collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:42:01 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by steamer
[Today at 12:34:18 PM]

Champions League Contention by Billy Walker
[Today at 12:32:33 PM]

Diego Carlos by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 12:30:57 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:22:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 882186 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3810 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:08 PM »
Everytime I hear that wally Mel Eves it makes me think he sounds like someone who probably has really bad breath. I know that sounds daft but that idea for some reason pops into my head.
I don't remember any other teams having a special correspondent who is on almost every night either does anybody else?
Nope just Wolves.
And all he does is constantly cream his pants live on air over his beloved wolves. Where's the balance and fairness? After all it's publicly funded radio station who's brief is to cover the regions football clubs fairly and impartially.

Offline AndyB6

« Reply #3811 on: January 11, 2019, 10:03:51 PM »
I suppose on reflection it could be worse - they could have him in for a show each week commenting on Wolves and everybody else for an hour and a half!
His 'summarising' skills are pretty non existent: he just drones on and on and on.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3812 on: January 11, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »
You’d have bad breath if you kissed arse for a living.

Offline AndyB6

« Reply #3813 on: January 12, 2019, 12:47:29 AM »
Good one 😂!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3814 on: January 12, 2019, 02:33:41 AM »
‘Always a pleasure Franksy.’

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3815 on: January 14, 2019, 01:43:20 PM »
Garry being helpful again.

"Aston Villa were nothing short of disgraceful," Thompson told BBC Radio WM. "Very, very abject performance. No desire about them.

"And the Tammy Abraham thing at the end [like he was saying goodbye to the fans], if you're him and you're looking at that side who have just folded again. Would you want to hang about here? You couldn't blame him if he had it off on his toes now."

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3816 on: January 14, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
Garry being helpful again.

"Aston Villa were nothing short of disgraceful," Thompson told BBC Radio WM. "Very, very abject performance. No desire about them.

"And the Tammy Abraham thing at the end [like he was saying goodbye to the fans], if you're him and you're looking at that side who have just folded again. Would you want to hang about here? You couldn't blame him if he had it off on his toes now."

Nothing really controversial there is there?  It's exactly what we've all been saying after Saturday.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3817 on: January 14, 2019, 02:15:19 PM »
Thompson and WM as whole aren't there to be helpful, their role is to report what they see, which, apart that tomfoolery at 5.30pm is generally what they do. The idea that, other than the official club outlets, the media are meant to be "cheerleaders" is wholly wrong and something everyone would baulk against were the club being run like Blackpool for instance.

I agree that both WM and The Mail are overly critical about us at times, I've posted to that effect on here myself, they appear to go out of their way to be negative but conversely they have no obligation to be "helpful" or "support" us only to tilt their coverage in our favour because they are local outlets.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3818 on: January 14, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
I don't mind them criticising us when we're shite but I do object to the way they seem to revel in it and permanently search for the grey cloud in every silver lining.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3819 on: January 14, 2019, 02:59:27 PM »
The only story in this region is Aston Villa, good or bad. The rest are insignificant.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3820 on: January 14, 2019, 10:16:40 PM »
I don't mind them criticising us when we're shite but I do object to the way they seem to revel in it and permanently search for the grey cloud in every silver lining.

Thommo's been doing us regularly since our relegation for WM. Generally I find him a say it as you see it co-commentator. Praises us when we're doing well and obviously calls out woeful performances like Saturday. Not a huge amount of insight but this is WM after all. Also says Like after every other word.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3821 on: January 14, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »
Thompson and WM as whole aren't there to be helpful, their role is to report what they see, which, apart that tomfoolery at 5.30pm is generally what they do. The idea that, other than the official club outlets, the media are meant to be "cheerleaders" is wholly wrong and something everyone would baulk against were the club being run like Blackpool for instance.

I agree that both WM and The Mail are overly critical about us at times, I've posted to that effect on here myself, they appear to go out of their way to be negative but conversely they have no obligation to be "helpful" or "support" us only to tilt their coverage in our favour because they are local outlets.

Fair enough, but there is a clear difference in the coverage we get from those two outlets compared to the other teams in the area.  For example, if one of those teams made the FA Cup final, do you honestly think the main story on the back page of the Birmingham Mail the day before the final would be about one of their best players possibly leaving the club in the summer (like they did about Benteke in 2015)?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3822 on: January 15, 2019, 12:22:45 PM »

Fair enough, but there is a clear difference in the coverage we get from those two outlets compared to the other teams in the area.  For example, if one of those teams made the FA Cup final, do you honestly think the main story on the back page of the Birmingham Mail the day before the final would be about one of their best players possibly leaving the club in the summer (like they did about Benteke in 2015)?

Or a week of 'Villa have played there as well' stories?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3823 on: January 15, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
The only story in this region is Aston Villa, good or bad. The rest are insignificant.

True. Any positive stories about Villa get a lot of interest from the many Villa fans and any negative Villa stories get the attention and reaction of our fans and also fans of all the other West Midlands clubs who love every word of criticism we get.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #3824 on: January 15, 2019, 03:01:36 PM »
Prior to Wolves at City , WM on a news report in the day were looking towards the match. They mentioned last time they played at Molineux and it finished 1-1

What got my goat was they described it as "A courageous draw". Can you imagine them ever using such complimentary language for the Villa?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal