collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The FA Cup.  (Read 63830 times)

richtheholtender

Re: The FA Cup.
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 05:26:41 PM »
I am not bothered by the game this weekend, the same as I wouldn't have been bothered to get excited about playing Bradford in the 3rd round of the League Cup for instance, or Blackburn for the 100th time in a few years. The fact the later two were semi-finals helped.

I want to win the cup, but I cannot say my heart will be racing with excitement at the prospect of going on Saturday.

But it does when we play in the league? Knowing 9 times out of 10 who we will lose too and where will we finish.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »
The FA Cup is our only chance of winning anything this year. I am disappointed that the Manager does not seem to accept that. Anyway, let's hope we get through so we can look at the diminishing numbers of people who think it is not worth playing for, as each round passes.

No need to be disappointed, he expressed no such sentiment. Check out the link Eastie posted a few pages back. You can listen to the interview.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
Not really no, as it's the same old faces and places mainly. Certain away games I look forward to and many a game can become interesting. League games from January onwards were far too exciting for my liking.

Offline royvilla949

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
If the fa cup is something we could do without then its disappointing - the cup used to be the trophy that excited so many and is still the trophy I yearn for .

I expected to see us field a weakened side against Sheffield in any case , as we have a few games in a short time but surely a club like villa should aspire to try and win trophies like this - not see it as some kind of hindrance to the premier season .
HAVE WE GOT A STRONG SIDE THEN

Offline eastie

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2014, 05:41:41 PM »

HAVE WE GOT A STRONG SIDE THEN

Ask wenger and pellegrini ;)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:39 PM »
No need to shout.

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
Why the hell lambert and who ever at villa draw up a list of the twats who are detrimental to the villa like Tom Ross radio wm radio blue nose etc etc and tell them they to do one like fergie did to the bbc. Jesus Christ all they are looking for is to get a headline to promote themselves again and again.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
Why the hell lambert and who ever at villa draw up a list of the twats who are detrimental to the villa like Tom Ross radio wm radio blue nose etc etc and tell them they to do one like fergie did to the bbc. Jesus Christ all they are looking for is to get a headline to promote themselves again and again.

It's just a shame people are so quick to fall for and be manipulated by the media time and time again. I'm pretty sure Lambert would love to win the F.A. Cup.

Offline LTA

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
Disappointed to see how the FA Cup has been devalued in recent years.  However, the likes of Tom Ross and Mark Regan reckon its "a tragedy"?   Stan falling ill with leaukemia was a tragedy, more so than a manager making comments about a cup competition.  A bit of an overreaction if you ask me.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
Looking at it realistically, after four league games in twelve days the last thing any manager wants is another match three days later. Lambert was being honest and is getting slagged for it.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
At least he said he wants to win it. I seem to recall someone suggesting they put out a shite team as they werent interested in the cup a few years ago.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Looking at the potential injury news from another thread I dare say he was probably not having his best day when asked the question.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Looking at the potential injury news from another thread I dare say he was probably not having his best day when asked the question.

that's a bloody good point Matt. I'm sure he's thinking if this carries on him and Sid would need to lace up again. Hold on a minute...Lambert and Cowans in our midfield

*strokes chin*

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »
Still love the fa cup and am looking forward to seeing some of the fringe players and not to mention 6,000 away fans in the ground. Should be a good atmosphere. Fair play to the club too, £10 for adults and £5 for kids is great value.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »
Oh dear

Now picked up on by the mainstream media.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal