collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: f1  (Read 64073 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: f1
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2021, 10:54:15 PM »
As I said in a post before, I don't really follow F1 too closely, but I just can't see how it is possible for someone to be so far ahead in a sporting contest and through no fault of their own, have that advantage completely wiped out and be reduced to what was effectively a disadvantaged position. 

It is as equally baffling how one person can influence and shape the contest, and manufacture a result in that way.  I can't think of any other sport where that could happen. 

Offline Rico

« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2021, 10:59:32 PM »
Fergie time!

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2021, 11:26:32 PM »
I really miss Charlie Whiting. RIP.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2021, 07:43:29 AM »
As I said in a post before, I don't really follow F1 too closely, but I just can't see how it is possible for someone to be so far ahead in a sporting contest and through no fault of their own, have that advantage completely wiped out and be reduced to what was effectively a disadvantaged position. 

It is as equally baffling how one person can influence and shape the contest, and manufacture a result in that way.  I can't think of any other sport where that could happen. 

Kevin Friend says hello.

Offline wince

« Reply #394 on: December 13, 2021, 08:00:21 AM »
I would have cancelled yesterday’s race and max would still be champion but there was still the shit show of the non-race at spa. This season was first under new owners who want to make the sport entertaining. I’m probably out now. Ah well, the glorious Dutch fans on FB throwing great comments like Lewis fans should pull down more statues......

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #395 on: December 13, 2021, 08:47:19 AM »
At the start of the season if someone had said the drivers championship would go to the final lap of the final race everyone would have been happy….just happens that the FIA have found a way for that to happen & also make a compete mess of it.

Once they gave it to Max you couldn’t take it back hence the failed appeals, turkeys don’t vote for Christmas so stewards were not going to overturn it.

The race director has to resign, if he doesn’t then all the teams should refuse to race next year because he is clearly not competent to administer a sport  where the competitors are risking their lives whenever on the track.

He made up the rules in Spa, he did the same yesterday….neither driver did anything wrong all day and the actions of the race director has taken the shine off Max winning his first championship….winner takes it all it was billed as, in reality it has become World Champion with an asterix

Offline TonyD

« Reply #396 on: December 13, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »
This will be overturned by the courts.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #397 on: December 13, 2021, 11:19:21 AM »
I don't think Verstappen would have been as graceful in defeat as Lewis Hamilton , that might come with time as he is still young. What would be really funny if the result was overturned and Christian Horner had a face like a slapped arse.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #398 on: December 13, 2021, 11:27:23 AM »
For such a fast sport they aren't very fast at dealing with crucial decisions.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2021, 11:28:59 AM »

I very much doubt it.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2021, 11:32:14 AM »
I've got a feeling Hamilton will retire sometime in the next month. He's getting on, made his money, and doesn't need this crap anymore. Also he's up against a guy who's as insane as early-era Schumacher when it comes to taking risks and the next time a car lands on his head he may not be so lucky.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »

I very much doubt it.

Yep, there's no chance it'll get overturned.  But I reckon there'll be some sort of settlement with Mercedes as the FIA are on very shaky ground with how they handled the safety car period yesterday.

Offline cdward

« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »
I've got a feeling Hamilton will retire sometime in the next month. He's getting on, made his money, and doesn't need this crap anymore. Also he's up against a guy who's as insane as early-era Schumacher when it comes to taking risks and the next time a car lands on his head he may not be so lucky.
When he was asked in his post match interview if he will be back next season, he didn't really commit.
He probably wanted to bow out as the GOAT, with 8 titles.
I wonder will he still have the fight in him?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »
Russell in the second merc today and max doesn't have that free pit. Lewis has battled the 2 red bulls alone at times this season.

As for the FIA favouring Lewis, rubbish. Them not getting tough with Max early this season set the tone, and allowed him to bully his way through the season.

His victory today was hollow, as is his world title. I sincerely hope ferrari and Mclaren close the gap and red bull struggle next season. Oh and that Geri gives Horner crabs.

I must have been living under a rock as I only found out yesterday that Karen is married to Geri!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2021, 11:44:27 AM »
When he was asked in his post match interview if he will be back next season, he didn't really commit.
He probably wanted to bow out as the GOAT, with 8 titles.
I wonder will he still have the fight in him?

Yep. All he said was "we'll see", no mention of coming back to take on Redbull.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal