collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 405 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 597 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1276 | Comments: 10

It’s forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1042 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...
April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1374 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.  (Read 405084 times)

Offline BC Villain

Re: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread.
« Reply #3030 on: May 10, 2021, 07:33:22 PM »
Boing Boing Baggies Shit

Goodbye

Remember the jibes when we went down in 2016, then the piss taking when Xia almost over a cliff in 2018?  Yes me too.  Fuck the lot of them.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #3031 on: May 10, 2021, 07:36:40 PM »
‘Keinan Davis’ will be the answer to the future pub quiz question ‘which player scored the final goal in the last ever league game between Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion?’

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3032 on: May 10, 2021, 11:05:47 PM »
Boing Boing Baggies Shit

Goodbye

Remember the jibes when we went down in 2016, then the piss taking when Xia almost over a cliff in 2018?  Yes me too.  Fuck the lot of them.

100%. Cuddly little 'Boing Boing Baggies' for decades, but I've never known such gloating, out-of-the-woodwork tossers as they were in the 5ish years they spent finishing above us.

To every 'bantering' West Brom fan, me saying "we have bigger problems than trying to be better than you," was confirmation of 'Vile' arrogance. But it's just fact, in the same way I couldn't give a toss about finishing above Wolves.

Respect where it's due - when any of our neighbours do well, credit to them. But if we begin to measure our success by how we perform in relation to any of them, we are in serious trouble.

West Brom can fuck off and work on their next catchphrase.

Offline nigel

« Reply #3033 on: May 11, 2021, 07:36:31 AM »
Annoyingly, I think they will come straight back up

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #3034 on: May 11, 2021, 09:36:45 AM »
They'll be among the contenders but hard to say with no manager in place, assuming Allardyce doesn't hang around.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3035 on: May 11, 2021, 12:31:53 PM »
Not them I wish them well, as I don't, but I've been massively unimpressed by Allardyce as their coach/manager.  Ever since he went there he has given out the impression of having done them a massive favour just by agreeing to take the job, and all along the way has seemed to want a create distance between him and the team/club - to the point of now saying that relegation will hurt the fans, players and staff more than it hurts him.  And now of course he's giving the impression that he will be doing them a huge favour if he stays on.  Actually, in terms of what he's achieved there he's been a bit of a disaster, they would certainly have done no worse had they stuck with Bilic.  If I were an Albion fan I'd want to see the club tell him to bugger off.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #3036 on: May 11, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »
Allardyce will stay there as he ain't getting any other job any time soon.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3037 on: May 11, 2021, 01:26:59 PM »
Not them I wish them well, as I don't, but I've been massively unimpressed by Allardyce as their coach/manager.  Ever since he went there he has given out the impression of having done them a massive favour just by agreeing to take the job, and all along the way has seemed to want a create distance between him and the team/club - to the point of now saying that relegation will hurt the fans, players and staff more than it hurts him.  And now of course he's giving the impression that he will be doing them a huge favour if he stays on.  Actually, in terms of what he's achieved there he's been a bit of a disaster, they would certainly have done no worse had they stuck with Bilic.  If I were an Albion fan I'd want to see the club tell him to bugger off.

They should've been able to see the likely outcome a mile off. I hate the fat crook.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #3038 on: May 11, 2021, 11:33:40 PM »
Actually, in terms of what he's achieved there he's been a bit of a disaster, they would certainly have done no worse had they stuck with Bilic.  If I were an Albion fan I'd want to see the club tell him to bugger off.

I don't know about that.  They were crap after the league restarted last year and literally fell over the line because Brentford lost their nerve.  Loads of stripeys I know reckon they came back very unfit and that it carried over into this season.

I dislike Allardyce intensely (the man who got the top job and celebrated by getting his fingers caught in the till) but I don't think they've been any worse than the likes of Newcastle since he went there

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #3039 on: May 11, 2021, 11:51:53 PM »
Like a previous poster, I recall how they loved it when we were struggling.

When they fluked a win at VP in 2015, I remember reading on social media: "Well, Blues, we've done our bit, now it's over to you."

This was a reference to our Lge Cup game against the Blues, which was our next match. I thought this was just the usual 'banter' until someone pointed out it was from Albion's official twatter account.

*****!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3040 on: May 12, 2021, 10:01:05 AM »
Annoyingly, I think they will come straight back up

They probably will...... and then go straight back down again  ;D

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3041 on: May 12, 2021, 10:09:44 AM »

Ever since he was rightly praised for the good job he did at Bolton he has given off the impression of doing a massive favour to every other club he has managed since. The likes of Blackburn, Sunderland and Palace were greatful to have him but bigger clubs like Newcastle, West Ham and Everton weren't so starstruck and didn't put up with him for long.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3042 on: May 12, 2021, 10:19:16 AM »
He did well with Blackburn, Sunderland and Palace, didn't he? That's probably why they liked him.

I'm not sure many Sunderland fans would agree that Newcastle were bigger and I don't think West Ham are bigger than Blackburn.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3043 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:44 AM »
He did well with Blackburn, Sunderland and Palace, didn't he? That's probably why they liked him.

I'm not sure many Sunderland fans would agree that Newcastle were bigger and I don't think West Ham are bigger than Blackburn.

I would have said West Ham were a bigger club than Blackburn even before they moved into their council house. Apparently 44% of Albion fans want to keep fat Sam. Although of course that also means 56% want him gone.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3044 on: May 13, 2021, 11:42:31 AM »
Blackburn have 3 league titles, 6 FA Cups and a League Cup.

West Ham's totals are 0, 3 and 0. Though they do have a Cup Winners Cup.

I'd say Blackburn win that by miles.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal