collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 879952 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #4335 on: July 28, 2020, 11:11:17 AM »
Their sports news round up this morning covered Lallana signing for Brighton and Klopp winning Manager of the Year but nothing about Suso or the Villa Women's Manager winning the Women's Championship Manager of the Year. So much for "local" radio.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4336 on: July 28, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
Their sports news round up this morning covered Lallana signing for Brighton and Klopp winning Manager of the Year but nothing about Suso or the Villa Women's Manager winning the Women's Championship Manager of the Year. So much for "local" radio.

Loathe as I am to defend them, a lot of that is down to BBC cuts rather than their own incompetence.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4337 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:28 PM »
Whole station is like some 6th form in-house radio project.Bin the fucking lot.

Except for Garry Thompson.

Think Thommo has improved a fair bit as a co-commentator this season. Before it was just stating the obvious but know he has a bit more insight, probably helped by actually knowing who most of the opposition players are compared to the championship years.....Loike.

Was trying to think who did the co-comms on our games before he got the gig. I can remember Big Ron for a season but that was years ago when O'Neill was manager.
Brian little did a few as did Graham Taylor unless I dreamt that

I remember Brian doing the Wycombe away FA Cup game and sounding very annoyed describing it politely as a Jack Average performance.

Offline AndyB6

« Reply #4338 on: July 28, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »
Pat Heard was on for a good while wasn't he?

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #4339 on: July 28, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »

Loathe as I am to defend them, a lot of that is down to BBC cuts rather than their own incompetence.
Yes, the cuts will definitely affect the sports coverage.

It's very easy to have a pop at local radio, but for some people, it is a companion and it has always provided a service for sport with commentaries and phone-ins. Whether or not you personally like it is another matter.

Also if your team is not in the Prem, apart from social media platforms, local radio (not just WM), has generally provided one of the few sources of information and updates.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #4340 on: July 28, 2020, 06:57:50 PM »
Was Wilford doing it?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4341 on: July 28, 2020, 08:10:47 PM »

An article popped up on my news feed today. It's about institutionalised (two postwar acts of Parliament, so that counts) Birmingham-bashing, in response to a now deleted sanctimonious condescending recent tweet by the BBC Archive and its subsequent shit 'apology', and includes how
Just 1.9 per cent of the BBC’s annual budget was spent in the Midlands in 2017-18, despite the area being the largest of the seven English regions and contributing £900m a year to the corporation.

The article
"Birmingham was bidding to host the 1992 Olympic Games. Yes, Birmingham. Yes, the Olympic Games." Oh, how ******* droll

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4342 on: July 28, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »

Pat Heard was on that Villan radio station you could get on Sky. Can still remember it was channel 903. Morley was on it aswell.

Fairly sure Steve Froggatt was used by WM for a while and going way back Dennis Mortimer was on the Friday football phone in regularly when it was actually worth listening to.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #4343 on: July 28, 2020, 10:33:08 PM »

Pat Heard was on that Villan radio station you could get on Sky. Can still remember it was channel 903. Morley was on it aswell.

Fairly sure Steve Froggatt was used by WM for a while and going way back Dennis Mortimer was on the Friday football phone in regularly when it was actually worth listening to.

Ahem. He wasn't the only one.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4344 on: July 28, 2020, 10:50:39 PM »

Ah right you found time to fit that into your schedule alongside your Sky sports fanzone gig....(wink)

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #4345 on: July 28, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »

Ah right you found time to fit that into your schedule alongside your Sky sports fanzone gig....(wink)

I did that once.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4346 on: July 28, 2020, 11:23:00 PM »

An article popped up on my news feed today. It's about institutionalised (two postwar acts of Parliament, so that counts) Birmingham-bashing, in response to a now deleted sanctimonious condescending recent tweet by the BBC Archive and its subsequent shit 'apology', and includes how
Just 1.9 per cent of the BBC’s annual budget was spent in the Midlands in 2017-18, despite the area being the largest of the seven English regions and contributing £900m a year to the corporation.

The article
"Birmingham was bidding to host the 1992 Olympic Games. Yes, Birmingham. Yes, the Olympic Games." Oh, how ******* droll
I saw that article yesterday. It's shocking that our government could deliberately blight the prospects of the city but it's true. Our local clubs are treated with similar disdain by the bbc.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4347 on: July 28, 2020, 11:23:06 PM »

I did that once.

I didn't like your tan Dave.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #4348 on: July 28, 2020, 11:24:50 PM »

I didn't like your tan Dave.

It was pissing down and November.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4349 on: September 22, 2020, 06:10:17 PM »
don't hold your breath

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal