collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:39:29 AM]

Champions League Contention by Astnor
[Today at 11:38:10 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Robin Olsen by London Villan
[Today at 11:32:24 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Match Thread  (Read 65174 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
The fuss has been created by people deciding he'd given up on the FA Cup, which was never the case and has been proved to be completely wrong.
No.  The fuss was created by a Premier League manager saying he could do without the FA Cup.  He dropped a bollock there and invited pressure on himself.  There's no shame in that though, I expect he was caught a little off guard given the news about Kozak.

I hope there's as much fuss made over every other manager who will have dropped players as has been made over Lambert then for lying to their fans expecting a full strength line up today. I imagine many sides will be holding post Europa league style dinners.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
I fancy Albie and the Beast to rip their Sheffield scrotums to shreds.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
How bizarre.  All that fuss midweek and he puts out a strong side.  Good to see of course; I wonder whether changed his mind at some point over the last couple of days?

It's only bizarre if it was interpreted as it was by some, as opposed to what he actually meant by what he said.
No, it's bizarre because all that fuss could have been completely avoided by giving his customary straight bat answers.

If he's given a straight bat answer there'd have been all the usual 'oh look he said we go again' crap, damned if you do damned if you don't, In which case I'd rather he tell it as it is than do the Mourinho/Pellegrini  shit of saying they're taking it seriously whilst resting half a team.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »
I hope there's as much fuss made over every other manager who will have dropped players as has been made over Lambert then for lying to their fans expecting a full strength line up today. I imagine many sides will be holding post Europa league style dinners.
Good grief man.  He gave an unguarded answer which he probably later regretted and caused a short-lived fuss over the proper level of respect for the best cup competition in the world.  People make mistakes sometimes.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
If he's given a straight bat answer there'd have been all the usual 'oh look he said we go again' crap, damned if you do damned if you don't, In which case I'd rather he tell it as it is than do the Mourinho/Pellegrini  shit of saying they're taking it seriously whilst resting half a team.
Fair enough but if he's going to do that I want him to say after our next game "Why can't that bunch of useless ****** pass the fucking ball to one another?"

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
No Gary Gardner  :(

Offline paul_e

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »
Fair enough but if he's going to do that I want him to say after our next game "Why can't that bunch of useless c***s pass the fucking ball to one another?"

Yes, that would be excellent for our young squad.  There was a manager in the league recently who liked to single out his players for bad performances, how many games did he last again?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
On topic, happy with that team, Weimann and Benteke both need a goal so happy for them to start.  I'd like to see 2 of donacien, tonev and Helenius get at least half an hour unless we're in trouble.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:25 PM »
Any streams for this?

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
Yes, that would be excellent for our young squad.  There was a manager in the league recently who liked to single out his players for bad performances, how many games did he last again?
Whereas 'we could do without the extra few games in the FA Cup (and remaining chance of silverware this season) because we want to stay in the Premier League' is really going to lift everyone's spirits.  Jeez.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »
No pictures as I'm at work.

Commentary from 5Live Sports Extra

Vitriol, whingeing, ecstacy and inane bollocks about biscuits from you fuckers on here.

Let's do it.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
I love the team selection. Makes a mockery out of the crap that's been written in the media. Anyway, come on Villa. Lets do this.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
Bizarrely I would have preferred to see a less strong team. Would've liked to see Helenius and Donacien get some game time.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
Hoolahan not in the Norwich team.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:40 PM »
Looks like a full-strength Sheffield Utd team based on the players they've used for their last couple of matches.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal