collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fixture Changes/Games Moved for TV - Season 17/18  (Read 119256 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: More games moved for TV.
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 07:09:17 PM »
Viagogo is shite by the way.

Very much so. STILL waiting for my free pie voucher.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »
You cannot pick the price you want to sell for and they charge most of the ticket price, erm, back to their own bank balance whilst profiteering if away fans are squabbling over who gets mine in the Holte Lower.

They can get to fuck.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
You cannot pick the price you want to sell for and they charge most of the ticket price, erm, back to their own bank balance whilst profiteering if away fans are squabbling over who gets mine in the Holte Lower.

They can get to fuck.

You can pick the price now - they changed that this season.

They're still scum of the earth and the club should be ashamed they buddy up with them.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
I have had no problem with them.  Since the Sunderland home match I have put every match on there, at a cheap price of my choosing, and the ticket has been sold - in some cases the same evening.  The money is then in my account 2-3 days after the match is played. Easy Peasy.

OK I have lost a bit of the value of my ticket but that was paid for months ago anyway, and I am saving on a 250 mile round trip of Diesel, plus match programme, drink in the stadium etc.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »
I have had no problem with them.  Since the Sunderland home match I have put every match on there, at a cheap price of my choosing, and the ticket has been sold - in some cases the same evening.  The money is then in my account 2-3 days after the match is played. Easy Peasy.

OK I have lost a bit of the value of my ticket but that was paid for months ago anyway, and I am saving on a 250 mile round trip of Diesel, plus match programme, drink in the stadium etc.

Does it not irk you that whoever buys your ticket has the money taken from them immediately yet you don't see the cash until a week after the game?  Oh, and that they charge both you and the purchaser VAT?  And that their charges are offensively high, such that there's normally approximately £10 difference between what the purchaser pays and what you receive - despite the ticket only being listed for about £25?

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »
It drives me mad. I'm self employed and work Saturdays. I plan to finish early match days. So when the games get moved I end up finishing early for no reason. I can try and get more work in but it doesn't always work.
The real pain is when they move it to a 12.45 kick off. I normally finish work at 1/1.30. When they moved it to an early lunch time kick off I've got work already in and can't go.

Sundays I play american football. And I'm sure others here play Sunday league. 4pm kick offs can be very tight to get to. Lunch times I won't make.

I do wonder if a season ticket is good value any more because of the games I end up missing. It's not like I have loads of friends chomping at the bit to buy my ticket off me to see the mighty villa play at home either.

Sorry about this off topic question but who do you play American Football for?

Just started. Birmingham Bulls

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
I love Viagago I have to say selfishly. Get majority of home games on there as there's always some random seller who puts loads of trinity upper tickets for sale starting from 10-15 quid so saves me a fair bit seeing as I'm starting to go to less home games nowadays.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2014, 10:53:46 PM »
I love Viagago I have to say selfishly. Get majority of home games on there as there's always some random seller who puts loads of trinity upper tickets for sale starting from 10-15 quid so saves me a fair bit seeing as I'm starting to go to less home games nowadays.

I'm guessing it's the club who sell those batches of Upper Trinity tickets as they are always there. As a buyer in the past Viagogo is fantastic. I've never sold my ticket on there so can't comment from a seller point of view.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »

I just dislike their business practices.

Aside of the ones I mentioned specifc to the Villa, there's also the fact they buy up tickets for popular events on the cheap then relist them at a massively inflated price.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2105305/Channel-4s-Dispatches-beats-injunction-attempt-Viagogo-air-great-ticket-selling-scandal-TV-tonight.html

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Oh yeah I don't like that either, just saying from a selfish point of view I save a small fortune getting the cut price tickets as opposed to paying normal prices.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »
Adds to "To Do List"
Viagogo 3 more home games worth of ST seats

Offline danlanza

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
Pay as you go is the better option imv. Season tickets are a waste of time nowadays. Nearly half the games get moved to a different day- time, so it is not worth it.
14 yrs a season ticket holder before i moved over here, away games too. All my holiday time was taken up because of re-arranged games.
Sky, thanks for the cash but you have given us supporters fuck all.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »
Pay as you go is the better option imv. Season tickets are a waste of time nowadays. Nearly half the games get moved to a different day- time, so it is not worth it.
14 yrs a season ticket holder before i moved over here, away games too. All my holiday time was taken up because of re-arranged games.
Sky, thanks for the cash but you have given us supporters fuck all.
Getting access to away tickets is a good enough reason to buy season tickets.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
What a fucking load of bollocks.

I can't make the Chelsea game because of a wedding - had they moved it to a Sunday I'd have been fine, but no, instead they just put it on telly on the Saturday night so I've got even less chance of selling my ticket.

Twats.
Chelsea are in the Champions League the following Tuesday, at home to Galatasaray. The only thing that surprises me about this fixture change is that they didn't make it a Saturday lunchtime.

Offline eastie

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »
What a fucking load of bollocks.

I can't make the Chelsea game because of a wedding - had they moved it to a Sunday I'd have been fine, but no, instead they just put it on telly on the Saturday night so I've got even less chance of selling my ticket.

Twats.
Chelsea are in the Champions League the following Tuesday, at home to Galatasaray. The only thing that surprises me about this fixture change is that they didn't make it a Saturday lunchtime.

Bt have the Saturday lunchtime slot , sky have the 5-30 one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal