collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert OUT  (Read 40932 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Lambert OUT
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2013, 05:59:33 PM »
Changing the manager might not change a thing,but surely it has to be worth trying ,rather than settling for the awful football we are having to watch under this clueless manager

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
Is December Lambert's March?

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »
Before sacking Lambert, I'd want to see who he signed in the transfer window, or at the very least who his targets are for the summer. Because if he brings in some actual quality in the defence and midfield we might actually start to look like a good side again. Our only major problem right now is that we have a squad full of squad players, and only about three first teamers, two of whom are injured.

Simple equation: either we sign better players and do ok, or we don't and are fucked.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »
We're going through a pretty awful spell and sit in 13th place.  As out-of-sorts as we are at the moment  I reckon the manager and team have it in them to turn things around and get a mid-table finish this season.  More than a change of manager, we need new bodies in January and a return to the attacking ethos of last season. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »
He's lost his way big time.

Really if we lose our next two to Swansea and Sunderland he has to go imo. Following that will be Arsenal at home and Liverpool and Everton away so make no mistake we'll be in another relegation battle as teams are closing in on us now and imo you'll need more points to stay up than last season.

There is no joy at all in home games. We've now what failed to score in 6 of the 10, never score in the first half and today the only chances of note we created were from high balls. If you keep punting high balls in the box eventually one or two will fall for you.

It's got so bad it's looking like we'll even struggle to match the four wins McLeish masterminded in our previous worst ever home season.

And it's not even a bad joke that when we're drawing now Bowery seems to have morphed into some sort of match winning saviour with 15 minutes left.

Offline eastie

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
We're going through a pretty awful spell and sit in 13th place.  As out-of-sorts as we are at the moment  I reckon the manager and team have it in them to turn things around and get a mid-table finish this season.  More than a change of manager, we need new bodies in January and a return to the attacking ethos of last season. 

Three points from relegation zone and playing shit football while teams below us are improving .
We are sliding into trouble and fast.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

I meant Hoddle

Oh. I dont have anything against Hoddle.

Offline mike

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this. AVFC  on 14th May 2012 when they sacked McLeish. Talk is cheap.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
I'd give him the next 3 games - all winnable. Little or Zero return and it is taxi for PL.

I hate wanting people out of work but the previous 2 incumbents should never have been hired and we are no better than under TSM and we should be.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »

Three points from relegation zone and playing shit football while teams below us are improving .
We are sliding into trouble and fast.

You're right, we are playing shite football but - like the teams below us - we can improve.  I saw enough last year and at the start of this season to see we have a decent side that can battle and win games of football.  We've four and a half months of the season left plus a transfer window to address the problems we currently have. 

Offline myf

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
"out of sorts"!? dire for 3 yrs

Offline eastie

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
We hit on a style of play late last season that paid dividends for us but teams know how to counter that now and we don't seem to have a plan b or the ability to break sides down - we have problems in all areas of the team apart from goalkeeper.

Offline Archie

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2013, 06:22:51 PM »
we don't seem to have a plan b

The thing that concerns me more is that we do not even have a Plan A.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »
I'd give him the next 3 games - all winnable. Little or Zero return and it is taxi for PL.

I hate wanting people out of work but the previous 2 incumbents should never have been hired and we are no better than under TSM and we should be.

Put that kind of pressure on him and the team and the chances are we'll get zero return.  My approach would be to give him the transfer window and the rest of the season to show he is steadily improving Aston Villa.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
Who would you replace him with if he did go?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal