collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:06:40 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Smithy
[Today at 07:26:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:25:59 PM]

Re: VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:24:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:20:31 PM]

Re: VAR by PaulWinch again
[Today at 07:20:28 PM]

Re: Crystal Palace by Fingers
[Today at 07:18:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:15:54 PM]

Re: VAR by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:14:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Throw-ins  (Read 6606 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Throw-ins
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
The amount of times the ball gets thrown at speed to the player receiving the ball, aimed somewhere between his knee and chest making it hard to control. Rarely to the feet or rarely a yard or so in front so they can move onto it. Truly pathetic.

Don't start me on corners!

Go on. Start a "corners" thread.

Don't hold back. Give it the big gun.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 08:49:49 PM »
It is shocking the amount of set pieces we have, be it throws,  free kicks or corners,  that end up with the ball back with Guzan following two backward passes. The whole lack of movement, creativity and attacking ineptitude has the manager to blame. It does not matter if the cause is poor players, poor tactics,  poor training or lack of motivation ultimately he is responsible for the lot. I have no doubt he does not know how to change things either.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
It's a well known fact that the most any player on the pitch will have the ball is 2 minutes...as a kid  we had a fantastic football coach who always used to say.." you can achieve a lot in the 2 minutes but it's what you do in the other 88 minutes that really matters...me thinks he could have been right

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
The amount of times the ball gets thrown at speed to the player receiving the ball, aimed somewhere between his knee and chest making it hard to control. Rarely to the feet or rarely a yard or so in front so they can move onto it. Truly pathetic.

Don't start me on corners!

Go on. Start a "corners" thread.

Don't hold back. Give it the big gun.

I'd bore myself to tears! ;-)

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
It's a well known fact that the most any player on the pitch will have the ball is 2 minutes...as a kid  we had a fantastic football coach who always used to say.." you can achieve a lot in the 2 minutes but it's what you do in the other 88 minutes that really matters...me thinks he could have been right

Exactly.

If one of our players finds themselves with acres of space in front of them, they will, with the occasional exception of Delph, pass it sideways or backwards. This goes completely against the grain of all instinctive football knowledge, which you can see by watching good schoolboy level games.

Attack the space, your teammates will move intelligently, and opportunities will open up. Not so with us. When Lowton did it against Sunderland at VP last year, it was like a religious apparition. 

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
When did Neil Ruddock last have a salad?  If I remember correctly, it was about the same time that we did something productive at a throw in.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:14 PM »
There was a farcical throw-in on Saturday in front of the dugouts. Bertrand and possibly Delph involved. One threw it to the other, at waist height, who managed to knee it back at chest level. Between them they frantically managed to shovel the ball 50 yards back to Guzan who then launched it back 70 yards into space. Lambert leaped to his feet applauding manically.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »
There was a farcical throw-in on Saturday in front of the dugouts. Bertrand and possibly Delph involved. One threw it to the other, at waist height, who managed to knee it back at chest level. Between them they frantically managed to shovel the ball 50 yards back to Guzan who then launched it back 70 yards into space. Lambert leaped to his feet applauding manically.

It is surreal, but we have become used to it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal