collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Post-Match Thread  (Read 98555 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »
I've seen Villa at Boundary Park 3 times

87 - memorable moment in a 1-0 away win was a McInally bicycle kick in the 6 Yard box, where he missed it completely. The Chaddy Rd end laughted their cocks off

90 - the worst moment of watching villa. We had clearly not scouted their previous matches and went out of the cup with a limp

92 - Garry Parker had just joined and I'm sure this was his debut (oh to have a player of his vision these days). I'm sure this was a 1-1 draw
Add 1971 Oldham 0 Villa 6 - Ironically Villa had been knocked out the FA Cup the week before in 1st rd by Southend,so some things don't change. The Oldham game was Jim Cumbes debut. Brilliant day pissed down all afternoon.
I was also there. Don't forget, Andy Lochhead scored a hat trick.

I remember that well. There was talk that a load of Man City fans were turning up.
They turned up at Bury, the week before the 1971 LCF. One was waving a bike chain. I had to run under a Police horse to get out of the way, then got whacked with a rolled up paper by an old bag who called me a hooligan. There were no more that 250 Villa at that game.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #661 on: January 06, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
Tottenham were a non league club when they beat us early 1900s. They had to cheat to do it though.

I thought Spurs beat us in the semi final of the 1901 FA Cup which they won as a non league side. But on checking I found I was wrong.

It was..er... Sheffield United!

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2014, 02:53:09 AM »
I found Oldham away a real downer I think it was 89/90 when we finished runners up - I thought it could be our cup year but we rolled over 3-0

Welcome gaza .
That was a bad game, midweeker I recall ? Horrible plastic pitch and we just never got going. Left on about 70 mins got back to the car to find we'd been blocked in and couldn't move. Listened glumly to rest of game on the car radio :-(

same happened to me and my . was it fooking freezing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal