collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 03:04:58 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:02:43 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:01:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2655263 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

That bloke quoted in the Mail also said earlier.in the summer that our new owners could be one of the rumoured names or somebody we'd never heard of. That's not  narrowing it down much is it? A member of the human race then?

He's like a character from Viz.

Roger Irrelevant?

Offline tomd2103

Well thank god for that..http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

How could you doubt the words of a financial expert who uses such technical terms as "back of a fag packet stuff"?

Online kippaxvilla2

Honestly I have said it before but I will say it again, is somebody actually paying this guy for these musings.  I was sat out in my garden on Saturday under the umbrella and I was thinking Villa might be sold in a month or so if they find a buyer who has the required money and Randy's correct bank details.  But then I drank my cup of tea and thought nothing more of it.  I am going to call the Mail now to see if they want to run a story on my thoughts.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
The thing is though, as bad as the story is and as obvious as what he's saying is there's still plenty of people who are certain that because we aren't already sold we're going to be up for sale for years.  The reality is we were never likely to hear anything meaningful until about now, which is pretty much what he's saying.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
The thing is though, as bad as the story is and as obvious as what he's saying is there's still plenty of people who are certain that because we aren't already sold we're going to be up for sale for years.  The reality is we were never likely to hear anything meaningful until about now, which is pretty much what he's saying.

I don't think anyone is saying they're 'certain' we'll be up for sale for years.

Some people have pointed out the folly of assuming anything re timings of a sale, though, which is a different thing entirely.

The story in the Mail is harmless enough, it's just this bloke they see as their "go to guy" for takeover stories who just states the blindingly obvious every time. "It'll be someone who has been rumoured to be interested. Or someone else", "They'll have to do due diligence" - that sort of thing.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013

I don't think anyone is saying they're 'certain' we'll be up for sale for years.

Some people have pointed out the folly of assuming anything re timings of a sale, though, which is a different thing entirely.

The story in the Mail is harmless enough, it's just this bloke they see as their "go to guy" for takeover stories who just states the blindingly obvious every time. "It'll be someone who has been rumoured to be interested. Or someone else", "They'll have to do due diligence" - that sort of thing.

We were referred to as Everton mkII pretty recently.  A few days earlier we had someone on here telling us that the club wasn't really for sale, those are the comments/posters I'm referring to.  Aside from that some of the obvious stuff you mention might not be obvious to everyone, the due diligence stuff at least.  It's an easy mistake to think that this forum is representative of the villa supporter community whereas the reality is that I think the average intelligence on here is a lot higher than a standard football forum.

Offline Holte L2

My maths is shite . 50,000 times 10,000 is 500 million.

So would it be feasible for 50 million to come from richer investors and 100 million from 50,000 fans at 2 grand each ?

Given a season ticket is say 400 quid that's 5 years worth. What if in effect you could 'buy your seat ' for say 2 grand - would you do it ?

Yes I would.

Offline mr underhill

We're actually being bought by a new consortium led by Arthur Dent,  backed by Trillian and Ford Prefect. All new names, all new bid. The price is truly astronomical; intergalactically huge, in fact, and one which dwarfs all previous offers. So that geezer from the Mail was lying through his teeth.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
We were referred to as Everton mkII pretty recently.  A few days earlier we had someone on here telling us that the club wasn't really for sale, those are the comments/posters I'm referring to.

I get that, but that's hardly plenty of people being certain we're going to be up for sale for years, is it? It's a couple of people, one of whom is the forum's Suicidal Sid

Offline robbo1874

3 viz characters mentioned so far, with suicidal Sid. We seem to have overlooked roger mellie... I wonder what his take on our transfer dealings to date in this close season would be? Bollocks.....?

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Joe Cole and N'Zogbia get my vote for the Fat Slags

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online

We were referred to as Everton mkII pretty recently.  A few days earlier we had someone on here telling us that the club wasn't really for sale, those are the comments/posters I'm referring to.  Aside from that some of the obvious stuff you mention might not be obvious to everyone, the due diligence stuff at least.  It's an easy mistake to think that this forum is representative of the villa supporter community whereas the reality is that I think the average intelligence on here is a lot higher than a standard football forum.

Amen to the last sentence.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:22:33 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Online rob_bridge

Well thank god for that..http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

How could you doubt the words of a financial expert who uses such technical terms as "back of a fag packet stuff"?

'..could be..' a month away. I could win the lottery big style.

Utter drivell.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
And after the takeover our first signing will be............
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:33:36 PM by The Laughing Policeman »

Online rob_bridge

Amen to the last sentence.

It is probably in part due to the age demographic. We are a bunch of cynical old bastards sometimes.

And seen or remember the great, the good, the bad and the downright incompetence over the years. Other than cit-eh there is no club to rival the ups and downs in the last 3 decades or so.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal