collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Summer Olympics/Paralympics, Tokyo, delayed to 2021 by Scott Nielsen
[Today at 05:39:17 AM]

Jack Grealish - for life? by JD
[Today at 03:59:28 AM]

Keinan Davis by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:30:19 AM]

The International Cricket Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:21:11 AM]

Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed) by john e
[July 25, 2021, 11:52:19 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by dave.woodhall
[July 25, 2021, 11:12:16 PM]

Other clubs' managers by Damo70
[July 25, 2021, 11:03:53 PM]

Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed by Dante Lavelli
[July 25, 2021, 09:41:58 PM]

July 03, 2021, 09:28:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1113 | Comments: 15

It would have been fitting if ...
June 23, 2021, 06:40:04 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 676 | Comments: 2

Having a total aversion to Sub...
June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 766 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 833 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1575 | Comments: 10

Itís forever been a myst...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Non-League Thread  (Read 434823 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: The Non-League Thread
« Reply #3585 on: April 11, 2021, 02:03:45 PM »
Stourbridge wimmins team are playing in a mini-league today. No spectators are allowed, which is understandable, but they're not allowed to give any Twitter commentary or even announce the result at full-time. 

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #3586 on: May 01, 2021, 10:19:33 AM »
3rd May 2021 FA Trophy final 2019/20 Harrogate v Concord Rangers. The winners get to hold the trophy for 19 Days!

Also Consett v Hebburn. Apparently both games are free on BT Sport:

http://consettafc.com/2021/04/28/fa-vase-final-bt-sport-to-show-consett-v-hebburn-for-free-this-is-how-you-can-watch/

FA Vase final: Amar and Arjun Purewal hoping to 'break barriers' at Wembley:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56917361

Link:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/live-now/free-to-air

Luke Carr, best player at the club, left on bench.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:58:10 PM by ronshirt »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #3587 on: May 19, 2021, 10:18:25 AM »
I've decided to get a season ticket for Hallam FC. Formed 1860 so they are the second oldest club (behind Sheffield FC). They play at Sandygate, the oldest original ground still in use.

It's the closest to me, and play in the Northern Counties East 1st Division and last season had huge crowds of 300!

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #3588 on: May 25, 2021, 06:51:20 PM »
I quite fancy going to a Sheffield v Hallam Derby one day.

Anyway, 107 teams have been promoted.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/may/18/nls-allocations-20210518

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2022
« Reply #3589 on: June 20, 2021, 11:15:00 AM »
Posted on behalf of Mr Shin

Iffy goings on in non-league football involving grounds being bought and clubs resigning from their leagues

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19377927.irama-ian-rush-abingdon-towns-culham-road-dispute/

https://twitter.com/theabbotts_1870?lang=en

https://twitter.com/AgainstLeague3/status/1405625636954181632

Offline PGW

« Reply #3590 on: June 20, 2021, 11:31:01 AM »
My local club who i've followed for over 60 years, not every week cos of Villa duties have bitten the dust.
Alas Northfield Town are no more. Not for any Covid or financial reasons but purely and simply because they couldn't find a management team to run it after the mass
resignation at the end of last season.

I really hope that this is a temporary loss and they can bounce back from Aug 22/23 season.
It really upset me when i heard.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #3591 on: June 25, 2021, 10:35:59 AM »
My local club who i've followed for over 60 years, not every week cos of Villa duties have bitten the dust.
Alas Northfield Town are no more. Not for any Covid or financial reasons but purely and simply because they couldn't find a management team to run it after the mass

I really hope that this is a temporary loss and they can bounce back from Aug 22/23 season.

That's really sad to hear. Cracking club & lovely bar. Not a lot round there now for non league fans. Alvechurch moving to Wast Hills will probably be the closest now.

Offline PGW

« Reply #3592 on: June 28, 2021, 12:08:50 PM »

That's really sad to hear. Cracking club & lovely bar. Not a lot round there now for non league fans. Alvechurch moving to Wast Hills will probably be the closest now.
It's not just the loss of the football club, i've been involved down there helping out in some form or other for donkey's years. My Sunday club, Travellers FC, which i was involved with for 39 years played there for the last 20 years of their existence till 2014. For them to cease to exist was bad but this hurts.
I'm still involved down there but not in football, for the last 10 years helping to establish a decent cricket team. So i do get to sample the bar facilities very frequently. Plus the cricket team (2 sides) going from strength to strength which is pleasing...cricket a massive thing in my life.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #3593 on: July 01, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »

It's not just the loss of the football club, i've been involved down there helping out in some form or other for donkey's years. My Sunday club, Travellers FC, which i was involved with for 39 years played there for the last 20 years of their existence till 2014. For them to cease to exist was bad but this hurts.
I'm still involved down there but not in football, for the last 10 years helping to establish a decent cricket team. So i do get to sample the bar facilities very frequently. Plus the cricket team (2 sides) going from strength to strength which is pleasing...cricket a massive thing in my life.

Is the loss of the football team looking like a permanent thing or is there a committee in place to try & put a management team in place for the 22/23 season? Are there many youth sides still playing under the Northfield Town banner or is the whole football club in a pretty sorry state? Its a shame because you think the area could sustain a decent non league side. Hopefully some people will be able to get their heads together & get the club moving in the right direction again.

Good luck with the cricket....I know nothing about cricket!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3594 on: July 01, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »
That's a real shame. Northfield was a decent set-up in an area that I always thought could support a Step 5 or even 4 team.

Offline PGW

« Reply #3595 on: July 02, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »

Is the loss of the football team looking like a permanent thing or is there a committee in place to try & put a management team in place for the 22/23 season? Are there many youth sides still playing under the Northfield Town banner or is the whole football club in a pretty sorry state? Its a shame because you think the area could sustain a decent non league side. Hopefully some people will be able to get their heads together & get the club moving in the right direction again.

Good luck with the cricket....I know nothing about cricket!
Northfield Town Juniors are still surviving the problem for the kids though now is where do they go at 16 with no senior team to step into.
The football committee resigned en bloc and the community association is desperate for someone to step forward and take up the reins going forward.
I do believe that they will rise again but maybe starting out at the bottom level of the MFL. Can't hope for anything more i suppose.
If i was 30 years younger i'd have a crack!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal