collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Player entrance music  (Read 37844 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Player entrance music
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
you can play One Direction for an hour before the match

Now you just go away and think about what you have just said - the soap and water is over there, next to the naughty step

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »
The only time we had something that felt like it got the crowd going was when they used to play Geno by Dexys and everyone sang Deano (for Dean Saunders). I used to really enjoy that when I was I was younger. Not bothered now but I can see that the younger fans would enjoy a song to get behind as a curtain raiser.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sabbath in December but i dont think any of their songs are upbeat enough. Livin After Midnight (Judas Priest) is the only local metal band song that I can think of that's upbeat but i think its about getting off you ti*s on drugs.

They might as well play Seven Nation Army - at least the crowd can fill in the "Oh Christian Benteke bit" and get the atmosphere going.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
The single most boring, over-debated subject on here for years now.

That's not a dig at anyone discussing it, but really, what's the point?

Manufacturing consent on something like this doesn't work.

We had the well intentioned but (my opinion) deeply, deeply cringemaking thing with people making a video of themselves singing The Bells Are Ringing, then we had the - amazingly - even worse spectacle of that thing the club commissioned that sounded like a supergroup of Peter Cetera, Foreigner and REO Speedwagon singing TBAR, then there was that bizarre thing with the bells clanging which was so depressing, people were diving head first from the Upper Trinity to avoid seeing the 90 minutes following, then there were all those threads on here where we argued that we didn't understand why oh why young people didn't "get" TFAUSM like we did (we who are old enough to remember it), then there was "let's play Iron Man, Ozzy loves the Villa", except it turns out he's not really arsed, and I am sure I'm forgetting some other shite we've tried / flogged to death / failed to agree on here.

Just play some fucking music, anything will do, change it every week, anything, but make this saga of a subject go away.

In fact, fuck the music, don't play anything, let's opt for silence. Let's focus instead on making the ensuing 90 minutes a spectacle which people look forward to more than a double root canal session from a dentist with a tremor, one in which we win more often.

I don't give a shit, really, you can play One Direction for an hour before the match if you can make the actual football at home something worth watching.

So you saying that you want a bot of Morrissey?

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »
I liked when they used Arcade Fire - Wake Up. Quite apt too considering the way we start games.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
Why didn't Barry take the penalty?

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
Loser by Beck

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
The single most boring, over-debated subject on here for years now.

That's not a dig at anyone discussing it, but really, what's the point?

Manufacturing consent on something like this doesn't work.

We had the well intentioned but (my opinion) deeply, deeply cringemaking thing with people making a video of themselves singing The Bells Are Ringing, then we had the - amazingly - even worse spectacle of that thing the club commissioned that sounded like a supergroup of Peter Cetera, Foreigner and REO Speedwagon singing TBAR, then there was that bizarre thing with the bells clanging which was so depressing, people were diving head first from the Upper Trinity to avoid seeing the 90 minutes following, then there were all those threads on here where we argued that we didn't understand why oh why young people didn't "get" TFAUSM like we did (we who are old enough to remember it), then there was "let's play Iron Man, Ozzy loves the Villa", except it turns out he's not really arsed, and I am sure I'm forgetting some other shite we've tried / flogged to death / failed to agree on here.

Just play some fucking music, anything will do, change it every week, anything, but make this saga of a subject go away.

In fact, fuck the music, don't play anything, let's opt for silence. Let's focus instead on making the ensuing 90 minutes a spectacle which people look forward to more than a double root canal session from a dentist with a tremor, one in which we win more often.

I don't give a shit, really, you can play One Direction for an hour before the match if you can make the actual football at home something worth watching.

Post of the season so far for me, top work Mr Walnuts.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Quite why we don't play this I'll never know.  A true classic. One listen and youre singing it in your head for days...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmZYLLsoDA

Offline Colin B

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »
I think we do need something and also something that is unique to us. So how about

A) four seasons by Nigel Kennedy

B) something else by Nigel Kennedy

C) Something specially written/commissioned by Nigel Kennedy

Offline charlie

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »
Did we ditch Theme from ...........movie as a result of Ellis, sorry Sir Sacred Dugg, returning and ditching all things associated with Saunders,[except the Title, and the European Cup Groundwork], because the tune is always associated with those glorious years when we won Cups, League and Europe.
Tony Butler playing the theme, Villa nights in Europe, ahhhhh.

Offline Dio1874

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »
The only time we had something that felt like it got the crowd going was when they used to play Geno by Dexys and everyone sang Deano (for Dean Saunders). I used to really enjoy that when I was I was younger. Not bothered now but I can see that the younger fans would enjoy a song to get behind as a curtain raiser.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sabbath in December but i dont think any of their songs are upbeat enough. Livin After Midnight (Judas Priest) is the only local metal band song that I can think of that's upbeat but i think its about getting off you ti*s on drugs.

They might as well play Seven Nation Army - at least the crowd can fill in the "Oh Christian Benteke bit" and get the atmosphere going.

Never say die by Sabbath fair rock's along & PL is trying to install that sort of attitude in the club

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »
Oh, sod it, let's just run out to the Theme From Shaft.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:33 AM »
I quite like Roary the racing car.  Well, anythings better than Peppa pissing pig

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »
I quite like Underdog by Kasbian.

Seeing them live with some flares on the go was quite atmospheric.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
No Robbie Williams - Rudebox?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal