collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880045 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #4500 on: March 24, 2021, 09:01:06 PM »
I wouldn’t disagree with any of that however sensible does not describe 80% of the callers.

I only pick it up occasionally, but it definitely loses the ‘Eddie & Polly’ levels of madness.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #4501 on: March 24, 2021, 09:04:47 PM »
I wouldn’t disagree with any of that however sensible does not describe 80% of the callers.

I only pick it up occasionally, but it definitely loses the ‘Eddie & Polly’ levels of madness.

Eddie and Polly both still call, they are the extreme end of the spectrum of madness to be fair.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4502 on: March 25, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
From the very few times I have listened to it since I had enough during the last championship season the digs at Villa are still there but very much more subtle than under Franks.  Plus it is the same 10 callers including Ken the suicidal Blues fan, Pete from Erdington who talks about his bad leg and our kid being a Villa fan, he is 67 you know, Eddie, who seems to be a reincarnation of Helium Lee that used to be on and is a racist, Polly who is the archetypal old woman next door that would stab the kids football if it came over the fence, Statto Steve the Blues fan, Alan the Villa fan who does make me laugh, Van the suicidal Albion fan.  At least that odious Wolves fan, Pat from a couple of seasons ago doesn't phone in anymore.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #4503 on: March 25, 2021, 10:33:15 AM »
From the very few times I have listened to it since I had enough during the last championship season the digs at Villa are still there but very much more subtle than under Franks.  Plus it is the same 10 callers including Ken the suicidal Blues fan, Pete from Erdington who talks about his bad leg and our kid being a Villa fan, he is 67 you know, Eddie, who seems to be a reincarnation of Helium Lee that used to be on and is a racist, Polly who is the archetypal old woman next door that would stab the kids football if it came over the fence, Statto Steve the Blues fan, Alan the Villa fan who does make me laugh, Van the suicidal Albion fan.  At least that odious Wolves fan, Pat from a couple of seasons ago doesn't phone in anymore.

You have both accurately and with wit described Monday - Friday for the last 3 months.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4504 on: March 25, 2021, 10:38:20 AM »
There used to be another really annoying Villa fan called Rob (hope he is not on here) who used to say to the guest footballer 'you'll know this better than me Gary, but I have played to a very decent level and I know when players are tryin' an' when they aren't.'  Words to that effect coming across as some kind of footballing guru.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #4505 on: March 25, 2021, 05:13:49 PM »
I see that Mark "Rego" Regan previously of RWM parish has moved to commentary on AVFC

Online BC Villain

« Reply #4506 on: March 27, 2021, 09:55:45 PM »
There used to be another really annoying Villa fan called Rob (hope he is not on here) who used to say to the guest footballer 'you'll know this better than me Gary, but I have played to a very decent level and I know when players are tryin' an' when they aren't.'  Words to that effect coming across as some kind of footballing guru.

Haven't listened to this for ages, but they had another Villa fan called Liam who was an utter misery.  Once, WM had a "worst manager your club has had" debate and he said Sir Graham, on the basis that he destroyed John Gregory's team and that his first spell was "irrelevant".

Think he also demanded that we be thrown out of the FA Cup after the Sandwell pitch invasion.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4507 on: March 28, 2021, 02:36:10 AM »
Hmmm one suspects that’s Liam the baggie that used to post on here.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #4508 on: March 28, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »
Had to smile at WM last night ,they let the Walsall fans have their say for the last hour .Two things i discovered ,Walsall have more fans than i realised and i did not know they had not won in 17 games .

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4509 on: April 30, 2021, 06:12:06 PM »
Dennis Mortimer coming up on WM talking about the title winning season forty years on.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #4510 on: April 30, 2021, 06:19:40 PM »
Dennis Mortimer coming up on WM talking about the title winning season forty years on.

Now I feel old.....

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4511 on: April 30, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »

Now I feel old.....

I've felt old for a while, now I know I AM old.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4512 on: April 30, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »
Was it just me or did it seem like Dennis Mortimer didn't like Gary Williams? He was asked for a one word description to describe each of his thirteen title winning team mates and quick as a flash he came up with a positive one word answer for each one except Williams when his answer was 'pass'.

Offline nigel

« Reply #4513 on: May 01, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »
Was it just me or did it seem like Dennis Mortimer didn't like Gary Williams? He was asked for a one word description to describe each of his thirteen title winning team mates and quick as a flash he came up with a positive one word answer for each one except Williams when his answer was 'pass'.

Perhaps he was talking about his pass in the build up to the goal 🤷‍♂️

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4514 on: May 01, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
Gary Williams is one of the fourteen you never hear much about.  That's the way it seems to me, perhaps I'm reading the wrong articles.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal