collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst refereeing decisions you've seen go against us?  (Read 30191 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: Worst refereeing decisions you've seen go against us?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »
One that still pisses me off, and possibly because I had several discussions about this with a brummie red in the weeks after, is Gerrard diving to win the free kick against us on the first day of the season a few years ago. Blatant dive, punished by an outstanding free kick in all fairness, but such a feeling of being cheated out of a credible point. (they were a good side then)

Beat me to it glasses...

Online nigel

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »
Not sending off Vidic in the Cup Final. Was the worst decision I've ever seen by any ref. Dowd couldn't blame being unsighted, unsure or anything else like that. He based his decision purely on not wanting to upset their manager, then lied about it not being a goal-scoring opportunity in a pathetic attempt to cover himself.

have to go with this one, simply because of the occasion.

Online nigel

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
Gabby's so called foul on Terry, when Terry just bounced off him.
The resulting free kick ended up with a goal to them!!

Both ref and linesman cocked that one up.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
We played Bolton, I think, in the MON era and just before half time we won a corner that was cleared with a punch by one of their defenders. The only person in the whole ground to miss it was the ref. It was laughable how it wasn't a penalty. Fortunately, for the ref at least, we thrashed them in the second half and we won by three or four.

Cahill was the defender.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »

But the worst piece of refereeing, by some distance, has to be Halsey's assist for Henry's free kick. The most blatant piece of favouritism I've seen on a football pitch. Watching that clip still boils my piss. The cnut actually encourages Henry to take it.

I was bought that ticket by my GF for my birthday and for some reason she came with me.

My piss boiled so much all day after that , and on the way home , moaning and moaning in the car to the GF . Having a nephew that changed from Villa to Arsenal the week before didnt help and my GF has never been to another Villa game since with me  , she could not believe how upset I was and said I took it really badly and was no fun to be with .

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
The ref in the home leg of the UEFA Cup match against Trabzonspor in 1994/5. He let them get away with WWE tactics.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »
The Henry free kick was the first to spring to mind when I saw the thread. The ref at that Celta Vigo match wins hands down though, he didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
One that hasn't been mentioned....Chris Herd getting sent off against WBA infront of the Holte End when we were 1 up. His only crime? Getting up after falling to the ground after a collision with Olsson.

That cnut Dowd was the ref on that occasion aswell!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
One that still pisses me off, and possibly because I had several discussions about this with a brummie red in the weeks after, is Gerrard diving to win the free kick against us on the first day of the season a few years ago. Blatant dive, punished by an outstanding free kick in all fairness, but such a feeling of being cheated out of a credible point. (they were a good side then)
This one for me. The bastard asked for the free kick after coming out of his dive and ref looked at him and obliged.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »
Don't forget the ref in the 3.0 loss at Inter.   Bought hook line and sinker.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
any one remember Peter Schemeicel getting thrown in the goal against Leicester before the scored . I think it was by Aki Badboy

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »
I've mentioned this bloke on here before, Pat Partridge.  He gave so many bad decisions against us you couldn't fucking count them!

Offline mal

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »

Worst ref for me was always Elleray - any number of bad decision against us (Enckelman, penalty at Sunderland after a Sunderland player handled it), closely followed by Gunner Halsey and Dowd.

Spot on if you'll excuse the pun. Kevin Phillips red & white clad arm above his head against Delaney all clad in pale blue. Elleray gives penalty and 3 points to Sunderland.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
Poll giving Chelsea that free kick that led to the only goal in the worst FA Cup final ever! We were so negative and have never forgiven old Grecian for his tactics but that was never a free kick. I never liked Poll, the first ever celebrity ref.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
I've mentioned this bloke on here before, Pat Partridge.  He gave so many bad decisions against us you couldn't fucking count them!
Was he the man in the middle for QPR  at home this season-shocking referee

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal