collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279866 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 12:44:38 AM »
I agree Given is a parasite same as Hutton.
No they are both Irish. I don't think we have signed any players from Parasiteland.

Say what now?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 01:00:50 AM »
He's better than Lowton just cos he scored a wonder goal don't make him a good player Hutton should be given a chance

If he is better than Lowton I am better than Pele at his peak. Lowton, were he Scottish, would be right back for Scotland, not Hutton. Bannan and Adam, his mates, are putting in nice words in the press to keep his spirits up which is lovely, but Mallorca tried to get him back and he asked for too much money. He is a walking donkey and kicks like a mule. Right back for Villa? I would sooner see Guzan there than Hutton. Hutton better than Lowton. Brilliant. And Lowton must have set up 6-7 with great crosses last season, and set up the 2nd at the weekend, created our best chance at West Ham too with his crossing. His form dipped, but he is still a really good footballer. In his best moments Hutton is best off wandering up and down Blackpool beach with a brat on his back.

And Given was actively searching for a move away last summer but understandably did not want to swap our bench for Liverpools bench. I want him out just as much as Hutton, but he is a far different case, and has been thoroughly professional throughout.

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
I don't think Bent, Hutton, Given, Ireland etc are much worse than the players playing for us in their positions.  I think the point is their replacements are doing as good a job or better for a fraction of the wages that Hutton etc are on.  If Hutton was on £15k I'd imagine he'd be in and around the squad.  I don't think N'Zogbia is any worse than Tonev but I'd rather perservere with Tonev even if Zog was fit as the guy can do a similar job for a fraction of the cost.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »
And Given was actively searching for a move away last summer but understandably did not want to swap our bench for Liverpools bench. I want him out just as much as Hutton, but he is a far different case, and has been thoroughly professional throughout.
I wouldn't say that Hutton has been particularly unprofessional. You never hear stories about him complaining or refusing to train.

He's shit and massively overpaid, but he doesn't seem have been any less professional than Given.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
If you were in Huttons position you would do exactly the same, crap player but i havn't read or heard him bagging Villa.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »

That's a bit over the top. Hutton just isn't very good and Given was decent for us but is now not in Lambert's plans. I haven't heard either of the ever slag the club off, and in fact they come across as decent people.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »

I wouldn't lump Given in. He could've just sat on the bench at City collecting a few winners medals as backup to Joe Hart but wanted to play.

The problem was the ridiculous 5 year deal we gave out. Even 3 years and he'd have been out the door next summer.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »
I don't think Bent, Hutton, Given, Ireland etc are much worse than the players playing for us in their positions.  I think the point is their replacements are doing as good a job or better for a fraction of the wages that Hutton etc are on.  If Hutton was on £15k I'd imagine he'd be in and around the squad.  I don't think N'Zogbia is any worse than Tonev but I'd rather perservere with Tonev even if Zog was fit as the guy can do a similar job for a fraction of the cost.

yep when Tonev skied that shot into the North stand I did think to myself why at least these players only cost us 2m when they do it rather than the 10m plus 50k a week that N'zog was on.

Offline eastie

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »

Ridiculous.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

No he isn't and neither is Hutton.  Both of them took the contracts that were on offer by Villa, same as anyone would in their position. 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
Yep.  Both players, for different reasons, don't have a future at the club.  They're no more parasites than any player who sings a lucrative contract at any football club.  If either ever plays for us again, I'm sure they'll do so gladly and give their all.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:48:05 AM by Concrete John »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »

No he isn't and neither is Hutton.  Both of them took the contracts that were on offer by Villa, same as anyone would in their position. 

Indeed, it is absolute nonsense.

I don't blame them for a nanosecond, if I'd been given a contract like that, I wouldn't consider it in any way wrong for me to see it out. If the club were opting not to use me, that's their shout.

As for Given being a parasite? Does anyone really think Given is the type of player to be lumped into that category? Lambert has even spoken about how great Hutton's attitude has been.

I just don't understand why people aren't satisfied with the fact that they're not playing because the manager doesn't see them as of use in the way he wants to move forward.

Why isn't that enough? Why the need to describe them as parasites or having bad attitude when there is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that this is the case?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
I am pretty sure if he handed in a transfer request he could have got a move last summer. But he didnt because he doesnt believe in himself enough to take a pay cut and prove himself at a new club.

He is probably frozen out because of appearance fees or some such in his contract.

Hutton is just acting the same way Shay Given is, I find it a bit annoying Hutton gets abuse but Shay doesnt.

I've not seen newspaper articles where Given is moaning about a lack of first team football despite turning down opportunities in the summer.

What's wrong with that?

He gets slaughtered by some for picking up the wages quietly, then criticised by others for saying he wants to get first team football somewhere.

As for him turning down opportunities, from what was said at the time, that was about money and the teams concerned not being able to afford his wages. You can't expect him to just toddle off regardless and play for free.

The fact is, we gave Hutton a big deal, and we gave Given what is almost certainly a much bigger deal for five years. If anyone needs criticising for this, it is the people who signed them (more so Hutton) in the first place, and those that gave such big deals - Given's five years, for example.

The last people worthy of blame for that are Hutton and Given.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
I'm surprised why clubs still give big contract lengths out bar obviously outstanding young talent or your best player like Benteke.

For average mediocre players for which there are many in this league I wouldn't consider giving anything above 3 years and no one over 30 would get anymore than two year extensions so would stop another Habib Beye type deal.

I know there is complexity with this (pretty sure we gave Given the long deal to cover the wages he was getting at City0 but given how little job security there is for a manager these days it seems stange as a manager will get sacked and another will come in and wisely not fancy Hutton or Given as Lambert has done.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »

So you get a contract offered by a club , and every body agrees said contract. How fuck is given and hutton a parasite, NO as they never refused to play!!!

More like Villa/Mcleish and Faulkner being desperate and commercially naive.

If someone doubled your wages would you say no? on ethical and moral grounds if you knew your were being over paid

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal