collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation / Gossip  (Read 1092305 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Transfer Speculation / Gossip
« Reply #6135 on: August 21, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
Never scoring more than 14 league goals in a season isn't really that considerable. He's still a bargain compared to Shane Long though.
He's likely to be 'earning' up to 10 times more than Shane Long which is why the transfer fee is so low - to get him off their books. Now where have I heard that before?

that's actually a good point. Milan have financial problems so selling a player under market value to help also shift that salary makes sense. Heck we've been trying to do just that but with lesser talented players.

we've probably even tried paying clubs to take the players contracts

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6136 on: August 21, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »
Absolutely.

And the wages that he is being paid by Liverpool are going to be quite substantial - reports are that he'll be getting £180,000 per week.

I'm guessing Shane Long will be getting a good deal less than that.

Offline supertom

« Reply #6137 on: August 21, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »
Balotelli isn't much of a risk on 16 million. He's absolutely batshit, but with every passing year you'd imagine he'll get slightly less batshit (or maybe not). I think what you get though is a player who, when he wants to be, is absolutely unplayable. There aren't too many strikers who can do that, even irregularly.

As for Benteke, our gauge for his value should be Lukaku. Very similar players, similar ages and similar goal returns in this league. If Lukaku is 28 million, then Tekkers has to be at least 28 million.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6138 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Absolutely.

And the wages that he is being paid by Liverpool are going to be quite substantial - reports are that he'll be getting £180,000 per week.

I'm guessing Shane Long will be getting a good deal less than that.

SSN are saying 6 million euros a year after tax, which is £90k a week. So about £140k a week before tax and NI.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6139 on: August 21, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »
Just had the misfortune to see SSN. Haven't seen it all summer, they even have a league table of spending, and the dim bell end in front of the screen proudly stated it will be a record breaking transfer window, the fucking shit. How about a league table of decent coaches training English kids you fucks ?

Rant over.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #6140 on: August 21, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
Just had the misfortune to see SSN. Haven't seen it all summer, they even have a league table of spending, and the dim bell end in front of the screen proudly stated it will be a record breaking transfer window, the fucking shit. How about a league table of decent coaches training English kids you fucks ?

Rant over.

Yeah, saw the aforementioned table and bell end.  His parting shot was something along the lines of Liverpool being top of the spending league, but will Man Utd catch them before the end of the window.  All that is wrong with English football  in a few short moments. 

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6141 on: August 21, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »
Couldn't believe my eyes mate.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #6142 on: August 21, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »

Rant over.

Yeah, saw the aforementioned table and bell end.  His parting shot was something along the lines of Liverpool being top of the spending league, but will Man Utd catch them before the end of the window.  All that is wrong with English football  in a few short moments. 

That just made me shudder.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #6143 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

Rant over.

Or the number of English players likely to make the first choice line ups of Premier League teams? I love being reminded of how little I miss Sky Sports so thank you for this post. It really is the most turgid vacuous dimwitted shit going, capable within any given hour of reminding you of everything that is wrong with football today 

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6144 on: August 21, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

Rant over.

Or the number of English players likely to make the first choice line ups of Premier League teams? I love being reminded of how little I miss Sky Sports so thank you for this post. It really is the most turgid vacuous dimwitted shit going, capable within any given hour of reminding you of everything that is wrong with football today 

I will give you that for SSN, but I rarely watch that. Against that they cover the games pretty well, compare it to the ITV approach for example. Similarly they do a great job with cricket and rugby and, although I don't follow it myself, I am told the golf is also covered well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6145 on: August 21, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »
If you watch Sky for the games (whichever sport) then it is fine. If you stick around for the debate or analysis you're going to get upset because the odd exception aside they are bell ends because they cater to that audience.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #6146 on: August 21, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
If you watch Sky for the games (whichever sport) then it is fine. If you stick around for the debate or analysis you're going to get upset because the odd exception aside they are bell ends because they cater to that audience.

Yeah agree with that completely.

I have Sky because I love watching football. I make a point of not watching any of the build up. Pre or post match. I find if I stick to that then it's good coverage.

I wouldn't have ESPN though because I'd never watch any of the games being at our games.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #6147 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
Yes, agree totally about the coverage of the actual games which is, on the whole, excellent. Interesting that Chris should mention the rugby as I probably miss the Premiership rugby and things like the Lions tours more than anything since I gave up Sky sports. I'm lucky too to have a good sports pub nearby with about 6 or 7 big screens for the Villa games I do want to see and for things like the Lions. Apart from the very odd programme such as The Warm Up with Johnny Vaughan on a Saturday morning on Talkshite which I can thoroughly recommend if you like some really good retro football banter, I don't listen to a single analysis or talk show programme on football any more.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6148 on: August 21, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »

That's unfair, their post match analysis is the best out there, by a mile.

It is the shit they fill the minutes with all the other days on SSN that is guff.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6149 on: August 21, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »

That's unfair, their post match analysis is the best out there, by a mile.

It is the shit they fill the minutes with all the other days on SSN that is guff.

mind you, when you look at who their competition is for analysis it's going to stand out. It's not bad I'll give you that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal