collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2654930 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Southgate model pro? What was all that slagging off the club as "having no ambition"? And making sure Ugo and Boateng went with him to Middlesborough. Wanker. In my opinion naturally.

The truth hurt didn't it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Southgate model pro? What was all that slagging off the club as "having no ambition"? And making sure Ugo and Boateng went with him to Middlesborough. Wanker. In my opinion naturally.

The truth hurt didn't it.

Indeed. Weren't we also suggesting the club had no ambition?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Its one of those things though. We can criticise our own club as much as we like, but we wont stand for any of that nonsense from outsiders. The same goes for children I expect.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

For what it's worth I think the game in the US will grow steadily over the next couple of decades and become a major force in there sporting affections, and rival even the big 3 sports over there

Why because it's the greatest game in the world, it's the beautiful game, everyone knows that,
 Americans are just a bit late coming to the party, as at other times in their history

What it will do is slowly but steadily grow in popularity just as it did anywhere it first started. Not sure it is capable of overtaking MLB and NFL though. NHL and NBA has a chance attendance wise because of the type of sports they are they don't have massive stadiums. The big clue though isn't attendances but wages. MLS wages are dwarfed by the other sports. Until it starts picking up big TV deals it is always going to be minor compared to the others.

I went to the World Cup in 1994, following a Villa-heavy Ireland team, and everyone said at the time that this would be the kick start in America that football needs. Nothing came of it. just like nothing came of NASL in the 70s.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
A lot depends on how the core support of these 20,000 numbers turning up for most MLS fixtures deal with their children's interest in the game. That's equivalent to support in the Championship, but I think the key is that in the US lots of children play football but it drops away in exchange for the established sports as they get older.

If these children are able to identify with a team in their state and have the same sort of opportunities offered through the college system of youth development in the US, then it will take root, especially if father is passing his allegiance down the line.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:35:25 AM by Ads »

Offline pauliewalnuts

It is interesting how different forums view this takeover so differently.

I just looked at the TBAR takeover thread and they're analysing one of the photos taken of Randy yesterday, convinced that a bloke with him is Micky Arison (the Miami Heat bloke) and that a takeover is near, yet on here, not a whisper about it.

I'm not having a dig at TBAR, btw (for once), just pointing out how different people see different things, and how quickly a theory based on next to nothing can gain traction.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

I just looked at the TBAR takeover thread and they're analysing one of the photos taken of Randy yesterday, convinced that a bloke with him is Micky Arison (the Miami Heat bloke) and that a takeover is near, yet on here, not a whisper about it.

I'm not having a dig at TBAR, btw (for once), just pointing out how different people see different things, and how quickly a theory based on next to nothing can gain traction.

Poor or new swimmers on the verge of going under splash around in the water desperately gasping for air and reaching for anything that might keep them afloat. More assured swimmers take their time, are more confident and enjoy the water. When the boat finally arrives they swim to it and get on board.

Offline pauliewalnuts

Having investigated it further, though by:

a. Looking at the photos
b. Observing the fact that Arison is currently in Italy

I think we can safely say, it's utter bollocks.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM

It might be him, although wouldn't he have been singled out if it was?

As for Tbar, it's deadly quiet over there, any speculation is good.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Over 86000 at the man Utd friendly in Cala forn ia

Glory hunters are a world wide phenomenon

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Over 86000 at the man Utd friendly in Cala forn ia

Glory hunters are a world wide phenomenon

Man U will draw that kind of crowd anywhere they go. I just hope I live to see a day where that kind of attendance comes out to watch one of our games. Means we will have actually got back to winning things.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Having investigated it further, though by:

a. Looking at the photos
b. Observing the fact that Arison is currently in Italy

I think we can safely say, it's utter bollocks.

The woman looks eerily like his wife. The dark haired woman. Christ, look what it's come to.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
fabwags.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/arison-marriage5.jpg

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
That ain't Arison.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
That ain't Arison.

Without looking at the photo's, it's not Ray Ranson is it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal