that's messed up my plans, I am definitely not going to miss that it will be the best entertainment of the season.

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
First things first, back the team, but i do fear for the whole thing if we concede, the dam will just burst, Bolton will seem like a tea-party in comparison, people have just had enough.

Online john2710

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »
Great idea, we need a result, players are shite & have zero confidence, so let's kick off a protest. FFS

We need to stay up first, supporting the team for 90 mins next week is the only thing we can do that will help. For the first time ever I will not be hanging around at the end of Saturday's game.

Lambert is finished at Villa Park, whatever happens.

Lerner wants out, but we need to stay up first.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
I couldn't blame anyone for giving the club/players/management abuse during this match. Villa fans have been supremely patient for a number of years now. Sometimes you need to raise your voice to be heard.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
I couldn't blame anyone for giving the club/players/management abuse during this match. Villa fans have been supremely patient for a number of years now. Sometimes you need to raise your voice to be heard.

I agree. Those fuckwits who run, manage and play for us have left us in a situation whereby if we tell them what we really think during the Hull game then we'll be in some way responsible if they lose. Do nothing and it looks like we're meekly accepting the absolute shit they've flung our way in the last 2 seasons. I hope we beat Hull and guarantee our safety so that the fans have got 2 games left to really protest.

Whatever happens this season, the fans have been fantastic. Which is much more than the club deserve. 

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 01:54:28 PM »
A mass performance of The Dying Fly off Tiswas would be appropriate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal